Find your next favourite story now
Login

Science Fiction Stories

Science fiction stories depict imaginative, futuristic worlds populated by humans and non-human characters such as robots, aliens and mutant creatures.

The sci-fi genre often involves space travel and distant planets, with the only limit being the author's imagination.

If you love the sci-fi genre, submit your stories here or click on one of the links below to immerse yourself in another world.

Last Day Aboard Ship

Chapter 1 - The days starts great, but quickly goes to turds because men are so stupid.

The wake-up alarm sounded in my quarters. That irritating oddly pitched buzz filled my head as my mind drifted into consciousness. They have scientifically created the sound that our hearing and brains can’t ignore. I think it is a combination of a baby’s cry, the sound of a cat whose tail is stepped on, and a nagging wife all rolled up into one sound, and then add a little screech of fingernails on a chalkboard. “I’m awa...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 53

Salix does the unexpected out of compassion, and not anger. Would you?

Chapter 53 Friendship in Despair “Well, you’re correct. He is slow, because he is in the process of intercepting Leot’s communication with Almaz. I believe it’s his real reason for going there. But the official reason for the attack is tellurium. Our cities are made of tellurium. He always wanted it for his purposes.” “Let’s skip the subterfuge for a second. But could the said intercepted information be an explanation for...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 52

Just when the dust settles and Demi feels like relaxing with friends, Kallitris is not happy again..

Chapter 52 Navigating the Unknown “Loving your own kind and discriminating against others is not love at all. Love can only be for everyone. The ederi understood that when you told them about the effects of their unfair law. As for feeding – they have a weaker form of your parasite, capable of sustaining the infant until it learns to process the energy by itself.” We fly lower and lower, and I can already see the fields o...

Adventures Across the Starways - 7

His eyes twinkled a bit. Nice to know I can still make a young lady blush.

Chapter 7 By Kari and Khadaj At 0600 the comm dinged, and Zlanta's voice came out. "Sive, time fer breakfast an' tha tour of tha ship. Capt'n's already in the cahmon room. You awake, chile?" At Sive's answer the comm clicked off. When Sive heard the comm ding, she jumped up. Pressing the comm button she replied. “I'll be right there Zlanta.” Having one last look in the tiny mirror, she saw something she hadn't seen in mon...

Adventures Across the Starways - 6

All of a sudden one the the drunken men, reached up and grabbed her by the ankle!

Chapter 6 By Kari and Khadaj Jason thought for a few minutes before answering, "Actually, I do. You found that pendant on your desk just before you had to disappear, eh? That in itself is suspicious, not to mention you've said a couple of times how whomever is chasing you has been able to stay on your trail." Jason stroked his chin, staring at the pendant which was framed by her small breasts. "I think Donny should have a...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 51

The golden rain of revelation is only the beginning...

Chapter 51 The Golden Rain “Maybe because you all know more than I do!” I answer loudly to the child, but no one is surprised. “Thank you.” Is heard behind us. I turn around, startled, and it is Yasen, transparent, just like Verba. He addressed his “thank you” to Kallitris. I’m astonished at this turn of events, as if one can get any more astonished with these folks. This is when the crowd starts yelling and cheering in h...

Chapter 50 The Magic of Ederi

In the enchanted land of the ederi the Crumbling Rose is pulling itself together...

Chapter 50 The Magic of Ederi “I know what happened.” I continue, feeling dizzy with how much danger I’m putting myself in, that is, in the middle of an already uneasy, electrified situation. “Leot had always been with you – in the form of a black stone. These here black stones are Leot! He wanted you to be his best experiment ever… But then you guys went out of control, and adopted that stupid law, prohibiting the ederi...

Iron Man

This is a short story I wrote for a Chemistry assignment. Enjoy.

“Not even Oxy-Boy can be near him!” and “He only likes the neighborhood eight!”. Iron Man always heard negative things being said about him. In his neighborhood -neighborhood eight- he was admired by the children and adults on every street. He never knew that one day he would be considered the neighborhood super hero! When a child is born in neighborhood 8, they are given a number. Iron Mans’ number was 26. As a young boy...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Adventures Across the Starways - 5

“Please just call me Sive, it's best I still hide behind one of my aliases.”

Chapter 5 By Kari and Khadaj Rubbing her bruised wrists, Sive turned as she looked up at Jason. “How can I ever thank you for risking your lives for me just now?” Her eyes widened as Jason's last words finally sank in giving Sive some hope. “Wait....did you just say what I thought you did? Are you sure you want me aboard your ship, now that you know my history? And what about the other crew members? Their lives will be in...

Adventures Across the Starways - 4

Coldly looking down at Sive, “Did you miss me Short Stuff?

Chapter 4 by Kari and Khadaji Watching Jason as he speaks about her test results makes Sive wanted to shout, (I've never cheated on a test in my entire life you Dumb Ass Spacer!) She could feel her temper rising, but stops herself by biting her lip. He moves like a cat watching his prey until he is sitting in front of her, continuing in a different vein, his words reaching her like no one had been able to in years. Sive l...

Adventures Across the Starways - 3

a woman appeared, fire-red hair up in a crested wave, dressed in bits and pieces of trooper armour

Chapter 3. by Kari and Khadaji Sive could only watch dumbfounded as Jason left the portmasters. Fuming she went after him, practically skipping along side him she breathlessly added, “Look my friend, I didn't mean to offend you back there, I really do need this job, you saw those goons, they won't stop coming after me until I either pay up or they get their credits some other way.” She shuddered as she finally realized th...

Adventures Across the Starways - 2

Sive frowned. 'Damn his hide, he's smarter then I gave him credit for.' Time for Plan B.

Chapter 2 by Kari and Khadaji While the men confronted each other, Sive had the time to assess her would-be saviour. He had the look of no nonsense about him. She put her knife back in her boot, trying to decide how to put herself in the best possible light.If I play my cards right this might just be my ticket out of this hell hole. Damsel in distress? No, he would see right through that one...hey, I could be just a helpl...

Adventures Across the Starways - 1

She is what is known as a Con Artist, Jack of all Trades...whatever! She does have a way with words.

By Kari and Khadaji Chapter 1. Jason DeBois watched the last of the cargo off-load onto the dock for the client's inspection. Now came the moment of truth. Was this one honest or would he try to cheat? Jason had already ordered the steward into the dorsal turret with instructions to have it pointed near the client's vehicle. Not at it, no need to be rude. But close enough to blast it into next week if something went wrong...

Gidealis Enigma Chapter 49

It is almost fun to get out of control of someone as allmighty as Leot...

Chapter 49 The Revelation “I saw Leot.” The erahi blurts out. Then he frowns, pausing, and looks around to make sure no one had heard us. Why am I so scared all of a sudden? I do not know why I’m afraid of this thing, this creature, my creator. He is too omnipotent, too unpredictable, I guess. When I lived on Earth he seemed desirable. I wanted him, I dreamt of him. But now? Everywhere I turn it seems like Leot either cre...

The Ghithorian

When the life of a planet ceases to exist, will Za'kyia be able to survive?

The universe is a cold, dark place. It goes on, forever, and ever, and there's nothing we can do about it. There's nothing that can change the fact that one day, the stars will go out, one by one, dying as they fade from the sky we so desperately love. We look up and see death, the slow death of the universe as stars explode, or get swallowed up by black holes, or get overrun by alien races we know nothing about. And yet,...