Find your next favourite story now
Login

Humor Stories

Stories in this genre involve humorous observations on life, slapstick comedy, satire and funny people thrown into everyday situations.

Plots either focus on the ridiculous or include comedic injections throughout the story.

If you think laughter is the best medicine, submit your funny stories here or take a look at one of the submissions below for a good dose of humor.

The Least Bowl Game

A new take on American college football

'Tis the season to be jolly, and, here in the U.S., watch football games, especially college bowl games. Every year more of them appear on our screens. With the media talent pool stretched thin, two seldom used TV sportscasters are given the assignment of...

Mothers

Jessie has a call with her mom

“Hello? Hello?” “Yes, Mom?” “Darling, I’m going to need your help for a little while – Hello?” “Yes, I’m here.” “Now Jessie, how do I connect the do-hickey to the thingy-mcbob again?” “I’m sorry?” “You know, that black wire thing and the white thing?” “Yo...

The Good Wife

Appreciation of the wrong kind

I wish to write a treatise on my good wife. I believe she deserves one after her past endeavors to make our life more pleasant. Not that I wish to make her out to be perfect, she has her little quirks and foibles as everyone does. I even have a few myself...

Hangover Luck

the lucky boozer

I wantit made crystal clear that this story is certainly not based on personal experience but after talking to my wife's side of the family I've learned a few things. Ooooh, Where's that aspirin, it's supposed to be right here. Why did somebody move the a...

The Hospital Blues

Hospital experiences

Have you ever had to be in a hospital? I'm not talking about visiting a sick friend or an injured relative. I mean have you, personally, ever needed the services of a hospital? If your answer is no, consider yourself fortunate. If your answer is yes, cons...

The Secret Life of Bellingham Sam

Meet Sam, a fellow with an active imagination, a lust for life and a real knack for storytelling...

  This story contains mature themes * * * Sam was startled — and annoyed — by the blaring of a car horn while he sat parked along with a thousand other drivers on Interstate 5. What exactly did the genius expect to accomplish by honking here when the logj...

Confessions of a Prankster

Things I did as a fun loving teenager.

Everybody at one time or another has pulled a prank on a friend or friends. When age 19, I was a spot on prankster. I was constantly pulling pranks not on my friends but on perfect strangers. These were classics which to this day amaze everyone who knows...

The Good Life

living the good life

As I sit here, contemplating on my life, and calling up memories of all the good people, times, and happenings in my existence, I suddenly realize that there were bad ones too. If I had a choice, would I repeat them and would the knowledge I received from...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Dave and Emmett Ride Again

Dave and Emmett together again

This is written as a stand alone story but some of it might be better understood if you read the first two chapters starting with “The Town Drunk.” Dave Meyer and Emmett Wolf had struck it rich with a fabulous gold strike which had raised their station in...

Flying Through the Air

No doubt about it I was heading for the ditch at 110 km. per hour.

This story takes place at harvest time again. It was a time when our cell phone did not have great signal strength, as we are situated between two signal towers. It's better now but still not great.I was at home, and decided to give Ed a call to see if he...

The Stormer

Carrying a torch can get you burnt.

Davina was her name and she pleaded that I should not write this, that I should not expose her to the world. Apologies, sweet Davey, whose standard would I bear if your starlit eyes had not so pleaded. Those days are gone. 1. THE WALL AND THE PEOPLE See w...

How To Be A Master Criminal

Being a Criminal Mastermind isn't easy

The annals of fiction are full of master criminals and evil geniuses. From Sherlock Holmes’ Professor Moriarty to James Bond’s Doctor No, to Superman’s Lex Luthor, each dashing hero must have a worthy nemesis to prove his credentials. Yet, for the budding...

Aunt Swapping

Aunts Replace Wives in Swapping Scene

A new fad is sweeping England , and it comes about as the institution of marriage falls in popularity. Because fewer couples are opting to get wed it consequently means that there are fewer opportunities to indulge in wife swapping and this is proved by t...

The Village Idiot

Sometimes, it's clever to be stupid.

Taint easy being a village idiot, specially if one’s not as foolish as one hopes others think you are. It’s a constant battle of wits, really. Me trying to convince them others that I really am as stupid as they think I am. One slip could betray me, one s...