Find your next favourite story now
Login

Supernatural Stories

Supernatural stories include themes such as vampires, werewolves, witches, myths, paranormal activity and ghosts.

Spine-tingling, chilling tales can revolve entirely around mythical characters or depict non-human creatures interacting with mortals in everyday life.

Five Minute Adventures Presents: The Flying Ballerina

A short story from Five Minute Adventures

The plane had only been off the ground for about fifteen minutes when it hit turbulence. He was shaking; his white knuckled-hands gripped the arm rest, and his stomach tightened as he resisted the urge to vomit. It was only his second time flying. The first time was on his way to Novus Angelus--the place he was now leaving--and that trip didn't go too well. At least he managed to grab an aisle seat--just in case. "First t...

At an earlier age Charles learned to be quiet. He took up chopping wood and listened to the wind as it passed through the trees. People did not understand his life and the lonely cabin in the woods he called home. He never demanded company and all his windows were covered. No one from town had set foot inside the man’s house. The sun’s first light pierced though the curtains. Charles lay with his eyes opened. On a typical...

Life Without Shadows

There are always friends even in the most darkest corners.

The gun was cold in my mouth, I blinked and looked across the table at my shadow sulking and mimicking my sad state. We had a good run, but now it was time to end it. I was about to pull the trigger but then my shadow did something unexpected. It put down its shadowy gun in front of me and crossed its arms. “No”, it seemed to murmur in my head. A little taken back by the situation, I gargled back an answer with cold steel...

The Succubus Song

For those who have fought hard and succumbed..though not from lack of fighting

A ludicrously frigid breeze is barreling through this black and desolate space where my feet have grudgingly settled. There is no life in this place; none except me and the glacial gust, which is blowing in from each and every direction that exists, simultaneously. ‘What happened?’ I wonder aloud. Moments ago when I crossed over into the Realm of Dreams I had enjoyed a leisurely flight over Azure, the largest, deepest, bl...

Night Messengers

Two brief moments that changed my life.

The loud rap on the door startled me out of a deep sleep. I shoved my pillow over my head and burrowed deeper into my lavender scented sheets and tried to reclaim my dream. When the pounding started again, I sat up and turned on the lamp, screwing my eyes shut to block out the sudden glare of light “Can’t somebody answer the door?” I yelled, “Mom? Dad? Howard?” The banging started again; I threw back the covers, bounced o...

Anonymous

Light filtered through the musky window. Cobwebs crowded the corners and between objects against the wall. A smooth untouched layer of dust blanketed the whole space. Shattered and broken, the window would never close completely letting in creatures like the barn owl that made its nest here. Quite a brave owl, not even flapping its wings at me as I pass; maybe it can’t sense me. Most animals can, every family pet from dow...

The Door

A flash fiction tale about a derelict house

The heavy oak paneled door was firmly closed, its shiny brass latch securely locked — until she had taken her eyes off it for a moment. She had turned away from the door to return the broom to its cupboard when a gust of wind blew a shower of rustling variegated yellow, orange, brown and red detritus at her back and into the hallway yet again. She turned and stared in open mouthed disbelief at the wide open door, helpless...

Things Change

Part 2 of The Incident plz rate and comment at the bottom.

Part 2 It was around midnight, and I found myself out for a walk in the cool summer air. It had been a month since the heist at the store and I could tell Amy was still having trouble accepting what had happened, but who wouldn't? She wasn’t the only one, I still had no idea what happened to me and now I couldn’t stop thinking about all that blood. My senses sharpened to the point I could hear someone’s heartbeat from ove...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

 It was early spring and most of the snow had melted. I found myself driving to work a little late because I just didn’t want to go, but being late for work wasn’t anything new. Maybe it had been a year since the incident occurred, but it just put me in a slump and even thinking about it made me sick to my stomach. It made me lose touch with all of my friends. I never see them much anymore neither do they have time really...

Hybrid Theory part 5-1

There is always two parts to every story

Fade's P.O.V. As the my brother and Alexis stood there I could not help but miss William. I knew that I was not supposed to be thinking about him, but he was to me as Alexis was to Jaden. Seeing as she was forbidden to think about him, it's a good thing that being mostly an elemental gave her the ability to hide her thoughts from the pack. As if hearing my thoughts, my brother looked up from where he and Alexis sat. He ha...

Deus Ex Machina~

A story about a certain train that brought with it the spirits of an old town's past.

Deus Ex Machina is a phrase that made itself ever evident on a cold November night. It was in the late 1960's in a small Arizonan town and was one of the few towns that still ran early model locomotives. It often made for good and quick travel between destinations, however on this night it brought something else. On this night it was accompanied by something old yet familiar, you see these townsfolk had lived here for gen...

Hybrid Theory part 4

Fair exchange is no robbery

I don't know who originally said this but it is what I live by: "Fair exchange is no robbery." From the moment I first heard that quoted, I knew I would live by it for the rest of my life. I bet you're wondering how this deals with my story. Well, you're about to find out. Heading Alexis I realized we were heading to the gym room. Which meant the one class I dreaded the most: P.E. What made it sad was that he loved P.E. b...

I tried to write this as a standalone story, but it's a continuance of characters from “Blood Sacrifice” if you're confused The couple sitting at the corner table in the coffee house received a curious glance now and then from the other patrons. They wondered why such a beautiful young lady was so engrossed with what the dignified looking, older man was disclosing to her. If they had known they may have run screaming in t...

Blood Sacrifice

true friendship means sacrifice

Carol was extremely uncomfortable as she sat at the small corner booth. She had every right to be, sitting alone in this bar full of amorous young men.She was an exceedingly attractive young woman. She was medium height but could be described as buxom and curvaceous. She had shoulder length, light auburn hair with blond highlights. Her facial features were just a slight bit awry from perfect, but it only added to her char...

Hybrid Theory part 3

Out of the skillet and into the fire

Waking up I knew I was not ready to face the day ahead of me. Especially after that impromptu pack meeting last night. I got up and loped to the door, nudging it open with my nose. Taking a quick look around the hallway I tried to sneak to the kitchen, trying to not wake up my parents. Halfway down the stairs I ran into my mom waiting for me at the bottom of the steps. "Jaden Knight if you don't turn back into a human and...