Find your next favourite story now
Login

Humor Stories

Stories in this genre involve humorous observations on life, slapstick comedy, satire and funny people thrown into everyday situations.

Plots either focus on the ridiculous or include comedic injections throughout the story.

If you think laughter is the best medicine, submit your funny stories here or take a look at one of the submissions below for a good dose of humor.

SANTAPEDIA: Anti-Child Attitudes at the North Pole in the 1950’s

A union’s proposal jeopardizes child safety.

Overview Credible Christmas historians have long known that the North Pole was not always a child-friendly place. This was evident in the early 1950’s, when resentment over impossible Christmas Eve toy delivery schedules was intense. On February 11, 1952,...

Yard

Thwarted ambition. What does one say?

My third foot didn’t grow very well. Compared with my other two it was very small. It wasn’t useful at all. I could see what was meant to be a foot and it was badly deformed. I knew I had to do something about it if I was to become a yard. Maybe people ar...

Tonsillitis

Hope it's not contageous.

Copyright: oomph 2011I say clothes are an unnecessary inconvenience. But my Mum says they’re necessary and not an inconvenience. She makes me wear them. She always makes me wear them. And because I’ve always had to, I’ve tried to make it easier. It’s been...

(Mis)Adventures in Plumbing

A husband's misguided journey into the world of do-it-yourself plumbing projects.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, I walked down the stairs into the living room where my lovely wife had assumed her normal position. “On Monday, remind me to call the home warranty people. My bathroom sink’s cold water lever doesn’t work any longer,” I re...

Simply Looks Like Fun

Something makes the beach party go with a swing.

Simply Looks Like Fun  “Darling, what a clever idea. We’ll see you tomorrow. Must dash or my lasagne will be beyond crisp and you know what your father’s like about his food. See you tomorrow. Kisses to the boys.” I replace the phone and take a deep breat...

Cat's Got A Tongue

A husband does battle with his wife's cat for head of the household.

Before the church would marry us, it required that we attend a “marriage compatibility” class. I began my unsuccessful attempt to promote elopement as the best way to achieve our mutual goal upon learning this. My soon-to-be wife was quite insistent, howe...

Penny

A young man contemplates joining the ranks of fatherhood.

No babies. Ever. It is a strictly enforced, no exception policy I have put into place. Everyone I know told me that it was a foolish policy to implement. One day, they insisted, I would change my mind and have at least one child. Parents, grandparents, fr...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Blarney Boys

Is it 'flowers dyin'' or 'leaves fallin''? You'll have to read the story to find out.

The Blarney Boys by AutumnWriter Copyright © by 2007, 2008, 2011 There was a time that seems to us so far away—but it's not so distant when we measure the span of years. It was the waning of an era in which people cared more for preserving traditions than...

S.U.P.E.R.

14-year-old Alexandra Earhart wakes to find a ninja assassin in her bedroom.

Chapter One: Ninjas and Knives Most teenage girls would scream if they woke up to find a ninja assassin in their bedroom. Alexandra just grinned. Finally, someone thought she was important enough to kill. Judging by the ninja’s heavy tread, he had more mu...

Unread and Dead

Where stories go to die..

“Owwww!!! What was that?” I yelled. “That was a reader,” someone close to me said. I looked around at the clusters of loose paper scattered all around the room. The floor was completely covered and in some places stacked with the typical 8.5” x 11” printe...

The Apartment

A humorous tale..

The Apartment The Magnolia Arms was a dilapidated structure of six apartment units sitting on the corner of Venus and Envy Streets. Today it’s one of those dead end streets where every morning you step over beer cans, Smirnoff bottles and rubbers. Someone...

The Accidental Detective part 4

Lucy's in the kitchen with pancakes

Sherry Baker-Smythe had come into my life when I was ten. I was universally hated and bullied at school because my father was a constable. He had arrested most of the fellow pupils' fathers, mothers brothers, uncles (you get the gist).Crime was rampant on...