Find your next favourite story now
Login

Supernatural Stories

Supernatural stories include themes such as vampires, werewolves, witches, myths, paranormal activity and ghosts.

Spine-tingling, chilling tales can revolve entirely around mythical characters or depict non-human creatures interacting with mortals in everyday life.

The ground was moist beneath my paws as I made my way through and around the trees. I’d been doing this for weeks already and had gotten good at being discreet. Nearly a month had passed and I wouldn’t call myself a pro but I was pretty damn good at what I was doing. Sneaking around at night wasn’t something I liked but for him I’d do worse.I knew what I was doing was forbidden but could I help the way I felt. He wasn’t p...

Soul Collectors

Nick was a cop till he was shot; now he's got a job collecting souls. He's after one in particular.

Prologue Christmas seemed a horrible time to kill someone. I never used to like working at that time of year when I was alive, and I still don't. As a cop I tended to deal in misery; the Bad, the Mad and the Sad were my clientèle, and at Christmas the suffering seemed even more poignant. Now, of course, Christmas Day is nothing special although we are allowed to celebrate whatever festivals we want from the earlier time....

Accidents Happen - Chapter four

Sometimes, even when you are careful, things happen that you can't predict, or prevent...

Chapter Four: Well isn't this just peachy? I stared at Daniel Whytikker on the doorstep, then tilted my head to the side in curiosity. "Why not? He's been missing for over a year, and if he didn't run away, wouldn't he have turned up by now?" The boy nodded firmly. "That's right, and thats why I know he didn't run away. We're very close, closer than anyone else in our dysfunctional family, so I know him better than anyone...

Merlin's Tale - A Pair of Wolves

Merlin finds his white wolf

Hello...My name is Ramos, a very old man and one full of tales. I have heard that you were asking about the wolves from the forest surrounding Palamar. Palamar used to be known as Camelot. That is a very old tale, I am so glad you wish to hear about my favorite beasts of the night. Well, let's see...This is the story of Merlin, no not the one you have already heard so much about. The Merlin in this tale is a descendant an...

Bedtime

The horrors and rewards of child minding.

If I do fail my exams I could get a job in a nursery looking after little kids, I'd like that and it's one of the few things I'm good at. My neighborhood child minding services are in demand, and now I'm receiving requests from mothers I haven't even met. You can't beat word of mouth as a recommendation and it's by far the best form of advertising.Mind you, it's definitely toddlers I prefer to care for, the nine year olds...

Accidents Happen - Chapter Three

Sometimes, even when you are careful, things happen that you can't predict, or prevent...

Repercussions, and some time later.It took a surprisingly little amount of time to explain to Caleb what had happened, and how he became what he now was. As far as I could guess, I told him, for some reason he decided to ignore my warning and went ahead opening the basement. He must have done it after his parents went to bed, because they were fine. So, when he opened the door, Theo, who had gotten out of his cell, attack...

Capo d'astra

A mysterious object bought from a tabletop sale forms a telephone line to enlightenment

Capodastra: A small movable bar placed across the fingerboard of a guitar or similar instrument so as to raise the pitch of all the strings uniformly. If a thing can call, then it called. Or maybe he just happened to be standing in the right place relative to the thing and the sun. The clouds played a part too, opening at exactly the right time to allow the photons through. The packets of light completed their eight minut...

New YorkSteve Bendarek couldn't believe his luck. A rudimentary night out in the local bar had taken an unexpected turn when this unbelievably attractive woman had bought him a drink. Her name was Mireya – her features were an appealing mixture of Caucasian and Hispanic. Her naturally brown hair was strewn with blonde highlights as her hazel eyes locked with his. One became two and the conversation between them flowed eas...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Lullaby

A lullaby is sung to a baby. As the child grows he begins to appreciate its meaning and power.

The click of the light switch focussed his attention and he bobbed back to the surface of consciousness. Soft, retreating footfalls. A whispered kiss. The baby opened his eyes. A gentle glow illuminated the room to his left and his gaze, seeking comfort, was naturally drawn there. He was warm, full, content, sleepy, and yet still expected something more. The familiar beaming face appeared, garlanded by blonde curls, light...

Dinner Date She entered the restaurant and checked her coat. As she held onto her purse she brushed the long red dress flat against her body, smoothing out the few creases. The Maitre d' approached her as she walked towards the main dining area."Hello there, I'm meeting a friend here for dinner, an Englishman…" she said. The smartly dressed man behind the podium held his hand up to interrupt her."Mister Pendleton is waiti...

Accidents Happen - Chapter Two

Sometimes, even when you are careful, things happen that you can't predict, or prevent...

The Release of Theodore Kyreson, two years too early..."How about this, Caleb?" I flung back the changing room curtains and held out my arms, cocking my head to the side. I twirled around a bit, making the short pleated black skirt fan out slightly. The boy's eyes lit up. "Oh, we have a keeper! Good choice, Anna!" I grinned and pumped my fist into the air in triumph. "Success!" Caleb laughed and winked at me. "That's for...

Accidents Happen - Chapter One

Sometimes, even when you are careful, things happen that you can't predict, or prevent...

The years without you, and someone new to comeI drove past it, finally completing my surveillance. I sighed happily, relaxing enough to speed up and drive away from the accursed place. It hurt every time I went near it. I flicked the car stereo on and inserted a CD, pressing 'play'. My Chemical Romance came on, and I allowed the music to slowly let me unwind. Damn council, I thought. They damn well knew that I hated going...

Accidents Happen - Prologue

Sometimes, even when you are careful, things happen that you can't predict, or prevent...

The day I died, was the day my life truly began."Anna! Anna!" I turned, and smiled when I saw my friend, Cassandra waving at me, hanging from the arm of a dashing young man. I could see that her behavior hadn't improved during my absence. Still, it was good to see her again. "Oh Cassie!" I cried, running up to her and exchanging a warm embrace. We ignored the disapproving looks we were getting around us and giggled togeth...

Hunters: Chapter Five

'It is the end, but the moment has been prepared for...'

HuntersChapter Five: The Hunt is overBy Nathan Mullins"Why did they not eat us, or at any rate, prevent us from escaping?" Whisper asked, wanting a proper explanation."Because I'm the only key to them ever finding the will to cooperate with me in thinking I'd give them access to Space Time," Shimmer told her, sounding most pleased with the outcome of them being spared."So you lied then?" Whisper whispered, not as loudly a...

Hunters: Chapter Four

The Adventure continues, and as Shimmer and Whisper flee, the Hunters aren't far behind them...

HuntersChapter Four: For the RecordBy Nathan Mullins“Where are we heading Shimmer?” Whisper asked him, as they continued on their journey. “You know well enough where we’re heading!” Shimmer’s voice was rough, as he was breathless, and so tired. He was being so harsh, because he was keeping some things well under wraps. “You sound so upset, so angry, so… well, you sound a little different.” Whisper was concerned for her f...