Find your next favourite story now
Login

Humor Stories

Stories in this genre involve humorous observations on life, slapstick comedy, satire and funny people thrown into everyday situations.

Plots either focus on the ridiculous or include comedic injections throughout the story.

If you think laughter is the best medicine, submit your funny stories here or take a look at one of the submissions below for a good dose of humor.

Dream Job (Everyman's fantasy)

A leading expert in his field lands the job of a lifetime...or does he?

This story contains mature themes* * *The California Board of Education meeting once again ran late into the night. The stale air became stifling in the August evening, as the air conditioning units had been shut down over an hour ago. Tempers started to...

Anonymous

Snow White: The demonic truth...

I did this because I was bored... Discretion is advised, lol.

Once upon a time, there was a princess named Snow White. She was the sweetest, most innocent girl in the the whole realm and was considered the fairest of them all. She lived in the castle with her stepmother, the queen. One day, Snow went to see her step...

When Getting Out Of Bed Is A Bad Idea

Sometimes the best thing to do in the mornings...is stay in bed!

I'm not a superstitious person. Really, I'm not. But I don't like black cats. They're bad luck. And walking under ladders is an absolute no-no! But, as I said, I'm not superstitious. Yes, I know what you're thinking. Silly woman thinks there's a differenc...

The Lightning Thunder Theory of Light Dark Matter

In a realm of religion, 2 great Gods sit down speak their minds of the universe.

The Lightning & Thunder Theory of Light & Dark Matter Zeus, Greek God of Lightning, & Thor, Norse God of Thunder, meet in the Heavens for Earths greatest herbs & for the discussion of what helps us see & what holds the world up..Light & Dark Matter! "Like...

High School Hijinks

The prankster strikes again. This time he is in High School.

We all remember high school. It was filled with fond memories of friends, first loves, teachers, bullies, jocks, cheerleaders, snobs, nerds, geeks, socialites and the rest of the students. There was one group who stood out from all the rest. This group or...

Fifty Shades Of Gaye

An Acme Home and Leisure Publication: by David Gaye

This is ridiculous, now the boss has every girl in the department hard at it. He's getting desperate and I can scarcely believe what he's paying them all to do... trawling the Internet in search of a talented erotica author and reading embarrassing storie...

The Inferno Of Madness

This satirical story is about a woman activist who challenges political decay and cultural prejudice

It looks like some mean people have resolved at all costs to take us back to the Dark Ages. I am sick to the bone about it all. The moment l meet other nationalities and we chit-chat about it, l feel lost, let down and naked. It weighs on my pride, person...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

El Pequeño Cocodrilo Peludo (The Little Furry Crocodile)

A children’s story and relevant exercises to help teach basic math and social skills.

This unit emphasizes intuitive reasoning with fractions and proportions. It also illustrates how to perform mental computations by simplifying problems. Lastly, it explores the notions of compassion and empathy. All the characters in the story are dogs. I...

Of Hogs and Men

What’s a rib-busting bar fight compared to a run in with a wild boar hog in a briar patch?

Youth was not being served, at least not on the chessboard. It took a call from the hospital to halt the onslaught by the forces of Dr. Robert Miles against those of his grandson. There’d been a bar fight. The loser was waiting in the emergency room. Havi...

Necrotizing fasciitis and Me

A fearful man decides he needs another new psychiatrist.

I was hoping that my new psychiatrist could help me conquer my fear of going outdoors. I had just finished explaining my situation to him.“It really is true,” Dr. Merlin said. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!" “Maybe if your only problem is...

“Hey, turn that overhead light back on, can't you see I'm trying to read here? “Oh, don't be a silly goose, there's a table lamp right next to you there that should give you plenty of light, John.” “Yea, maybe if I was a coal miner it would, but I'm tryin...

Beezie, Angie, Swan Lake, and Me!

A lawyer who wants to dance ballet negotiates for his soul with Satan and an Angel.

“I’ll rip off one of those dumb horns and shove it up your nose you stupid, red jerk!” Angie shouted. The angel told me that I could call her Angie.“Go ahead! Try it, you disgusting, pathetic pure white virginal pompous prude!” Beezie retorted. “You’ll be...

Leaving the Darkness: Veronica’s Birthday Gift

A hot martial artist and method acting help a disgusting boor to self-actualize.

It’s hard to get an alert, physically fit, conscious wife into a coffin without her knowing it. Blindfolding her helps, but if it’s dark because all the lights are off it’s still a difficult task. I had just put Veronica into the coffin after bumping her...