Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

TradeMark

Remembering a good friend and missing twin

I would like to relate to you a little story. As some of you know, if you've read my profile, I did at one time do Civil War reenacting. Shortly after I started, I met another reenactor whose name was Neil. The irony behind this meeting was that we were n...

The Circle of Love

Love is a strange thing between two people. This explains my observations in my life about love.

In the 1990's, I worked for a small company that had a worldwide reputation for computer software excellence. I became the Manager of Software Support a few months after I started. It was a nice job but fraught with thankless problems if solved happily. P...

Cop Stories 2

Not a glamorous job

One of the best part time jobs I ever held was for a large outdoor shopping centre. Long before the advent of indoor Malls, this centre was the crown jewel of shopping centres and very busy. The local police were forever having to leave their assigned pat...

Legend of Bancroft Tower

Bancroft Tower stood as a sentinal to the city, but had a legend of love.

When I was young, I spent a lot of time in the back seat of my cousin's car alone. She had a boyfriend, but he did not drive and she never liked to drive alone. As a result, I went on many dates with my cousin and her boyfriend. She was five years older t...

JC and the Christmas Gift

A boys bicycle and its embarrasing problem

Before any of you think that the story is about that little boy and swaddling clothing, it's not. JC was a shiny new bicycle I received one Christmas. It was bright red and white with chrome trim and a tank with a horn. It came from Sears Roebuck, whose i...

Anonymous

7 Heart-Shaped Scars

How easy and fast your life can be altered even when you did everything right.

Today is September 18, 2013, I was hit by a car around 10:15, I knew that because I had worn my pocket watch as a necklace. It was a normal day at first, I had other things on my mind this morning. My dad woke me up to tell me that I had to cover for my o...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Stop from being bullied

A story about a student being saved by his friends at school.

I grew up in a pessimistic family where my parents imagine the worst outcome in a situation and that outcome would always turn out to be true. At first I thought they were psychic and that they predicted the future but that thought went away as quickly as...

Halloween DJ Stories

A sample of some of the Halloween Parties experiences.

With the Halloween season closing in fast I am reminded of the numerous parties that I was contracted to perform at over the years as a mobile DJ, chief among these were parties held by local singles groups. Remember that on line dating was in its infancy...

Being Bullied

I was only bullied once in my life. I conquered the bully who became my friend in the end.

When I was fifteen, I became the victim of bullying. It was a rare occurrence, but it happened. I was a sophomore in high school, not popular but visible because of my academic record. I was the number one student in my class. I was not an athlete, but I...

What Happens in Vegas, Part 2

Lady Luck is a jealous fickle witch

The morning of my second day, I first head to the check in area, an area reserved for those of us here on a package deal. They gave us a book of coupons for free mugs and the like, but you need to check in everyday to get your freebies. I deposit my goodi...