Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

Anonymous

Fog had seeped into the empty space just beyond the tree line of the forest, submerging the small house. A thick cloak that even the most skilled of hunters could barely see through. William wasn’t concerned, summer was fading to fall and fog was likely to start appearing more often. He made sure his father took another dose of medicine. These were leaves stir fried so the medicine contained within the plant was released....

Grazers

Chapters One through Four

ChapterOne: LoAnn Aroo and Her Son A young married couple live in a sod and clay house on the plains. The house is mostly underground. Wide stairs lead down to a wooden pocket door that is inset with thick colored glass panels. The roof is steep and covered with clay tiles that match the color of the surrounding earth. Small round windows peep out from under the roof, at ground level. A thin thread of smoke still spins ou...

To Catch a Merchant Princess Ch. 06

Alicia confronts her father and sets forth to make her own way in the world at Thakkor's side.

Reader discretion advised. The story you are about to read contains mature content that some may find offensive. By choosing to read this piece, you agree that you are 18 or older and do not object to content of a sexual nature.Alicia rode at Thakkor’s side down the hill, once more traveling on the well maintained roads of Freeland. After four days of easy riding, she and Thakkor were within a day’s ride of the city. As o...

To Catch a Merchant Princess Ch. 05

After coming to the aid of fellow travelers, Thakkor and Alicia give in to their emotions.

Reader discretion advised. The story you are about to read contains mature content that some may find offensive. By choosing to read this piece, you agree that you are 18 or older and do not object to content of a sexual nature.  Alicia awakened to the sound of birds singing and the scent of flowers on the wind. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled as she beheld Thakkor asleep in the bed next to her. Her cheeks warmed a...

To Catch a Merchant Princess Ch. 04

An attack in the night interrupts her budding relationship, and puts her on the run once more.

Reader discretion advised. The story you are about to read contains mature content that some may find offensive. By choosing to read this piece, you agree that you are 18 or older and do not object to content of a sexual nature.   Alicia sat cross-legged beneath a cherry tree in the garden, blissfully savoring a few of the ripe fruits, plucked directly from the tree. As with the day before, her parents were simply too stu...

To Catch a Merchant Princess Ch. 03

Finally returned home after her ordeal, she feels as if she's traded one captivity for another.

Reader discretion advised. The story you are about to read contains mature content that some may find offensive. By choosing to read this piece, you agree that you are 18 or older and do not object to content of a sexual nature. "Welcome home," Fantil declared as the wagon crested a hill, revealing the sprawling city of Freeland. The bright noonday sun sparkled on the Groen Sea and the river Lionsfare, framing the city in...

To Catch a Merchant Princess Ch. 02

Having escaped captivity, Alicia welcomes the aid of a kind stranger.

Reader discretion advised. The story you are about to read contains mature content that some may find offensive. By choosing to read this piece, you agree that you are 18 or older and do not object to content of a sexual nature. Alicia awakened with the sun, as she had the day before. This time, however, she felt rested. While the dirt floor was a far cry from her feather-stuffed mattress, it was a great improvement over...

To Catch a Merchant Princess Ch. 01

Rich beauty captured and held for ransom proves she's not a wilting flower who will accept her fate.

Reader discretion advised. The story you are about to read contains mature content that some may find offensive. By choosing to read this piece, you agree that you are 18 or older and do not object to content of a sexual nature. Alicia fought to keep her eyes open, and thought that she was certainly going to lose the battle this time. Oblivious to her waning attention, Alfred continued to drone on about his exciting – at...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Goodgulf the Wizard, Ogres and Amazons Part IV

How Goodgulf gets the crown and then escapes.

After I was done showing Nell how important she was to me we lay on the floor holding each other. We had been left alone in the building for several hours and we were both getting a bit hungry. "I wonder how long your mother plans on leaving us alone? These chains holding us to the floor could make using the latrine a bit difficult." "Knowing my mother she probably will wait until she is sure we will be covered in our own...

Anonymous

It was official. This was the worst day of her whole life. The humiliation she felt flaunting around in a slightly revealing dress to a man she had never met before. The man was more interested in the cupcakes than her. She irritatedly growled and excused herself from the banquet, before she had to see him gorging on another one. “My father expects me to entertain that!” she shouted, once safely inside her room. Helen rus...

Anonymous

Cursed (part 3)

William, Age 22

The cold harsh clang of metal hitting metal echoed rhythmically throughout the kingdom. The roaring open flames sent blistering heat into the shop on a bright mid-summer day. William wiped away his sweat with a towel and continued to hammer a heated blade into a sharp edge. He doused it in a bucket of water, steam rose up in reaction to the heated sword hitting the water. The heated vapors seared his hands, and he pulled...

I turned very slowly and kept my hands in sight. A very deep female voice rumbled, "Don't move a muscle. What puny male is it that invades the Amazon Domain?" "I am Goodgulf, son of Greatgulf, son of Grandgulf, son of Greatgrandgulf, son of Chuck." I had never said that out loud until that moment and it suddenly struck me that my family hadn't used much imagination when it came to naming people. "And this is my companion...

Anonymous

Cursed (part 2)

Eris, 15 years later

“My dear, come away from the window. A cloudless night like this will cast an illness upon you before you know it,” the maid instructed ushering the girl away from it and towards a fire. She rolled her eyes and took one last glance at the moon as the old lady shut the curtains. “I am fine, Helen. There was no need to worry, I just wanted to look at the full moon,” Eris replied hastily. She curled up in front of the fire w...

Goodgulf the Wizard, Ogres and Amazons Part II

Goodgulf finds out more of what he needs to do.

The next morning I woke before Nell. I then used a bit of wizardry to move the farmer's outhouse to the new pit. No use in contaminating the well after I had purified it last night but then I recast the purification spell because I had a sneaking suspicion that the farmer or one of his family members may have used it last night.When I got back to the barn Nell was awake, getting dressed and repacking her blankets in her p...

Anonymous

Cursed

William, age 7

He crept into the room quietly. Curiosity caught the better of him and he wanted to see the little princess that the castle was raving about. The room was dark and the crib stood alone in the moonlight. He heard rumors about her beauty, the charm in her eyes and the golden color of her hair. Even luck was on her side for as of yet, the mark of the cursed wasn’t on her. He tiptoed up to the crib and peered over the edge. S...