Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Melancholy Mood

2
2 Comments 2
1.1k Views 1.1k
852 words 852 words
Looking around and seeing all the damage that has been done, and it seems as if there is no end in sight and I am looking for a miracle. I might have done wrong and just want be there when the dark morning light explodes across the skies and see you if I can and hear you catch your breath when you laugh instead of cry. There is a long road behind me with a thousand miles of memories some good and others bad, with there also being those times that are unreal or are just so surreal as to defy belief.

Underneath my wounds and the scars, I carry is where the demons tend to hide, the truth can be seen and exposed, with there being strength to be found in letting go of things. Having heard all of the lies, and had some try and hypnotize me with their secrets, and had some try to crucify my mind and then wondered when I ran when they tried to offer a form of salvation. So I hope and pray with each passing day that I will find a way through all of the subtleties that have been placed in my path that try to strangle me. And I also recall all the kicks and blows I have received along with the message of; being nothing when I grow old. But, then again when none of the kicks and blows they have inflicted have never shown with the pain they cause being converted into strength and power. Then again they never understood the concept of fighting for things most of your life and always attempting to make all things right.

Then again I have always danced to a different drum that’s been played and tried to see all that’s going on, as I searched for the real things and tried to avoid the madness that has been encountered along this long strange trip down the line. Still they wonder how one can develop a heart of steel? Which comes about from seeing the harder and meaner side of things, making one a stronger person than they will ever realize. For there are flames that can be seen when the time is right that look like jungles burning bright deep in my eyes, from each hit that’s been taken and have come blow by blow.

Sweet freedom is one of the things that has been sought, while trying to avoid taking the wrong way down those roads that call as I make my way on down the line. And sometimes feeling as if I am living far away or as if I might be like another victim of the night. Then again I try not to look back and remind myself that the past is close behind, and not as far as some seem to think it is, even when they have attempted to try and take away the prophet’s dreams. And instead made all those they have attempted to drag down with all of their cries, and lies have just made one harder, and stronger.

Having heard that life is a test, as I stand up and turn towards the dark light of the sun, and with hand on my heart I resolve to take a stand, and still sometimes it seems there are voices heard in every sound. And there are still those times when I seem and feel as if I have been made of stone, and still I ask those I pass not to get up as I am only passing through. With there being a fine line between love and hate, as well as real and fake. Hearing the bugles call and know that there is no retreat or surrender, for I won’t run, but instead will stand my ground when called out, just like that lone soldier who lost every battle but ended up winning the war.

There might be a few things I might get wrong, cause I won’t give in and I know there are those who just disappear. With time being just like a flicker of light and will soon be done, and one should never ask why of those who arrive and then disappear for that’s life and life only. And even though moment(s), will be passing me by, with some thinking it’s a shame. But then again I know that life is more than what we truly are, as they drink deeply from those rivers of blindness. Seen you burning photographs as if that would save you from what happened in the past, so don’t be scared as you lay your secrets out on the table in the shuffling of dreams, and we both carry our share of sins and we shouldn’t care where the other has been. And when it is all over we will just go home and start all things over again, for what has happened will happen again, as dust will once again be brought back to life at those golden gates.

Copyright: Timberwolf International LTD. May 2016 – 26

Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments