Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

It's immense, overwhelmingly immense. I'm in the Atlantic Ocean, somewhere halfway between La Gomera and Tenerife, floating, with diving mask, snorkel and fins. Although I'm not alone in the water and there's a zodiac somewhere nearby, I feel small, insig...

The day of my twenty first birthday had finally arrived. I declined all suggestions of a major party thrown for me by my family and friends as I had my own plans to celebrate this milestone of life.It was something that I had been dreaming about since I w...

Anonymous

When I was five, I lived in New York. I didn't know, nor care if I was popular or not. I was just there, and played my own way. I later grew to learn which side belonged to me. As I look back, it seemed to me that I was the most forgotten and least likabl...

forgiven

forgiven

On my way to you, I think of all the things I should be doing today. Forgive me, you are never a bother. I walk in and see you so still. I climb in beside you and hold your hand. When you finally wake up and smile, we hug so tight. Time stands still. We e...

A Decision That Nearly Cost Me My First Entrepreneurship Effort

It has been my dream since college days to own a company.

It has been my dream since college days to own a company. Back then, I wasn't ambitious (or greedy if you can call that), I just wished for a small company with a couple of employees. That’s it. I do not want my company to be listed in fortune 500 compani...

Empty meaningful thoughts

empty thoughts and a full mind

What is left in this life? I have three beautiful girls. Only one of which speaks to me daily. I have been married twice once common law and once legally. I have worked most of my life except for a few years here and there. I have nothing really to show f...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The only reason I am writing this is because I couldn't seem to find anything on the pages of Storiesspace concerning Memorial Day. Perhaps that is because it is just today, May 26th, and any remembrances have not yet been verified by our hardworking mode...

The Dogs of Iraq

Memory of Operation Iraqi Freedom - March 2003

I remember the barking and howling of the dogs. Not the average, neighborhood dog that barks at the mailman and has somehow gotten off of its chain, but wild, feral dogs. Never seen, only heard. Dark town and villages with no lights on anywhere; clouds in...

Fishing Assunpink Lake

Memories of a fishing trip with my Grandfather.

Fishing the Assunpink One of my favorite times of the year when I was younger was, no surprise, summer. School was out: I didn’t have to worry about homework, grades, or any projects for at least two glorious months. Since both of my parents worked, my pa...

When I was a senior in high school I dated my very first long term girlfriend. I was 17 years old at the time and she was 15 years old. We actually met a few weeks before school began. I don't want to say her name so I will refer to her as MC. MC was cute...

Dirt track!!

The kings with wings....

It was just after midday and we were looking, searching for something to do.The idea we came up with was going to speedway As our favourites cars are on... The kings with wings, V8 Sprint cars. We get ourselves readymaking sure we had everything,before he...

Our Cabin!

The sky was a burst of beautiful colours

I arrived late in the afternoon. Placing my bag in our room, I walked out onto the veranda. The sky was a burst of beautiful colours - oranges, pinks and purples. Oh, what a beautiful sight. The redwood table outside was set for two with candles flickerin...