Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

Eve

One week in all-inclusive hotel, another detained at a psychiatric ward.

Irie : by Jon ClaytonMy memoir is about a two-week solo vacation I had in Jamaica where I spent one week at an upscale all-inclusive resort and the other detained at a 3rd-world condition psychiatric ward against my will. During the two weeks, I lived in...

I Have Had Enough

An open letter to the people who will never understand me

I had come to the conclusion that when you tell a soul something, that soul will never cease itself from telling another soul what you have just told that one particular, except the information that was passed, varies. To prove my point, we don’t have a c...

The Crash

From my non-fiction novel, 'Born on Purpose by Mistake,' comes the first chapter of a disturbing tra

EARLY SUMMER, 2013 This was simply too awesome to really comprehend. I just couldn't believe that it was finally me instead of someone else as it usually was. It had always been stories of good fortune happening to everyone else. The kind you see on TV, v...

I didn't always land a principal role, I've been in plays where I have had less than ten lines, and sometimes I didn't get a part at all. It doesn't matter, theater is theater. I've been a stage manager, assisted with props and worked the spotlight.After...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

You gave your heart to me You trust me with your pride You always want me To stand at your side The emotions you give me I never knew I had You make me smile Even when I am sad I think of you always  Your in my heart and mind You make my days You put warm...

The telephone ringsI see it's himMy hands are not shakingMy nerves are like steelHe starts right off Like he always doesBefore I say helloThe same put downsThe same old stuffI listen and then smileUntil he winds downThen ask him, pleaseTo hear me outNo mo...

September 11th, 2001

In honor of our friends in Paris, France. We feel your pain, and stand with you.

If I let myself, I can remember everything about that morning. It's a very painful thing to look back on, but every year on the anniversary of this day, we will always be reminded of the brutal attack that killed so many unsuspecting Americans. It was a T...

It's Too Late to Say I'm Sorry

A short piece I wrote about my struggles with anorexia. Contains a line from the song Homewrecker.

It was all my fault, really. I did this to myself, I let people control me. I listened to the hungry barks of men and the curling breaths of the hounds around me and let the big bad wolf get to me. At least I learned my lesson, at least I know now that I'...