Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

Chapter 3After the girls dropped him off at the bridge and Thomas walked the rest of the way home, he went to his room, to the Tome. It seemed to be calling to him, the thought scared him, though, and he turned away from retrieving it. Instead, he went into the kitchen, his dad was there staring into the fridge.Tony let out a sigh when he heard Thomas approach and said, "I'm out of beer.""And we're out of food," Thomas re...

After everything that had happened, things seemed to be going great but I wasn't sure how long our good luck would last. Foxi had settled into the pack without a problem and like the others, she too looked to me as the leader. Which was fine until I found my mate. Nurse was the happiest mother in the world I would think. She had a new litter of pups and Tamer. The twin male pups were growing fast and were almost ready to...

The Tomes of Sunquir - Chapter 2

Some friendships were destined

Chapter 2Miranda woke to the beeping of a pulse monitor. She found herself in a hospital bed, her best friend Normia had a chair pulled up beside her and was sitting cross-legged texting on her phone. "What happened?" Miranda asked lightly. Normia looked up at her through opal green eyes and said, "Hey bitch." Miranda rolled her eyes and flipped Normia off. Normia put her phone down and pulled her long wavy black hair int...

The Tomes of Sunquir - Chapter 1

The beginning to a coming of age story

Chapter 1The final bell rang and all of Mr. Green's sixth period history class was full. Of course by now all the students could think about was, "One more class left, and it's home free." But Mr. Green was a special teacher who could hold the student’s attention even in a mundane course like history. After typing some more things onto his computer, Mr. Green got up and began taking roll call. After half a dozen names wer...

The Memory of Water: Life After The End

Like the homeopaths said, water remembers. In fact, it never forgets. And it's pissed off.

I greet thee in the name of the Great Waters, the all-powerful creator and sustainer, provider and destroyer, which surrounds us and flows through us and sustains us, from whose bosom we all spring and into whose comforting embrace we shall all one day return. On this day, we celebrate the Day of Hydro-Revelation, when the Great Prophet Muktar shared with us all the truth about the Great Waters...and commemorate the Time...

Star Crossed Chapter 4

Chapter 4: A Fox with a Mission

(Music “13_no~nbiri” Kitz Playlist)13_no~nbiri.mp3A fox with a missionAs Kitz in his fox form padded along secretly and silently behind the traveling group with Minara and Amaroth walking slightly behind Drake, Thane, and Grumble, Kitz’s mind wondered. During the long days of travel, he kept thinking back to the town of Crossroads and of all the strange and wondrous things he had seen there and of all the people he had he...

Star Crossed Chapter 3

Chapter 3: The Journey Begins

(Music “Love Awakening” Kitz Playlist)21 Love Awakening.wmaThe journey beginsIt had been many weeks since Kitz left the village of Wyvernwood behind. He had set off to explore the world and become a great hero. One day he planned to come home wizened from his experiences to impress and win the heart of Pearl, his heart’s desire. Thoughts of her smile made his mind dance, and his feet would usually follow no matter what he...

Star Crossed Chapter 2

Chapter 2: The Curse

(music “And more…”)19 - And more....mp3The CurseKurzit awoke the following day in his bed after a strangely good nights rest. He had many wonderful dreams that night and felt like new. He smiled and thought briefly about little Cheer and what had transpired. Then he smiled more inwardly at a few of the dreams that he had just had that involved her. He hadn’t realized how unbearably cute he thought she was with only her ow...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Star Crossed Chapter 1

In a world of trivial happenings and whimsical gods join my 3 Characters Kitz, Kurzit, and Cheer.

(This story is of course still a work in progress made with music in mind. Each theme is referenced and should able to be found on youtube if you want to look them up...These pieces inspired me as I wrote the chapters and I believe enhance the experience of reading them if used as repeating background music)The Story of KitzIn a world of trivial happenings, where the whimsical natures of the gods are as dangerous as the m...

D.T - Volga the Apprentice: Chapter 7

The final chapter of the Devil Tower.

Volga the Apprentice: Chapter 7With Volga's teleporting magic they managed to shorten their trip to the neighboring kingdom by weeks, but even on horseback the trek into the cold wintery lands took time. Finding warriors of reputable note were much harder than they anticipated, and it wasn't until late in the Fall Season did they catch their big break.In a windy town far north into Aladorn, Volga met with a small band of...

D.T - The Frigid Prince: Chapter 6

The final chapter of the Frigid Prince

The Frigid Prince: Chapter 6"Enaguille... is that you?" Methais asked fearfully.The frigid prince doubled a look around him then asked, "Who the fuck else would I be?"The group relaxed, if only a little, and Methais said, "You uh...""Man you look mad ugly right now," Yadriel said.Igor elbowed him in the gut. "What Yadriel means, I think, is that your um… appearance is so different since last we saw you. Which wasn't that...

D.T - Prince Rugal: Chapter 3

The final chapter of the prince's tale.

Prince Rugal: Chapter 3Ignoring the fact they were running through a small ocean of blood, which was now up to their ankles, Iris asked, "What are we going to do? Thrain is clearly too powerful for us to stop.""We have to do something," Rugal said frantically. "He betrayed us and can't get that wish; if he does, we lose our chance of getting our home and families back."As they reached the steps, a golden light shined down...

The Pirate: part four

pirate falls in love with a prince

Later on, Julie and me went to the tavern and met up with Tilly. She was still upset about the whole guy agreeing to go with her thing."Really Tilly there is nothing wrong with it! I think the thing that is bothering you is that you don't think you look pretty enough!" Said Julie.It was true, though. Tilly had never seen herself as a pretty girl. But she was. And when Julie had her hand in Tilly's look, well let's just sa...

Revenge would have to wait until Tame was well enough to move around more easily. So if he had to run for his life, he would be able to do so or at least run far enough to hide. Tank had gone off at first light. I wasn't sure what he was up to, but I hoped it wasn't something stupid like going after the rogues on his own. But my worry had been for nothing as he came trotting back with a rabbit bouncing around his closed j...

D.T - Irene the Sly: chapter 7

The final chapter of our sly theif

Irene the Sly: Chapter 7"So we just going to ignore what happened at the hot springs?" Samhal whispered to Myre while they climbed the long spiraling stairs."I don't know, I just got more important things to worry about right now," Myre said keeping her focus ahead of her."Like what?""Like that freckled red-haired whore who is trying to move in on my Caleb.""Oh my god not this again," Samhal said exasperated. "Look guys a...