Find your next favourite story now
Login

Humor Stories

Stories in this genre involve humorous observations on life, slapstick comedy, satire and funny people thrown into everyday situations.

Plots either focus on the ridiculous or include comedic injections throughout the story.

If you think laughter is the best medicine, submit your funny stories here or take a look at one of the submissions below for a good dose of humor.

The Calamity Express.

Leave the driving to us Greyhound announces in their commercials

"Leave the driving to us" Greyhound announces in their commercials. I'm most obliged to leave the driving to them, hoping my trip from point A to point B is a safe and relaxing experience. However, when Murphy’s Law boards the bus with you, what can go wr...

The day Mother vowed Granny must die....

An Easter present has consequences

This is a true story. This all takes place in a small rural town in Indiana in 1950. I was about three and half years old at the time. But first, I must give you some background to explain why my mother said what she did. My mom and dad had just moved int...

Halloween Humor

A True Story

This is a true story. The year was 1996 and I decide it was time to retire the Dracula costume and makeup that I had worn for so many years. Why the change? It seems whenever the topic of an upcoming Halloween party arose in conversation no one bothered t...

Exotic Woods for Carpenters

Have you ever wondered why the Eucalyptus tree is so plentiful in California?

The Eucalyptus trees in California. Living in Northern California is a nice thing most of the time. It seems to be a very different state when compared to Southern California and the Sacramento area. People here live a laid-back life and are more liberal....

Splash!

On the golf course you can’t always iron out your differences.

Dreamcatcher, Larry, wrote a story last month ‘I’m Arnold Palmer’ which reminded me of a joke; Jesus and Moses were playing golf one day. They approached a par three hole where the green was located on an island in a large pond. The green was accessed by...

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover

The opening paragraph and portions of this story may offend some readers.

So there I lay, my arms splayed out with one wrist tied to each bedpost, my ankles tied to the lower ones and a pillow wedged up under my hips. Because of the blindfold and headphones, I had no idea what she was up to. Perhaps I should back up a bit. Laur...

What's Good for the Grifter

When small-time crook Marcus Diamond runs into an old classmate, he may just be in over his head.

My name is Marcus Diamond. Some people ask if that's my real name, and I just tell them sure it is, if I want it to be. See, there are two kinds of people in the world - those with, and those without. I was born without. But you just watch. I'm going to b...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

You’re Not Bipolar If You’re Never Up!

Reptiles, garden hoses, blonds and tee-hees are the focus of a therapy session.

“Three tee-hees do not constitute a manic episode! You are not bipolar,” Dr. Childers repeated. “You are depressed.” He seemed a bit irritated.“But they were three consecutive tee-hees!” I protested. “Not three tee-hees interspersed throughout the day lik...

My Date with Char

This is a true story

Anyone who knows me is aware that I have a passion for ladies that wear all black. Spandex, leather, silk or satin. Basically any material in the color of the night will enslave me. I had been dating Char for just under a month before she heard about this...

Jackson Goes for a Run, Realizes Why He Hates Birds

A man finds he's the pig in a real life game of Angry Birds.

It was the first legitimate spring day of the season. The air finally warmed, the sun was out and there was not a cloud in the sky. I decided that rather than go to the gym and pretend to be a hamster on the tedious treadmill; I would call my friend James...

Jackson Goes to Starbucks, Realizes Why People Hate Lawyers

The author, a lawyer, learns from Starbucks why people hate his kind.

Coma patients should receive transfusions of my blood. Enough caffeine is coursing through my veins at any given moment that my blood could probably literally wake the dead. My addiction to coffee is so bad that I wake up in the mornings feeling hung over...