Find your next favourite story now
Login

Science Fiction Stories

Science fiction stories depict imaginative, futuristic worlds populated by humans and non-human characters such as robots, aliens and mutant creatures.

The sci-fi genre often involves space travel and distant planets, with the only limit being the author's imagination.

If you love the sci-fi genre, submit your stories here or click on one of the links below to immerse yourself in another world.

Anonymous

It was the beginning of the end, and days passed by like a blur. I hardly remembered what happened during the day, but every detail of each night for the past two weeks etched my mind. Strict enforcement of the curfew caused a problem with us meeting in the clearing the first few nights. After Dr. Hyde tracked their movements, we figured out how to get around them. It was like clockwork now, and everything fell into place...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 14

Demi gains access to Ari's files to get a better understanding of what he inherited

Chapter 14 Galaxies In Love I dream of Ari. Usually in these dreams I am Ari, and it feels very natural. I’m almost a thousand years old by human measure, but I look not more than forty. I have long blond hair and blue eyes. These are the traits inherent specifically for a special kind of humans Leot breeds – an Estelian strain. My father was an Estelian, but my mother is of Karistal strain – less expensive, but still ver...

Was there no way to kill Alex so that he would just stay dead?Jason leveled his blaster and shot again, hitting Alex in the center of the chest. Alex hit the lush green grass of the park with a dull thud, and lay there unmoving. Jason waited, his arm extended straight out in front of him, his blaster unwavering.Around him, people scattered in all directions, screaming.Jason knew they would call the authorities, but he did...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 13

Demi and his friends ride out in an attempt to find the crashed spaceship

Chapter 13 Secrets I Did Not Know About The next morning we ride out – me on my faithful Sarji, Iris on his Chirita, a playful black mare with a white spot on her forehead and Henessada on a grey horse of an unknown name. Not to mention Immaul, who quickly got in touch with our prophet, and hangs over her, communicating constantly. Somehow they have a lot to talk about and they are very secretive. We must hurry to Tustrid...

Final Goodbye

Saying goodbye to a friend.

Final Goodbye Andy, the junior engineer of the galactic mining ship Gantry, stepped into the engine room and sensed there was something wrong, but he couldn’t place what it was. He shrugged and continued into the bowels of the mining ship to find his boss, Kerrick. Andy gave a huge yawn. He couldn’t understand why he felt so tired. He'd had two hours sleep and should feel revived and wide-awake. Maybe he’d caught a sickne...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 12

Demi is 31 years old. Two years prior he married a man named Iris Leo. Events follow.

FRIENDS, BEAR WITH ME. I HAVE TO JUMP 15 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE as the rest of the book takes place from the time Domiarn is 31 to the time he is 39. It should be self-explanatory, but if you have questions, you can PM me! Chapter 12 The Premonition The most extraordinary thing about love is that you do not question your feelings for someone until others start doing that. Kallitris and I are coming back from a walk, or rat...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 11

Demi gets trapped only to find out he has more friends than he knew about

Chapter 11 Amethyst Wings Granted, I can’t say no to anyone asking for help because of my programming, but also because I’m such a narcisstic personality, always seeking attention. We get in trouble because we give in to a weakness, only to blame others. Well, I’m not going to blame anyone, whatever happens. Luan is reserved, discreet, almost mysterious. “I’ve lost a silver ring with a precious stone that your father gave...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 10 - Mystic Encounter

Demi comes back home to those who love him, and those who hate

Chapter 10 Mystic Encounter That night I have a dream of a dark-skinned creature walking out of the woods. The creature is at least three times the size of a human, and has wings, hanging on both sides of his body. The wings are huge, so they must be heavy, but they do not look it, maybe because they are transparent, as if made of light-purple glass. It comes closer and I discern a more or less human-looking face with the...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 9

In this chapter Demi finds Aret and his lover, and warns them that they are not out of danger yet

Chapter 9 Love Is Not To Be Judged It is not a woman, but a man of about forty years old. Very handsome, in a long dark cloak. His eyes are full of love, as he kisses Aret on the lips. Dara’s son ran away with a guy! “Are you wounded?” Ner kneels by me, his hands touching the arrow in my stomach. He must’ve walked out of the forest when I was spaced out in a vision. “We got ambushed by the robbers. I lost both of my men,...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 8

In this chapter Demi goes through a trial and learns the true identity of Aret's lover.

Chapter 8 Into The Storm I see him standing on a meadow of fragrant flowers and wild garlic. One of those clandestine places in the forest, where if a deer would pass by, stepping on garlic leaves, the pungent smell would linger in the air for a long time, and mix with sunlight, coming through the branches of trees… Aret indeed is not alone, but I can’t see who he’s with. I hear the whisper behind my back. We’re riding fu...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 7

In this chapter Demi dreams to be his ancestor Ari, and experiences a rude awakening.

Chapter 7 The Brown Cloak “You what?!” Thunders Mevild. “It just took really long, so he just came in… I sent him to get a book back from another teacher…” Mumbles Dot, who just can’t lie. I don’t even know which lie can possibly save us now? “Yes, it’s true… But father, I got lost on the way and… I met this beautiful girl. So I spent time with her. She was so sweet and lovely…” Both Mevild and Dot open their mouths and l...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 6

In this chapter Demi saves the most precious and gets caught by his father...

Chapter 6 To Save The Future I forgot. It’s Sunday, and we have to go to church. I hate it there. That’s why Mevild drags me to the carriage, already by the door. He is afraid I’m going to put up a fight. The servants say it’s because I’m a devil. Ignorance is bliss, indeed. The organ in the church emits low-frequency sounds that no one else can hear. Apparently, I’m the only one. It hits me like a ton of bricks every tim...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 5

In this chapter Demi finds a diary of someone who knew the story of the alien ancestor...

Chapter 5 Arileot 14 (DG 5) The sunset is bright, and the rays of light shine on Dotristiar’s face. He is so cute. Permanently scared, but handsome in his vulnerability. I think I can use him to watch out for snooping Letaluan, while I search for mom’s stuff in the basement. “No… Please no…” He begs me, as I drag him downstairs. “Not another affair we’re going to get punished for!” “Do not be afraid!” I whisper in his ear...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 4

In this chapter Domiarn finds a figurine of a woman that looks just like his mother...

Chapter 4 The Lady in Tellurium (DG 4) A figurine of a woman with long hair attracts my attention. It is made of wax, soft to the touch. It caught a lot of dirt and dust making it look dull and grey. The woman holds something in her hands, but I do not know what it is. “Domiarn, let’s go. It is getting to be impolite!” Dot nudges me towards the door, rain or not. He is very shy like that. “Wait”. The figurine transmits a...

Gidealis Enigma. Chapter 3

In this chapter a certain secret leaks through, but only to the most trusted person...

Gidealis Enigma. Chapter 3 Dotristiar The shock of his death makes me numb to the world for a long time. Valdarin truly was the only friend I had. My father does not care much for the poor teacher. He orders to bury him on the outskirts of an old cemetery. I cry for my loss, and I cry, because the vision of his forgotten, nameless grave follows me in my restless dreams. I cry until I can’t cry anymore. Then one night full...