Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

I have always had this fascination with old cemeteries. I remember walking around on Sunday afternoon with my grandmother in one of the oldest cemeteries in the city looking for the headstone of a friend of hers. I marveled at the old mausoleums and ornat...

Getting Caught

Yes, it happened to me too.

In my latest offering of Cop Stories #4, I tell the tale of interrupting two lovers seeking some quiet time enjoying each others charms. I was recently asked if I had ever been caught. Hell yes I have been caught! More than once! I was dating Belinda whil...

It was another beautiful warm Summer night on the graveyard shift, 6:00 pm-6:00 am. Checked the houses of the residents on vacation that had requested a house check. Pull in to the driveway and exit the vehicle. Flashlight in one hand while the other clos...

Heart of Gold

A story about my beloved late mom.

My Mom's name was Agnes. Her maiden name was Greene. She was the youngest of five children. She had one sister and three brothers. They are/were Ina Mae Dooley, Everette Greene, James Greene and Norman Greene. Two of Mom's siblings are also deceased. Norm...

So on a frigid Sunday morning I began my trek from Cleveland, Ohio to Indianapolis, Indiana.The entrance ramp to I-77 South was treacherous and roads were no better with top speed was maybe 40 mph. I-271 South was worse as only one lane had been used sinc...

The first time I saw April, we were going door to door in a shabby Hispanic neighborhood, telling people to “repent or burn,” “Jesus saves,” “get saved” and “come to church.” April made me nervous because her eyes had a crazy, buggy glaze. It didn’t help...

Darby

Memories from when I was three.

I guess I am probably of the last generation that can remember when milk, eggs, bread, butter, and other dairy products were delivered. And, because of the war, our milkman in Darby (a suburb of Philadelphia, not Darby, England) used a horse and wagon. I...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Kismet

My first professional theater job.

It was Friday afternoon in mid-June, 1962. I had just stepped out of the shower, and was feeling considerably better for having removed a layer of cement dust and sweat when the phone rang. My mother got to it first, but held it out to me, saying, "It’s M...

My Memories of My Mother I lost my life long best friend who was also my mother in March 2013. The memories I have of Mom go from laughter and sorrow to tears and anger but because she was my best friend and emotional supporter I want to concentrate only...

Cop Stories 3

Just another DUI stop

So here I am working the over night or graveyard shift, 10:00 pm - 6:00 am. My buddy Steve radios in that he is stopping a possible intox driver, as he is about 2 blocks away I advise dispatch that I am en route. As I arrive on scene Steve already has the...

My Paramour

A true story

Scenario: It's almost closing time and the last call bell has rung. Most of my buds have managed to meet someone new and all that's left are the dregs, and I have never and will never go that route. So I go to the pay phone and place a call. Remember dear...

Amanda

A special memory of one morning with my dad, and my favorite doll.

I'm lying on the floor of our rec-room, watching cartoons. I'm about eight years old and this is pretty much all I do on a Saturday morning. I hear the front door slam, a familiar sound, and glance up only when I realize that my father is coming down the...