Find your next favourite story now
Login

Songs

Our songs category is for those songwriters, lyricists and composers among us to showcase their musical talent. From happy, love inspired tunes, to soul-searching break-up songs, this is the place to submit your original music.

Submissions may be lyrics only or include an audio version of the song. You may also submit instrumental arrangements with an accompanying written description of the story behind your music.

Little Lonely Girl

A song I wrote when I saw a young lonely girl who reminded me of my primary years

Little lonely girl I see you all alone Single in this crowded world You're all on your own You’re a stranger to me Yet I want to cry for you I hate to see one lonely Wanna wrap my arms around you Your cheeks are rosy red Your curls are blonde Flyaway strands on your head Smile like there's nothing wrong Teach me child Why you smile You make me Make me wanna cry Make me wanna fly Grow me wings that I feel from behind Bring...

Save Me

It says no one is listening to you.

SAVE ME by Christina Dill: Verse 1: I'm a captured angel, and I'm held down by these chains, screaming in sorrow as I burn in the flames. Chorus: Save me, Save me, I feel so alone, rescue my heart as it turns to stone, rescue me, rescue me, I can't breathe, save me from this misery. Verse 2: I am transforming, my wings are turning black, as I am morphing, the clock I wanna turn back. (Repeat Chorus) Verse 3: A beautiful d...

Someone Elses ShoesWhen nothing ever seems to go my way And time gets shorter and the skies turn grey I realise that I can’t pick or choose the chance to be in someone else’s shoes When I never seem to get a chance Taking my time with this life’s sweet dance When all I’m feeling is the bay side blues I’d be better off in someone else’s shoes When you’re ready but you know I’m not When the day comes to and that’s my lot I...

Christmas Bugaloo

I dance around getting ready to cook for my family

Ooh ooh bugaloo I got to do some cooking And you have too. Ooh ooh bugaloo Stockings hanging For presents from who? Ooh ooh, bugaloo Somethings burning And its not cooked through. Ooh, ooh, bugaloo missing the garbageman who wants his bonus too. Ooh, ooh, bugaloo, Where is the marzipan? Its on my shoe. Ooh, ooh bugaloo, My son is flying here, Will I be in the queue? Ooh, ooh bugaloo I have to wait to hug him until his sis...

Temperance Town

A lyric of my observations as I wandered town late one night after a night out

Walking through this square mile Through the taxi ranks and lamps Among the city slickers Behind the lady and the tramp I see all their progress All the concrete greyish brown Nothing really changes Down here in Temperance Town Waifs and strays are begging Call girls hide away A homeless guy behind me Begs the price of another day A young girl cries 'please help me! My love lies lost unfound' Another lamplight blinking Do...

Oh, Oh, Oh, let me weep ( Purcell's Lament music)

TO THE MUSIC OF PURCELL'S LAMENT I GRIEVE FOR MY LAPTOP.I

LAMENT TO THE MUSIC OF Purcell’s lament Oh, Oh, Oh let me weep For my laptop Taken away To Nottingham Far from Fermanagh Oh, Oh, Oh let me weep I cannot send my stories I cannot read my Friends’ poems Oh, Oh, Oh let me weep For my laptop Read six books Redesigned a dress does not still my sadness Oh, Oh, Oh let me weep Cannot read my news Cannot download a quote Oh, Oh, Oh, let me weep Washing my kitchen tiles Refilling m...

Girl, Will You Marry Me?

Another quick song idea...though I was awake when I wrote this one...

We’ve been together for so long,And I think the time is right,Something I just need to ask you girl,And I need to know tonight.So much has changed for me,Since you came into my life,I need you so much, you see,And I want you for my wife.So girl, will you marry me?As I’m down here on my knees,It’s with you that I want to be,I’m asking you baby, please.I never thought I’d find someone,As sweet and kind as you,Someone I can...

Did You Ever Feel The Same?

A quick song idea that came to me earlier while taking a walk...

Did You Ever Feel The Same?I remember when I first laid eyes on you,You were the best I’d ever seen,I’d never seen a woman like you,I was wondering where you’d been.And I recall our very first date,As I stared into eyes so blue,I felt myself falling in love,Head over heels for you.Refrain…But there’s so many unanswered questions,And I’m not going to place the blame,I just have to wonder sometimes,Did you ever feel the sam...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

I got some c**e with this girl I met the other day50 dollars split to numb the pain awaylife's a whole lot easier when your body's numbyou sni**, snor (record skip)t, and swallow till you can't feel your gumsfor a few short hours the world fits right where it belongs:with no feelings and a girl on your armeverything seems more bearabletolerableI can deal with itas long as there's something or someone to veer me off topicI...

Musings

Another song on future album

I've got a twenty dollar bill rolled up that says money's best use is when it isn't being spent I roll it over and over in my brain time and time/again and againbut it's all memories as that blurred part of my life is now completeand I'm just like every other adult I told myself I never would beFuck, I hate this. I don't want this.I want my dormroom, I want my girlfriend,I want my mind fogged because all it sees when it's...

I'm Sorry That You Have To Be You

Track 12 to the music album I'm trying to create

The sun’s waking up And you don’t want it toYou say, “Sun please go back to sleep, your baby misses the moon”(A.K.A your excuse to stay fixed in your room)Not because it’s beautiful Or because it lights up the darknessThe moon to you is just the makingsOf a fruit ripped with excusesFor you to lay and rest your eyes in those sleeping bags they've createdIt’s getting easier for you, anywayAs the weather starts to freeze and...

I go to the bar and within two hours I leave. Something about all those people who’ve been looking at me, It's too much company; way, way too much companyso I walk home alone except the passing drunks and trees, go back to a place where no eyes can bother me where I’m shaking on a bathroom floor head unseen, hacking till my insides move and burst through skincovering everything. Sleep it off where I’m safe at least till t...

Intermission I

A song on my music album which will be no longer than a minute and stands as a intermission track

too many nights have gone on without sleeptoo many promises made that I couldn’t keep too many (record skip sound) being sniffed up into meto ever really care much about anythingmirrors they show reflection, but they don’t show through skinso there's been too many times where I’ve held it all intoo many times I haven’t known where to beginto tell her how I feel before the night ends

Her Song

Lyrics to a song on my music album

She lit up like some sort of Christmas treeAll golden and godlike and all bright and greenAnd I wish you could have seenMy insides swim inside of meLike bullets they shot through beamsAbsorbed in the cracks and sunk into the seamsMy heart actually skipped a beatI guess, metaphorically, it was at a loss to speakAnd walking out along the beach and the sandDrinking with her and almost holding handsHappiness sometimes it can'...

What The Shepherds Saw

The child born to save the world

(To the tune of Silent Night...(tweaked a little of course))What the Shepherds saw Out in the fields We were tending our sheep When a very bright light Interrupted our sleep Choirs of angels were singing their song They told us to come We’d been waiting so long “Christ the Saviour is here” “Christ the Saviour is here” ♥ We took our little bundles And followed the star To Bethlehem town Which wasn’t so far There in a barn...