Find your next favourite story now
Login

Humor Stories

Stories in this genre involve humorous observations on life, slapstick comedy, satire and funny people thrown into everyday situations.

Plots either focus on the ridiculous or include comedic injections throughout the story.

If you think laughter is the best medicine, submit your funny stories here or take a look at one of the submissions below for a good dose of humor.

Learning the Hard Way

I replied, No thanks, been there, done that and got the T-shirt

Looking back over my life of all the accomplishments and the failures, I wonder what I could have done, if anything, to better my life. Most likely not, as I feel life is what it is, so don't worry about things you can't change. Of course, my greatest acc...

Exam Result

The story of a student and his exam result

Author's Note: I have intentionally avoided mentioning the location of the story. Hope, everyone who reads it connects with it. 1 Akash's life had vaporised the day he wrote his biology paper. Those complex organisms he studied had created a havoc in his...

Life After Retirement

Much to my surprise, he was wearing only cowboy boots.

Life After Retirement You wake up one morning, the sun is shining and it looks like a beautiful day. What could possibly go wrong, your children are grown and your husband is retiring from the United States Army after 33 years. You're actually looking for...

French Food

Everything that they prepared had this green stuff in it

French Food It's totally amazing to me that we pass up so many wonderful things with the explanation of, “I don't like that,” when truth be told we have no idea as we'd never gave ourselves a chance to experience it, especially when food is the subject an...

Can You Cook?

Mike stated, Was that totally necessary?

I am not totally sure, but I'm guessing that most young wives are not connoisseurs or chefs when they get married, I certainly wasn't, a pot of beans and fried potatoes was a big accomplishment for me. I had been married about three months and both my hus...

The Great Hunt

Two kids go hunting.

At last dawn came, slowly transforming the darkness around me into the familiar landscape of my backyard. Soon, the sun was peeking over the eastern hills, glowing bright yellow through the morning fog hanging low in the valley. As the tin roofs of the ne...

Off To San Francisco

Tommy responded - Let me see those pictures...

I love people, seeing new sights, just traveling in general. A few years back, I was helping out a very good friend of mine who was a manager at a Holiday Inn. She was in quite a predicament, she had a big inspection coming up to see if they could keep th...

Off to France

Sweetheart, don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Off to France My husband and I were stationed in Germany in the late sixties. It has some beautiful countryside where I loved to go on day trips, not only to see the beautiful little towns with their charming churches, but to enjoy the wonderful food as w...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

My Worldly Travels

Really!! Just climb into the front seat?... You have got to be kidding me.

My Worldly Travels My adventure starts here Ohio, here I come.... My friends from our Army days were going to Ohio to visit family. Roger and Sandy went home several times a year and asked if I would like to make the trip with them as my hubby was oversea...

A House of Lies

A story of a student who entangles himself in a web of lies

Aditya had come home a bit late today. ''Traffic", he blamed when his parents asked him the reason. Without wasting any time he went to his study room. He wanted to register his bitter-sweet day in his journal. 1Today, it was my practical exam of Biology...

Douche bags will be douche bags. We have all probably had a time in our life when someone makes us feel completely vulnerable and used. This date story is a prime example of that. So, there was this guy I was mutual friends with who I was also very attrac...

Flightless in Cleveland

The Federation of Flightless Birds holds its most recent convention in Cleveland.

The most recent convention of the Federation of Flightless Birds took place in Cleveland. There had been a lot of bickering about where the convention should take place. The emus and kiwis wanted New Zealand. The penguins pushed for Antarctica. The ostric...

The Power of Praeyer

An agnostic praying mantis embarks on a strange quest for the meaning of prayer.

High up in a tree a large and important insect, known by all as the Grand Poopah, said in a deep voice: “Moses.” “Yes, Most Honorable Grand Poopah, what is your bidding?” said a somewhat smaller insect. “Oh, and by the way, feel free to call me Moe.” “Ple...

Daddy No Legs

A daddy long legs discovers there is life after legs.

You think your life is bad? Consider me. I’m a daddy longlegs with no legs. That’s right, no legs. A Daddy No Legs. Here’s my story: I’m creeping around one day, minding my own business, when I run into some kids. “AAAAAAAAHH!!!” they scream. “A spider!!!...

Santapedia: The Story of Guido (a.k.a. Prancer)

Prancer’s battle with mental illness, lost love, and his search for redemption.

My most vivid memory of my evening with Prancer is not his admission that he was a murderer. Though unnerving it was consistent with his obvious paranoia. The most vivid memories are of what happened when I committed the faux pas of offering Prancer chops...