Find your next favourite story now
Login

Humor Stories

Stories in this genre involve humorous observations on life, slapstick comedy, satire and funny people thrown into everyday situations.

Plots either focus on the ridiculous or include comedic injections throughout the story.

If you think laughter is the best medicine, submit your funny stories here or take a look at one of the submissions below for a good dose of humor.

Old Lady With A Can

A little old lady sitting in her flat talks about life whilst drinking a can of lager.

It’s freezing out there. I wouldn’t throw a cat out on a night like this. Still, it’ll soon be summer. I usually go down to the pub, have a drink with my friends Madge and Doris, but it’s too cold to go out tonight. I thought I’d stop in, have a can of la...

The Comedian's Antithesis

How to not tell a joke

“Want to hear a joke?” “Sure, I love a good joke. Is it funny?” [pause] “Why do you think it's called a joke?” “Oh, yeah, okay, go ahead.” “Alright, a priest, a rabbi, and a reverend walk into a bar an...” “Wait a minute, why are these three together, the...

Avatars

analyzing avatars

As I have perused the profile pages of our membership I have often wondered why people have chosen to use the pseudonyms and pictures they have decided on. So I have decided to do an analysis of this phenomenon. To be fair, I shall begin with my own. Rasc...

The Town Drunk

One man's advancement

Dave was a slight man, looking years older than his actual age, and showing no vestiges of prosperity, even looking quite shabby, which led to the name almost everyone knew him by, Shoddy. He didn't seem to mind as he never corrected anyone, but when aske...

Abby and Me

This is a sample of a novella I am currently editing for e-publication soon

What the hell was I doing here? Me, Fergus Simpkins, in a Gym! It was preposterous and ridiculous in equal measure. But I had decided that maybe Abby and I needed to do more together. I was now acutely aware of the growing gap between us; I was also equal...

The Fantastic Voyage of Bellingham Sam

Viewed through rose-colored glasses, it turned into the perfect family vacation...

Coffee. What Sam needed was coffee. He was a walking zombie, desperate for caffeine. It was a condition of his own making, he had to admit, since he was the one who'd wanted to drive on their family vacation instead of flying. And so they had spent more t...

The Beast

The Beast is what I call our old grain truck, let me tell you about it.

The Beast is the older of our two grain trucks. I better describe it , so that you have a picture in your mind of what it really is like. Its a 1968 Dodge grain/dump truck, built like a tank, unlike the newer converted grain trucks that have been used on...

How to Feel Younger without Exercising or Dieting

Slightly mean-spirited but proven techniques for people from forty thru eighty-nine!

Want to feel ten years younger? If you’re between forty and eighty-nine years old you can; just use the techniques that follow. (If you’re ninety or older these techniques will not work. Nothing will. Just try not to embarrass everyone by printing this ou...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Insomnia's Children

What happens to all those characters who are never written down?

He comes first, lumbering out of the gloomy shadows. Half-asleep, I try to protest, but his fist curls around my collar and he yanks me out of bed. He is the hardened villain of my nightmares who both terrifies and fascinates me.Right now, terrified wins....

Rianna

How I got my new goat together with the dogs, plus her pregnancy!

Well, I now finally had my goat. I had waited for this for an awfully long time. There was just one problem now. How was I going to get the dogs to accept her and vise versa ? I lay in bed that night, thinking up different scenarios, on how it was going t...

How I Got My First Goat

The troubles I had to go thru to get my pet goat.

To set this story in the proper time and place, I have to take you back to my teen years. Back a few years to my first encounter with a goat. I was visiting a friend on the outskirts of the City. Margaret was getting us some nice cold drinks while I sat o...

Farm Tales

My adventures in farming (good and bad.. lol)

Farm Tales Firstly, let me tell you a little about myself. My name’s Kari and I am an import. What’s an import you say? It means that I either am from another country or the city. In my case it’s the city. Being a city girl, I had very little knowledge of...

The Atheists

don't mess with religion!

Raphe Gillet's atheist based stand up tour, "Down with Godders", sold out in Britain, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the US where several shows were subject to vehement heckling. Roland Dawson's collection of Atheist essays, "Religion vs Citizenship",...

The 13th Floor

A man's final battle with the number 13.

I am not superstitious. The company decided to put everyone together and the 13th floor is what was open. Perhaps they purposely built this floor out last, because who would want to start on the 13th floor if they didn’t have to? There is nothing I can do...