Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

Clerk

Can you say J.D.?

I couldn’t believe it, on the second day, when they put me in that tiny room all by myself. A room with no windows and an ashtray. I looked at my watch. It was 8:20 a.m. I wanted to cry. Cry, because I was bored. Cry, for the poor kid whose file I had to...

She heard the knock on the door. strange it did not sound like some one wanting in she thought as she went and opened the door. When she did open it. He fell into her arms. It was all she could do to hold him up and help get him to the chair. What in the...

I love the early mornings Before the sun comes up To sit and watch the start of a day As the darkness starts to fade To see the first light Start to slowly come my way To hear the birds singing The welcome of a new day The sun slowly showing Over the moun...

Chapter 2She smiles, as she watches the girl in the mirror. Strange that this girl does not smile with her eyes either. She gives the same fake smile. Would the girl ever smile with her eyes again, she wanted to ask? She was too afraid of the answers.This...

As I sit and watch the children swing It takes me back to the days of my childhood Of playing hide n seek Making mud pies Of playing in the creek water knee deep Of catching fire flies and toads Of carless days doing nothing at all Being a child with no w...

"That was wonderful." Susan hit me with that smile again. It made me quiver down to my core, but I didn't let her know. I think she knew anyway. "Do I get any of your story?" "Not just yet. I'd like to keep you guessing. You could tell me some of yours th...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Crucial Test

It was the news I dreaded, but read anyway.

I stand in my tiny kitchen to get a cool glass of apple juice. I grip the bottle tightly as I pour. I stop pouring, not because the glass is full, but because my hand shakes so violently. The shaking is worse now. I can barely hold anything without shakin...

Rumor Has It

Rumors hurt, but can also be fun.

We have all seen the results of vicious rumors and even nice rumors that twisted into something different. How do these happen and how do the twists end up in them? We have seen it often. Someone witnessed part of an event. That person told someone else....

My Mom touches my life Each and every day The smiles and tears And gentle but firm words Her love shines through Her eyes her hands and heart so deep Her encouragement and appreciation is without fail The love reaches out No matter the miles No matter the...

Shark Day: The Devil, the Deep Blue Sea, and the Dizziness worse than Death

Just a little story about the day I found out there are worse things than killer sharks.

I am not a naturally brave man. I don't, as a general rule, go out of my way to put myself in dangerous situations – or even ones that I'll find very uncomfortable. But I rarely refuse a dare. That's how I've found myself bungy jumping or skydiving despit...