Find your next favourite story now
Login

Science Fiction Stories

Science fiction stories depict imaginative, futuristic worlds populated by humans and non-human characters such as robots, aliens and mutant creatures.

The sci-fi genre often involves space travel and distant planets, with the only limit being the author's imagination.

If you love the sci-fi genre, submit your stories here or click on one of the links below to immerse yourself in another world.

Expansion of Mankind 3 When Sam and Kari returned to the planet Prime they reported to the Council that misunderstandings between the two cultures had been had been explained to the satisfaction of the Rovers, at least for now. There was still a disagreement on how to handle the problem of the rebels that were raising havoc among the colony, even going so far as burning farms and murder. The Rovers, after trying to cure t...

Anonymous

Light shined brightly into my face, disrupting my peaceful sleep. Funny… I thought this was a windowless room. Opening my eyes just a crack, light flooded in, blinding me for a moment. I wince at the slight sting, my eyes squeezing shut. It faded away quickly and I reopened my eyes; this time prepared for it. The door was open just slightly enough for light to seep through. There must be a window out in the hallway. I fel...

From the Future

When Kara opened her eyes, it was dark, she was on a deserted road, and it was raining, great!

From the Future This is a story about the adventures of Kara Sandborn. She was born in the 24th century, in a world very different from our times. Kara was a what we would call pretty much a genius by our standards. She had a photographic memory, and by the age of 21 had three degrees under her belt. But so far didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. Her parents were tired of her hanging around the estate, and we...

Another Place, Another Time

By day they are part of a whole, by night they return home

Another Time, AnotherPlace “Your human is a brat.” My love’s voice coiled towards me slowly, the words stretched out in the silly way that slow motion videos sound. His energy signature was humming angrily, the wavelength around 460. He would be sapphire blue if I were seeing him with my human’s eyes, a color of outrage. With a sigh I increased the length of my own energy waves so that we were moving along at the same pac...

Abel and Kane

The battle for the soul of humanity began here.

Abel and Kane “I will not ask you again Miss Gatewood.” The interrogator said. “What did you see down there?” Gatewood stamped out her cigarette on the tAbel . “I already told you. Freedom.” The interrogator snarled. “What does that supposed to mean?” Gatewood glanced to the tall man and folded her left hand on top of her right. “It means that Abel gave us total freedom. We had tracked Kane to a cave in the outer regions....

Anonymous

Ace went down to the cafeteria and sat down at his table in the back. He assessed me for a moment, studying my eye and the patch where my other eye should be. His eyes lingered on it for a moment as a look of disgust flashed across his face. He composed himself and politely smiled. It wasn't a bad smile but it showed that he was out of practice. I hesitantly smiled back. He took a deep breath and bluntly stated, "I know w...

Expansion of Mankind Chapter Two

Problems and Diplomacy

After a long, faster than light flight, the huge colonization spaceship had reached its destination. There the passengers found three planets in the liquid water zone of this faraway star. To their dismay they found that the planet they had hoped to colonize was already inhabited by an advanced race that didn't suffer interlopers. There was a second planet that would serve but it was a very malignant place with its flora...

Anonymous

Blank and black like a clean slate, there was nothing of my life before, nothing but the black smog that covered my mind like a thick blanket. I could scratch and claw at the mass but to no avail. It was formless and impenetrable and I was weak in comparison. Everything was gone and I knew that wasn't good but I couldn't recall what should be there. I felt empty, a void of what I no longer was. Everything was washed out g...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Presently I am evil…I am darkness I don’t possess a body, apparently I am just an entity, Do I even exist is the question. Everything is dark, even the darkness is eloped by some thick fog. It is impossible to see. If I had a body, if I had eyes, what would the world be like? All I can do is listen. It’s like I’m hidden away, suppressed from the world. I am not real and should never be, but I am. I do believe I am real. T...

Expansion of Mankind

Overcoming Obstacles

“Hey, Sarge.” The man he was addressing was a large, almost hulking, individual that was field stripping a weapon casually but expertly. He looked to be in his mid twenties, give or take a few years. The scowl on his face didn't hide his almost pretty features, but were belied by his eyes when he looked up. They were the eyes of a pure predator. “Yea, whatta you want, Davies?” “Can I ask you a question?” “You just did. No...

Pixel-Perfect #.2

There are three levels here in this world- the controllers- the controlled- and the underworld

Welcome to the block! Block of what you ask? Everything imaginable- you possess a small pixel/ particle/ trace of everything imaginable… and yet it is inaccessible. The latest thing to be dug up from the ancient internet is that people used to be able to use 20% of their brain capacity. This day and age you’ll be lucky to unlock a measly 10%. How invigorating it is to know my potential- But my greatest fear is that I won’...

Anonymous

I was met by a stunned silence. Fei smiled in excitement and hope just itching for us to start. All we were waiting for was Raven’s answer and that has proven to be difficult. We were in the room Fei and I share, after several days of trying to convince Raven to even entertain the idea of escape. She frowned, chewing the inside of her cheek, contemplating the plan. She looked me in the eyes with a hint of doubt and turned...

Lover's Leap

Nothing is darker than a black hole; nothing gives more light than love.

LOVER’S LEAPby Curtis James McConnell I tell you now, it is love which binds us. Using simple blackhole physics, we shall prove this. Whether you are too cool, manly, cynical or intellectual to believe this, it is so. It is love which binds us. It binds us so thoroughly that love and life are actually the same word. Some cultures explain god with the words, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God." That...

Desperate Times

A time-travelling soldier goes AWOL to escape a barbaric existence.

I struggled to rein in my breathing as anxiety threatened to rob me of rational thought. But how was I supposed to react when my life was about to end fifty years before I was born. Heavy mist swept off the Great Lakes, and cold easterly winds scattered paper and debris beneath the outline of distant skyscrapers. The rain arrived in spurts, slapping the pavement like an open palm, spreading the inner-city smells of wet as...

Pixel-Perfect

mmm.(website).pzq -are as far away from each of the letters you are supposed to type in.

PixelmaticThe world does revolve around me… no it doesn’t- well it should. Artists proceed with an essence that pinches their surroundings- knocking on distance. Distance… just because you live in your own world does not mean the world revolves around you. In your world you are an undiscovered beauty, in the world you are nothing.mmm. (website) .pzqI never questioned this routinely rule, it had to be something right? It s...