Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

The Hinge (Rhymes With Thing)

Fun With English, Opus 2

Some words that we believe exist, really don't. Our family dinner that Sunday held a certain amount of importance. It would be the first time in ages that we'd all be together at a time besides a major holiday — and the first time my two older sisters would meet my boyfriend, who by then was already an unofficial fiancé. Their opinion wasn't a deal breaker by any means, but I hoped they would like him as much as my parent...

I Married a Soap Opera

One never knows what to expect when marying into another family. It can be fun.

I have been married for 42 years. I discovered after getting married that you never really know your in-laws until then. My wife and I went to school together, grammar school and high school. I got pulled from the normal junior high school and put in an accelerated program for gifted students. Little did they know what gifted was. We met when I was sent to high school in a gifted program there too. Through high school I d...