Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

Clousure Report (Lost Device/Sloan)

Spin off from a larger story, report is internal and format this orginazation uses is 'story'

Closure Report (Lost Device/Sloan) Sep 2017/Karla/Archives (Filched Ear & the Lost Whistle, Resolved) At the time of Pinny’s birth it was said her mother was visited by three women (1) . One old, one middle aged and the last young. They claimed to be sisters. If that was true that would be very weird considering the age differences. But that is what was said. What else was said of the visit was just that it was strange be...

The White Pawn IVNiels tavern was packed, more so then William had ever before seen it. All of the customers were men of the City Watch too. Neil was holding a special memorial for Albert there, with the drinks at half price. Of course, Neil neither knew nor cared the slightest about Albert, but Will had to hand it to him; he knew how to make the best of a bad situation. William was peeved but didn't blame Neil, he had a...

The Blue Hunter - It Begins (part 1)

Who is the mysterious intruder on the backstreets of Bliss? Please let me introduce you.

The full moon was not high enough to illuminate the narrow back street lane of the town of Bliss. The unkempt condition of the boarded sidewalk was an indication of the populace. There are few good reasons for people to tread into rough portions of the town.A door opened, allowing a small slice of dim light to cut through the dark. The light was momentarily blocked by the body of a huge individual whose broad shoulders ba...

The White Pawn IIIThe Sky Cloaks were back to their routine duties when William returned to Bulwark Street. It was good to see them active, even if it was in such a groggy state as theirs. Whatever the hell compelled them to drink so much? He wondered.Back at the barracks, William found the avenue was open to all, Albert's body was gone, and the blood was being washed and scrubbed out from the cobblestone. He approached C...

Tubby Johnson (Almost) Saves The World (Sort Of)

And all it took was discipline. And diet. And maybe a little megalomania.

This is the story of Tubby Johnson, and how he almost saved the world — and almost destroyed it as well.Tubby Johnson’s real name has been lost to history, but we know something about his early years. We know he was smart, and he was funny, and a little shy — and also a little tubby. Not so much that it was a problem, but just enough that people would remark on it and that he earned the nickname.He was a good boy, and nob...

The White Pawn IILord Street: where the cobblestone ends and the marble walkway begins. To be sure there were always guards patrolling here. Did they see anything last night? William wondered.No, they were paid too well to notice anything outside this street. If a lady cried for help outside this district not a one of these guards would help. But if a poor looking man, or woman, walked through here half the patrolmen woul...

Gambits Part 1 - The White Pawn I

The First piece has been moved: The Game is on.

The White Pawn ICaptain William Royce woke with a drum beating in his head. He found himself sprawled out on of the benches inside the, now empty, tavern. Save for the dim light from the oil lantern on the table before him, the place was dark: it was still night. From the looks of the tavern now there was no sign of a party that led to a violent brawl earlier. As a city guard, it was his job to keep the peace. But William...

The Tomes of Sunquir - Chapter 10

The exotic new kid has arrived.

Chapter 10Thomas took Luke's hand awkwardly and shook. "Hi," he managed to say"We were going to go to the dance but decided against it, we didn't feel like dressing up. So we stayed in and put on some Netflix. How was the dance?""It was..." He was having trouble finding words. He felt sick; he needed to get out of there fast. "I-I uhh. Tell you later. Gotta get home, curfew, dad, kill me." He turned briskly walked away af...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Tomes of Sunquir - Chapter 9

Sometimes it takes extremes to clear our vision and realize what we truly want

Chapter 9The school was filled with green all over on Saint Patricks day. Students either with green clothes, green hair, or green anything really, wandered around the halls in festivity. No one was more festive than the twins Caleb and Liam, as Thomas learned the hard way when he forgot to wear green that day. They wore ceremonial kilts and had their faces painted green and carried, what looked like some cheap Toy's R us...

The Tomes of Sunquir - Chapter 8

Magic can't solve all your problems

Chapter 8Thomas was the first person to arrive at the North Plaza Cinemas. He didn't know what movie they were going to watch, but it was Friday evening, and it got him out of the house. He went off the side to practice tricks on his board while waiting. Eventually, Miranda walked up to the entrance and stood around waiting.He rolled over to her, and she greeted him with a smile. "Where's the others?" He asked.She shrugge...

Chapter 7Thomas dragged himself home for the long walk after the psychotic little girl, and the mysterious hood figure vanished. Each step was getting more painful than the last the further he went, but he was almost home, for that he was grateful. Why the hell did she have to hit my legs too? He thought to himself. Why the hell did she attack me for that matter? Once home he warmed up in the shower then crawled into bed...

The rescue party waited down the road from the hovel where the elves delivered Giorgia and Poppet to Gav, the Evil red troll (or so we all assumed).Robert flew back and forth several times reporting on the kidnapping but the blooming flowers surrounding Gav's hovel sidetracked him. Kermit and Marvin, who were starving, stared at Robert flying around teasing their rumbling tummies. The teasing hardly helped their ferocious...

Chapter 6The girls seemed to fight all the way through October. Thomas never figured out why but they made up at Halloween. Guess Miranda was right, girls just fight. Between classes, Thomas was heading to the vending machines until Kellen showed up and pulled him into a nearby empty classroom. He ducked low and told Thomas to do the same. "What's going on?" Thomas whispered as he ducked down. "Caleb and Liam are coming t...

The Tomes of Sunquir - Chapter 5

Party night, what could possibly go as planned?

Chapter 5Saturday night at eight, Thomas sat in his room trying to convince himself not to go to the party. I said I'd be there, I have to go now... God, why did I say I'd go? Screw you peer pressure!His dad was downstairs watching TV, he would have to leap out the window and grab the tree branch. The rain had stopped several minutes ago, and the skies looked to be clearing. He opened the window at long lost and pulled th...

Chapter 4Though the day started exciting it quickly become boring and average after the excitement from earlier that morning died down. Classes as always were mundane, and lunch was decent. After fifth period, Thomas went to his locker to put his books away, no homework, meant no extra weight load. That and for whatever reason it was school policy to leave your books in your locker unless you needed them for homework or a...