Find your next favourite story now
Login

Supernatural Stories

Supernatural stories include themes such as vampires, werewolves, witches, myths, paranormal activity and ghosts.

Spine-tingling, chilling tales can revolve entirely around mythical characters or depict non-human creatures interacting with mortals in everyday life.

It was shortly after sunset that Carpenter exited his hiding place in the cave and headed to the house. Brother Sebastian was already up and waiting for him. The Monk did not share his latest discovery with Carpenter and proceeded to place him under hypnosis. Once again Carpenter's mind went racing back in time. He was once again in the wizard's secret lair deep within the castle. The wizard had just departed for his audi...

It has been seven days since we left. We were attacked a total of 6 times each attack more vicious than the last. If not for Jace, I may not have been able to handle them on my own. The attacks were so frequent and there were many vampires. Some of us are wounded, others on the verge of a mental breakdown, but we finally made it. Lycan stood before several yards to the side of a giant iron gate set in an enormous stone wa...

Brother Sebastian stood on the porch of Carpenter's ranch house and uttered a silent prayer to God that all his years of research and interpretations of the most ancient texts were correct. As the sun rose further in the sky, he watched the beams of light, as they moved slowly across the yard toward the house, illuminating everything in their path.. It reached the porch and slowly moved up the two stairs falling on the he...

The vote was made and the procession moved onward. They had only a few hours before nightfall and hoped to reach their companions in time. On the trail, as they walked, Lycan pondered the possibility of making another like him, wondering if Jace could handle it and trying to judge his character. At the same time, his thoughts kept going back to why the killings had ended so quickly and, if there were survivors, how they h...

Lycan sat alone, in his own small portion of the courthouse, pondering his new situation. He had gained their trust, and admiration, for protecting them from the vampires. The guards, he had rescued the previous night, retold the tale time and time again. Each time, the story was regaled, however, they left out the details of his transformation. He did not know if they did this for his privacy or because it might scare th...

Both groups in here are real and to the members of both, I thank you for being there in spirit as this was written, And tip my hat to all of you for being there. Laying here in a winter’s dark about the time of the change of the season, tossing and turning as the night stretches out like a long double edged blade.With these being the times when the demons arise, come forth and make their way, as well as being occasional t...

Lycan bolted upright in his bed gasping at the sensations from his waking dreams. Though it was the first night he had not had nightmares since his town had been obliterated, the dream still woke him. Breathing heavily he sat upright, still half covered in old tattered sheets; he remembered the details of the dream. The wolves surrounding him, the great white wolf standing before him in the center of the pack, the sensati...

As he watched the Captain make his way into the dark woods, he prayed that his journey would be safe one. He was not really worried, the Captain was a warrior and woe unto the highway robber that crossed his path. It was then that his acute hearing picked up some new sounds. From his hiding place in the bush Carpenter could see the guards carrying torches and walking the top of walls around the castle and stopping occasio...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Mardi-Gras 1: The Telescope of Charon*

A Speculative Look at Purgatory (The Middle Ground Between Heaven Hell)

This one was an idea I have toyed with,- And was triggered after reading a short story about the concept, As well as Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle’s version of Dante’s Inferno, Which kind of set the things in motion you see here as an idea come to life. Standing here on my own in the district or quarter known as Saint Cecile, knowing that only ashes remain after one passes through those purifying fire(s) that consume al...

The desperate man trudged through the forest. Weary from travel, yet determined to escape, determined to find a way to fight back. The autumn leaves crunching underfoot, twigs and sticks cracking under the weight of the muscled warrior. The tall warrior removes his bloody sword from its scabbard and swings at the brush in front of him. Bushes, branches, and other foliage fall to his feet at the front of his path. The man...

Play Things

An innocent family caught in a supernatural bind.

This is just a small part of the story Play Things, I hope you enjoy... As I play with my old dolly I hear the front-door downstairs creek open. I climb swiftly to my feet and walk down the hall to see whom is in my home. My eyes find a family, the family looks happy! With a happy mommy smiling lovingly at her husband and three children, the daddy is looking about my house, the two teens look bored and the little girl hug...

Carpenter let out a scream of rage as the Princess slowly slumped to the floor with an arrow in her chest. A large patch of crimson was darkening the front of her silky nightgown. He fell to his knees and gathered her up in his arms and held her to tightly. Tears filled her eyes as she found the strength to speak in a low whisper, "This is probably for the best, my beloved," she said as she reached up and stroked his face...

Carpenter left long before Sunrise which allowed the Monk to return to his research. He double and triple checked his findings and each time the answer he arrived at was the same. "There is only one way to test this theory, but if I am wrong I fear it might prove fatal," he said to his reflection. Back at the ranch Carpenter found Holly waiting for him. She embraced and kissed him as soon as he stepped through the door. S...

The young Prince followed his old mentor along the long twisting passage ways to the secret door to the treasure room. The secret door to this room was also hidden behind a tapestry, but it was different than all of the others. It was much smaller and closer to the floor and one was forced to crouch down to enter. Once satisfied that the young Prince could enter and exit Felsar returned to his chamber Prince Karl entered...

With the blackout having hit the cottage a few minutes earlier, Ariel propped the flashlight on the kitchen counter, opened the oven and peeked in anxiously. She hoped the cookies she had made survived the power outage. They certainly smelled great. Nothing like freshly baked cookies to warm up a cold, rainy night. She took out the baking tray and set it aside on the counter before turning the flashlight upon it to inspec...