Find your next favourite story now
Login

Supernatural Stories

Supernatural stories include themes such as vampires, werewolves, witches, myths, paranormal activity and ghosts.

Spine-tingling, chilling tales can revolve entirely around mythical characters or depict non-human creatures interacting with mortals in everyday life.

The Heart

Her lover, an organ donor dies in an accident and mysteriously returns to her.

Emily Janson was devastated when she got the call that Jonathan, the man she was to marry in two weeks, was just killed in a motorcycle accident. Holding the phone to her ear, her breath leaving her, she stood still, unable to speak, unable to comprehend the words she heard. The call came from Jonathan’s mother, who had just been called by the police.“Oh no,” she gasped before the sobs broke loose and tears filled her eye...

The heat of the fire burned and sweat began to drip down Jenna’s face as she stared in horror at the chaos that surrounded her. People ran around Jenna; men, women and children screamed and cried. They were dressed in animal skins and feathers. Their long black hair blew out behind them as they ran around for their lives. Jenna watched as pale men took tomahawks and plunged it deep into the Indians skulls. She wondered wh...

This is an absolute true story that happened on 3/17/2011. *(Names have been changed.) My soul mate. Don*, and partner of many years had passed away quite unexpectedly about a week earlier. Due to a number of circumstances, the funeral was not scheduled until Saturday. Don has a younger brother, Jack, who is mentally challenged. One of his biggest problems is his speech. He is often quite difficult to understand and has p...

Finding the Blues

A friend wants to know why his best friend committed suicide in search of the Blues

Jason’s suicide shattered our lives. We had no clue. None of us knew what was going on. I was his best friend ever since 2 nd grade at Sherman Elementary School. We went to Hidden Valley Camp in Maine every summer, played little league baseball and damn it, we spent almost every day together, so how could I not know what was going on? Why would he hang himself?At the cemetery when they were burying him, I couldn’t keep my...

Allauddin...Chapter 3

Captain Mackay shares a drink with the delightful Miss Adeline Blandford.

III. Will you conquer my heart with your beauty, my soul going out from afar? Shall I fall to your hand as a victim of crafty and cautious shikar? - Kipling“Of course we never really have time to get away you know, Colonel Peck and I. He is ever so frightfully busy especially at this time of the year. What with government business in its usual state, all we can do is look forward to the occasional regimental or viceregal...

Allauddin...Chapter 2

Captain Mackay returns to the house of the enigmatic Mr Allauddin Khan.

II. There was a door to which I found no key: There was a veil past which I could not see: Some little talk awhile of me and thee There seemed and then no more of thee and me.  - Omar KhayyamTwo days later Mackay wound his way slowly through the same narrow street; glancing around from time to time and occasionally pausing to look behind. As he did so he cursed under his breath in a vain attempt to calm himself. He wonder...

Allauddin...Chapter 1

A tale of mystery and romance set in India in 1905.

I. As I gazed....her countenance changed with her mind As she plann’d how to thrall me with beauty, and bind My soul to her charms, and her long tresses play’d From shade into shine and from shine into shade, Like a day in mid autumn, first fair, o how fair! With long snaky locks of the adder – black hair That clung round her neck……………  - Thomas Hood.  “Father, father, father, quickly, there’s an English officer at the do...

I Take You for My Friend

Lilla and Rose were twins, right?

I Take You for My Friend By Carol Sumilas Boshears “Here we are, so cute, Mom says, having tea with Mr. Bunny Stuff himself”. “Oh, come on Lilla, just pour the tea before it gets too cold. I hate cold tea.” “Okay, Rose, give me your cup. Thank you very much. Mr. Bunny Stuff, here’s yours”. *** Now that I’m almost thirteen we have hot chocolate and marshmallows instead and I’m afraid Mr. Bunny whozits, got to be a mess fro...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Shifting Sands

Laura crosses the spectre wall into the strange dune fields beyond, but can she find her way back?

Crisp, brittle dune grass scratched against my jeans as I hiked up the slope. Molly followed behind on her leash, head down, her soft, floppy ears drooping even more than normal. I reached the top of the dune and scanned the horizon; nothing but more dunes as far as I could see in one direction. Pale, sickly sunlight filtered through the thickening clouds that had drifted in from the coast in the last half hour. It didn’t...

Haunted Adventure

Based on a true story...

On October 1, 2008, an innocent woman was shot, and killed. Not only was she a woman, but a mother as well. The neighborhood is quiet, although there is a painfully loud echo of silence. The only sounds that are heard at night, are the occasional sound of a passing train. Sometimes there is an echo of footsteps, walking by in the darkness, and around October, those footsteps crunch loudly over leaves. A train sometimes go...

313

Love kills

The claim to fame for Texas may not be haunted history. The roads stretch on for miles, inspiring minds to conjure up ghostly sights on any given night. Pilar Lopez was on such a road traveling to her new home, but her mind was not visited by grisly images, at least none imaginary.  Sighing, Pilar tapped the steering wheel and willed her mind to focus on the road ahead. Both literally and for her own unsure future. The ic...

"Where have you been walking, my love?""I walked through the misty marsh waters.""You should be more careful, my love.""I was safe enough, the misty marsh waters won't harm me.""How do you know so, my love?""Because they told me.""Oh, my love. You're such a sweet dreamer."But it's true, I know I'm safe in the marshes with only thoughts of my lover for company. Today I heard the reeds whispering when I walked by, I saw the...

the Broken Fall

A man breaks the fall of a beautiful young woman with surprising results

 He walked around the back of the mansion house noticing the stonework and Victorian plumbing. Suddenly he saw a leg emerging from an upstairs window, then another leg, then a bottom all nicely compact in a pair of loose trousers. Staring up fascinated he saw a delicate hand then a head with tumbling red curls and another hand reaching out to grasp the down pipe next to the window. Not wishing to startle this agile woman...

I woke screaming. Every nerve in my body seemed to be on fire. The burning pain was excruciating. My body thrashed and shuddered.“Shh, Maxine, relax. You need to relax your body.” A man’s voice said. “It will make things a lot easier if you relax.”I felt cool hands on my shoulders, pinning me down. I breathed through my nose and tried to relax my muscles. It made the pain a little more bearable but I still moaned and conv...

Maxine's Choice

Being a vampire isn't all sparkles and magic...

Chapter OneIt was darker than usual as I walked through the park. I was on my way home from working a double shift at the Pizzeria. The manager liked to go out for long periods of time then wait for the last five minutes of my shift to show up and take credit for things I’d done. I hated that. I hoped she got what karma had in store for her.The night was quiet. There were no birds chirping or squirrels running around look...