Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

Growing Up Ranch Chapter 11 Horsey Tales. My growing up ranch was quite unusual even in its day. The reason was we were one of the few ranches that worked our cattle exclusively with horses. These “beasts of burden” became friends and companions, each wit...

This is a true story. It has been told many times and always gets a laugh. I even told it at her funeral as she always said that she didn't want people sitting around crying. Now it was a typical Saturday morning at our house and It had to be sometime bef...

Obituary

Something I started when told I had cancer...

I wrote my obituary today. It feels strange to write that, a surreal experience to say the least. How does one take stock of his life? If it is by money and status, then I am very poor indeed. If it is by the number of his friends, then I again fail. Did...

My Eagle

He is so free and majestic as his white head and splayed white tail propel...

It never failed. I was never surprised anymore. I walk out here with my fleece throw, my cup of coffee in hand, and sit on the bench overlooking the lake. Then, without question, there he is, always soaring high above the lake fog. I swear I can see the w...

Anonymous

Rest in peace, one of the only men who will ever live in my heart.From the first time I opened my eyes, you were there, with a grin so big nothing could erase it.When I turned 3 and mom walked away, you looked at me and said: "It's you and me against the...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Growing Up Ranch Chapter 9

Play and Exploring become Work.

Growing up Ranch Chapter 9 Working and Exploring  Work. That four letter word we all grow to know eventually. Growing up "Ranch" meant that work started early in life and was intertwined with an element or curiosity that I will call "exploring". The line...

I just answered one of those calls that I get from the Vet Center the day before I go in for an appointment with my counselor. One of the nice things about having been in a war is that I get a free shrink for the rest of my foreseeable future. I remember...

It was the turn of the century before bubble gum filled lollipops had become the obsession of every Zambian child. Cola flavoured lollipops were all the rage back then. I would never quite go as far as saying I would have done anything for one, but I did...

The stars shineLighting up the skyFor me I seeThe stars in your eyesMessages like sweet perfumeYou send me love each dayMaking me know happiness and good cheerFor when I have you with meOut of sight you never areWatching you while you sleepShave and dress...