Find your next favourite story now
Login

Humor Stories

Stories in this genre involve humorous observations on life, slapstick comedy, satire and funny people thrown into everyday situations.

Plots either focus on the ridiculous or include comedic injections throughout the story.

If you think laughter is the best medicine, submit your funny stories here or take a look at one of the submissions below for a good dose of humor.

“Nicole, is this yours?” Tara asked the next morning when she walked in holding a letter. “It has your name on it. Who is it from?” she asked as I took it. Dear Nicole, It’s hard to explain how you got these letters since I don’t have your address but the...

Agent 727 where are you?

A 007/Get Smart spoof with a side order of hamburger.

WC: 2812 This is a spoof on every type of nutty 'agent' show you can think of. If you are offended by 'fat' jokes you will be offended by this story as well. Agent 727 Where are you? By MF Burbaugh “Agent 727, come in please. I know you can hear me damn i...

The Ombudsant

An ant queen has been kidnapped, and the butler didn’t do it.

The unsung hero of every ant colony is the butler. A butler in an ant colony? What does she do, you may ask, serve drinks? No, or at least that’s not what I do. Not that it stops wisecracking ants from yelling, “Hey, butler, fetch us a drink!” They think...

The Christmas Visit

A man’s future self visits him on Christmas Eve and gives him a precious gift.

“You cannot be me from the future!” I shouted. “That is just not possible! Besides… you’re old and ugly!” “Deal with it!” the old man replied. “I am future you! And I can prove it.” “How?” “By telling you things that only you could know,” he said. I took...

Are you Elfing Nuts?

Striking Elves?

“Are you elfing nuts? You can’t go on strike!” hollered Santa. Yes, there were times when the ‘Big Guy’ bellowed, or even screamed. Like the time Blitzen accidently stepped on his big toe – the one with the bulging bunion, or when Mrs. Claus accidently sp...

Fastest gun in the west.

No one beats my 44's to the draw.

Fastest gun in the west MF Burbuaugh short story My name is Brentwater, William Brentwater. I have spent most of my life defending myself because of my size. Most people think because I am small I am some pansy. Far to many just called me Wee Willy behind...

Ben waited all night to hear back from Amber. When he didn't hear from her that night, he knew he should have texted himself from her phone to make sure he would have her number. He had the day off and tried to keep himself busy so that he wouldn't have t...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Amber Khory sat at table where Kale escorted her, while her friend Jess and her boyfriend James danced. She didn't want to go out, but Jess wouldn't take no for an answer and dragged her along. Now her ass killed her and she was slightly drunk. She wasn't...

Sir Harold the Earless Wonder

A rabbit with small ears and big brains saves the day.

Harold the rabbit had exceptionally small ears. They were so small, in fact, you could barely see them. All the other rabbits made fun of Harold. It didn’t matter to them that Harold could hop and nibble like the best of them. Or that he was smart. They s...

Driver Approved

Wife loves running over buildings

It's amazing how you go through life every day not really putting any thought into your day, just doing one thing right after the other. I had been married three months prior. I decided one day that my girlfriend and I should keep my husband's car every o...

What is it

Yes, I would have it no other way

I think I have came upon the answer that not only historians, but the women of the world have asked since the beginning of time. From the second that parents find out they are going to have a daughter, it immediately starts. She has such a wonderful futur...

Cannibal Buffet

It's dinnertime for the Unger's at their favorite restaurant, the Home Body Buffet

By DiVitto Kelly “I’m famished," proclaimed Bob Unger, eager to chow down with his wife and two children as they patiently waited to be seated at the restaurant. “Well, you’ve come to the right place,” replied the spunky brunette hostess, overhearing the...