Find your next favourite story now
Login

Supernatural Stories

Supernatural stories include themes such as vampires, werewolves, witches, myths, paranormal activity and ghosts.

Spine-tingling, chilling tales can revolve entirely around mythical characters or depict non-human creatures interacting with mortals in everyday life.

Vampire Murders Part 12

The detective team gains a new member and the victims are identified.

Slade drove to his office and entered the basement of the building looking for the Coroner's office. As he walked, he mentally questioned, why do they place them in the darkest place of the building. It was so tough to bring next of kin or other people down here. He turned a corner and the light was so bright, he squinted until his eyes adjusted. He arrived at the offices and walked in where the intern sat at her desk. Sh...

As requested Texas Jack and his shotgun collected Miss Holly and her brace of luggage around Noon and then drove non-stop until they reached the Wells Fargo station. They hitched a team of fresh horses and then continued on until they reached their destination around 10:00 PM. They offered to carry the luggage into the house but she said the porch would be fine. She then thanked them and watched them depart. She felt the...

One minute she was alone with her thoughts and the next Carpenter was standing in the room not two feet away from her and her feelings at the sight of him were a mix of attraction and revulsion . "Have you done as I asked?" he questioned. She opened the carpet bag that was full of money and he smiled. "You have done well." "Thank you." "Have you considered my offer?" "I have." "I will need an answer and soon." "If I say n...

The most vivid memory I can recall from all of my years as a truck driver was one lonely December morning, all alone on the outback – well, that's what I called it anyhow – with the wind whistling through the trees and the snow all falling around me, chains on the tires, windshield frosted over: and then her, popping out of the fog like she was an angel, lips streaked with violet, golden hair whipping around her face, and...

When Holly Linkhorn, a dance hall girl at the Cactus Flower saloon failed to show up at her job for two days the saloon owner went to the sheriff and filed a report. "Holly maybe loud, brash and stubborn but her skill at drawing and firing a pistol was pretty well known among the saloon staff, so her not showing up for two days has me concerned," the owner said.The sheriff made notes as they talked and promised to make so...

The Cactus Flower saloon and hotel was the last establishment you encountered when you exited town heading West and the first one you saw when you entered the town headed East. It attracted a rougher bunch of customers than the Silver Fox did, usually stagecoach drivers and their shotguns. So when the man called Carpenter walked in no one gave him a second look. "What can I do ya for stranger?," The bartender asked when C...

It took Angry Horse almost two days and nights to recover from his ordeal, even with the concoction Red Owl had brewed to assist with his healing. On the Morning of the third day he felt strong enough to rise and walk and he immediately headed to Chief Puma's tent. "It is good to see you up," the Chief intoned as he motioned for his brave to sit. "It is good to be up." Angry Horse then told his Chief his tale of how the t...

Angry Horse waited until the celebration that always followed a successful hunt ended before he crept out of the village. The lookouts would see him leave but that was not a concern. These young men had not yet passed the rites of manhood so they dared not question him. He rode to the top of ridge above the burial grounds and tied up his horse. Soundlessly he moved down the ridge as close to the ancient grounds as he dare...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

In the Cemetery, Part 10

The Prom and afterwards.

When Lorelei got home she told her Mom that she had been asked to the prom and that she accepted. Her Mom was very surprised as her daughter had made it clear that she was going alone. 'This young man must be very special person,' her Mother thought to herself. That night as Lorelei had a dream and she knew she was dreaming because she found herself in the cemetery. She walked toward the cottage when the lady she had seen...

Vampire Murders Part 11

Connie attacked and vampire murderers found.

When Leona gasped, Slade stood up, spun towards the door as the lone dark figure ran out. Rather than chase the person, he opted to stay with the women and assist the wounded officer. Leona pushed the emergency button, nurses came running to the room and security arrived shortly behind them. As the door flew open, Slade stood up pointing at the wounded officer. The nurses moved as if they were a swarm of bees and hovered...

The Strange White man Part 3

The search for the gold

He rode into town that evening astride a magnificent black stallion and tied him up in front of the Silver Fox saloon and entered. He headed straight to the bar and the bartender remembered this man in black and walked up with a smile to greet him. "Evening, Mister Carpenter." "Good Evening, Sam.""What can I do you for?" "Whiskey and a cigar, and have one for yourself." The liquor was poured and consumed, then the cigars...

The Strange White man Part 2

Chief Puma tells Red Owl about the visit

A new day dawned and the village came to life. Everyone had a task to perform and they fell to it. The scouts returned and informed the Chief that the buffalo herd was heading this way, and that was good news indeed. Then after a meagre breakfast the Chief went in search of his friend Red Owl, he was found in his tepee. The Chief sat and faced his friend and spoke to him in low tones. "What now passes between us must not...

The Strange White man

He was living too close to their burial ground and must be dealt with.

The counsel was meeting in the grand lodge. Some of the younger members of the tribe attempted to find a gap in the rawhide covering the lodge to poke their heads under to watch and listen. Others were content in pressing their ears against the thin walls. Among the topics being discussed were the upcoming Buffalo hunt and the strange white man that now lives in the old ranch house that bordered their ancient burial groun...

Finally Spring had arrived and the earth renewed itself with budding trees, flowers and warmth. Vince turned eighteen in March and celebrated by buying himself a car and taking and passing his drivers test in it. His injuries had all healed very well. With the exception of a small scar over his left eye there was no outward suggestion of the terrible beating he had suffered. He finally told his parents about the old gold...

Vince remained hospitalized for one month before he was released. The police interviewed him about the attack a week later when the Doctor believed that he was strong enough to answer questions. The detective appeared as concerned as much as his profession allowed "So, were you alone that night?" "Yes." "The emergency center got a call saying a man was being beaten in the cemetery, and the caller sounded female.""Maybe on...