Find your next favourite story now
Login

Supernatural Stories

Supernatural stories include themes such as vampires, werewolves, witches, myths, paranormal activity and ghosts.

Spine-tingling, chilling tales can revolve entirely around mythical characters or depict non-human creatures interacting with mortals in everyday life.

Chapter Two Walking into the house, I step out of my shoes, shut the door behind myself and start toward the stairs to my room. “Kayla, is that you? Can you come in to the lounge room please?” my mother calls out to me. “Sure, Mum,” I say, walking into the lounge room, bags still in hand. “Am I in trouble?” I see my mum sitting in her favourite spot in the lounge. Dad was sitting on the lounger beside her. Looking at them...

Back in Sinking Wells: The blacksmith known as Stiles had made great strides with his training. He could ride and rope with the best of the cowboys and his skill with the knife, bullwhip and pistol were better than average. He was considered a loyal and hardworking employee by the owner and was liked by the local folks.He would occasionally request a few days off to attend to family business and his employer always grante...

Chapter One Formal dresses hang on the walls all around the shop. I stand on a pedestal trying on a silver floor length halter neck dress. I thought it was a beautiful dress, but want to try on a couple more before deciding. “I’m going to try on the next one,” I say, turning to the guy sitting on the chair next to the changing room. Seeing Steven sitting in one of the small chairs the formal shop has for people to wait in...

Valentin's Vow-Chapter 1

Love is to die and will rise from its ashes... resurrected.

New York’s entertainment district was jam packed that Friday night, but that hadn’t stopped twenty-one year old Èrabèlle Skylark from getting past the long lineup outside. She was a beautiful brunette with mahogany eyes, creamy fair skin, with a small beauty mark above the left corner of her lip. Onyx nightclub was filled with fog, flashing strobe lights, and dancing sweaty bodies. Synthesized bass pounded from the mounte...

As soon as Felsar fell asleep the Prince left the wizards lair and headed into the secret passage ways. The chance encounter with Princess Lynette had filled his heart with the desire to see her again. Maybe if he could get her to listen and not scream they could talk as he missed her. As he moved he was surprised at how well he could see in the absence of light. The sounds he had heard that first time with Felsar had fin...

Carpenter saw himself catching the Princess before she would have struck the cold marble floor and injured herself. He brushed the hair off her face and stared, as her beauty was breathtaking. He was still staring when the Princess opened her eyes and looked him dead in the face. She screamed at the sight she beheld. It was the face of her betrothed but now she saw blood running down his cheeks and his pallor was very pal...

Brother Sebastian did not stay too long at the ranch and departed soon after their arrival so the couple could have some private time together. Carpenter spent the first evening of his return telling Holly everything that he had learned and Holly was not surprised to learn that he was a Prince. "I have always believed that you were something more than just an ordinary man, even after I found out what you were. It's the wa...

As dawn approached Carpenter drew the heavy drapes in his car to protect him from the rays of the Sun. He then took a seat in one of the plush chairs and recalled all the memories that the hypnosis had awakened and he wept. He wept at the memory of the deaths of his parents and their friends. He wept for the love and concern that his old mentor Felsar had shown. He even surprised himself at weeping for Holly, he really mi...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The young Prince slowly opened his eyes and looked around. When he realized he was in the wizards lair he felt better. "Thank God I'm alive," he said out loud to the empty room. "Would that were true my Prince,"a voice responded.Felsar shuffled in out of the shadows and was soon standing at his side holding a large tankard. "Here, drink this," he said and extended the tankard to the Prince. The Prince drained it in one lo...

The Strange White Man 37

Carpenter's rebirth

As Carpenter sat in his private car awaiting the Sun to rise he recalled the memories that had just been awakened. He saw his Father and his trusted friend and teacher the wizard Felsar. He was happy to revisit these memories. That evening Brother Sebastian appeared again just shortly after sunset. Carpenter invited him in and offered a libation of one of the bottles of cows blood that he carried. The Monk accepted and to...

In Carpenter's mind he was racing backwards in time. The last 200 years passed by in the space of a breath and he saw himself as a small boy again. This was the English countryside in the late 1600rds and he was playing in the woods near his father's castle. He heard a voice and saw the captain of the guards calling for him to return. He thought of hiding and making them come and find him, but he would be punished if he d...

It took about a week for Carpenters private railcar to be returned and parked on the siding and he was most pleased. As comfortable as he was in the old monastery he preferred the safety of his car and Brother Sebastian had no problems continuing their discussions there. The oldest journals proved a real challenge for the Monk as he was unable to immediately recognize the language. He was forced to go through the weighty...

Vampire Justice Part 13

Molly relives her past. Carlo gets arrested. Sean and Steve are rescued.

A VJS security officer walked up to Slade with a sheat of papers in his hand. Slade took the papers and examined them. He shook his head and dismissed the officer. The papers were duplicate copies of the warrants filed to examine all of Molly's properties. A second set of warrants contained arrest documents for detaining Carlo for Steve's abduction. He was the prime suspect based on the security video, which showed him ta...

Carpenter decided to stay in this little town and gave Holly the option to remain or return home. She was a tad bored as this town had not yet experienced the growth spurt that their town had, it was small, dusty and dry and had very few distractions. "How will I get home?" she questioned Carpenter. "By train of course." "Where will you stay if I take the train?" "Brother Sebastian will provide temporary lodging for me."...

Carpenter was stunned into silence at the sight before him. This monk that was the acknowledged foremost expert on the supernatural in the USA stood there with a slight smile on his face and allowing Carpenter to see his fang teeth. Brother Sebastian was one of the undead. Carpenter was at a loss for words and that had not happened to him in a long time. The monk sensing his minor confusion bade him to take a seat and rea...