Find your next favourite story now
Login

Romance Stories

Our romance section is for the true romantics among us who love stories and books where a heroic character conquers emotional hurdles and physical threats to be with the person they love.

Sub-genres in this category include regency, historical and contemporary romance, the primary focus always being the developing relationship between the hero and heroine.

In most cases stories culminate in a happily ever after ending.

I guess this is goodbye: A stoopid teen romance

Ah, to be young and in love. And stupid. Never forget the stupid. A tale from my teen days…

Warning: Hey, I know this isn’t very good – ‘tas written many, many moons ago and recently rediscovered on an old CD (remember those?). Seriously, it's a miracle this guy ever gets any action at all. But believe you me, it was way more embarrassing/painfu...

A Vampire's Lullaby Chapter 6

I hope it seems full of despair

Ch. 6: Memory and Truth Crystal carefully approached the newborn, "Alex? Can we talk?" He didn't answer. She knelt down and embraced him. "I'm not sure what happened. But, it hurts, doesn't it?" Still no answer. Instead, he faced her as his clear, watery...

The ball’s in your court

You, sir, have made me the most fortunate and unlucky girl in this frightening big blue marble

My mind is like a giant wool ball. Every time I make the effort of unravelling it, I end up with a few persistent knots I never seem able to undo. I am quite stubborn myself and I can’t help overanalysing situations when something specific is hovering aro...

A Vampire's Lullaby Chapter 5

This is the worst part of the story for now.

A Vampire's Lullaby Ch.5: Regret I sat in the living room of the mansion, watching the news. I was surprised we even had a T.V. 'Mass murders have been spreading across the states, first in California, moving through Utah all the way to Ohio.' "What the h...

Ch. 3: Now and Forever, Loathing What could I do? I'm stuck here. They never left all at once! In fact, they stood right outside my door. I put my head to rest in my hands. (How long have I been here?) Even if I wanted to escape, they'd catch me before I...

A Vampire's Lullaby

It starts out with a straight couple, but then evolves to a gay couple.

Note: To those who are not interested in gay relationships,please, turn back now.A Vampire's LullabyMy parents raised me as a normal boy, despite being ridiculously rich. My parents always told me whether rich or poor, I was to treat everyone equally. I d...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

“Riley! You didn’t actually, did you?” she asks incredulously. There’s shock in her face, but a sort of pride too. She’s fighting back a smile and her dark blonde hair waves behind her as she attempts to stop her shoulders shaking with laughter. “Yes, yes...

I groaned as I woke up, my head pounding and eyes dry and scratchy. I blinked in the dark, disoriented. The clock on the table beside me showed that there were still several hours before morning. I sighed as I worked a hand out from under the covers and r...

Powerful Love - Chapter Fourteen

Family helps each other no matter what.

Chapter Fourteen - Nick “I’ll do it,” Minerva says quietly. “I don’t want you anywhere near him,” Eliot says protectively. “If he did shoot Oasis that means he’s already hurt one of daughters I don’t want him to have the chance to hurt another one.” “I ha...