Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

Youth Theater

My experiences with Youth Theater. Part 1

In the Summer of 1990 and the beautiful lady producer from Dracula contacted me again. Her Summer youth theater program was presenting "Grease" for the second time and they needed a Teen Angel. The last time I took the vacant roll of Vince Fountain, the s...

Defensive Tactics Training

Training with a female

As a police officer and trainer I attended many an update seminars to keep my self-defense skills sharp and to insure that I passed on the newest and proven techniques to my trainees. Female officers were rare at these classes as rolling around on the gro...

Haunted House Part 2

More stories about the Haunted House project.

I loved that old house. When I became the project co-chairman I was given a set of keys and placed to the alarm call list because I live closer than anyone else. I would open it during the Summer to air it out, and I learned to navigate the interior in ne...

Dream Time - I

not sure what to do w/this - if I fictionalise, the kid may not be credible (even if it's me)

Dream Time I (draft) Shortly after she'd sent me away at 12, feeling like a good horse or warm buffalo robe, my mother was returning me from a visit at the studio where she lived, to my father's house – we'd not stopped for homemade pie and coffees at the...

Invite Rejected

An invite to my class reunion

It was many years ago that I happened to bump into " Ricky " at a local restaurant. He had been a schoolmate and like me wore a loser tag presented to us by our peers, so I didn't mind chatting with him.He informed me that he was on the five year reunion...

Reunion

Reuniting with a friend

It was one of those days when I waxed nostalgic and longed for the friends of my younger days. In the past I had attempted to locate some of them without success using a well known social page but had never tried her name. I typed her name into the friend...

Almost a Star

My first and only shot at TV fame

During my time in Florida, I lived with a good lady friend of mine. It was not a sexual relationship, we were more like brother and sister. This arrangement caused a few tense moments with her current boyfriend, especially when they were having a verbal d...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Thirty Forever

I remember . . .

Thirty Forever Back when I was in my thirties, after a particularly heavy snow-storm, I noticed the school-kids having snowball fights every day as they walked by my house on their way to school. I decided to have a little fun with them. I hid behind the...

The last time I saw you, we were barely fifteen and yet gathering no attention when we took our usual seats on the rickety wooden bench at the playground on 5 th street. All the mothers there knew us, we’d been there so long, and we in turn knew them and...

Wedding DJ

Memories of a wedding DJ

Yes, I was a wedding DJ. I started in biz when DJ's were still considered a novelty. Here are examples of what I experienced. Wedding receptions fall into four categories: Great, Good, Bad and The Worst. The GREAT ones are comprised of about 15% of the re...

The Haunted House.

My Haunted House experiences

Halloween. Is there a better holiday? I don't think so. I have loved Halloween since I was a kid, along with the old Universal and Hammer horror movies that only seemed to be shown during that time of year.In 1972 the Cleveland Jaycees leased a deserted 1...

Trod the Boards

My first time on stage

I have alway loved the acting and the stage. My first play was in kindergarten and I soon became fascinated with acting. A popular children's show here on Sunday would feature a well know community theater group that would present short plays between the...

CB Radio

Remembering CB Radio

Do you remember the CB radio craze? Were you part of it? It was a big thing here in the US in the early to late 70's. Now it had been around for years but was used mostly by businesses for communication purposes. Then someone discovered how much fun it wa...