Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

Anonymous

Long about 1952, as a five-year-old, one day Dad, Uncle Stan and Uncle Vern were making a dump run and the back of the truck was filled with garbage. Two or three of us kids were invited to go along. I’m sure it wasn’t an invite from Dad but most likely f...

Daddy's girl

I dedicate this poem to my wonderful dad.

Two fifteen one morning To everyone's surprise My daddy took me in his arms And looked into my eyes   It was twenty-eight years ago If I go back to the start Dad cuddled up his newborn girl I already won his heart   At five years old he made me laugh On h...

I look for you Then I see You're always  All around me The soft kiss Of dew on leaves The bright sun That shines with energy The tender sunset As the day relaxes Day to night Night to day Always with me In your loving ways Sounds and smells Remind me how...

Yesterday, I was surfing the net while I saw a job post at the airport. I have already applied before, but hearing no news. Despite that, I applied again hopelessly. When I studied at the university, I dreamed of working at the airport while my fellows we...

Today is going to be tough on me as I collect Marcie's clothes. All of my local friends say it's time, and I keep telling myself to donate so others will get needed clothes and coats. They asked if I needed friends to help, but foolish me said, "No, I'm g...

Dance of flies

they came and danced

What did I  see first . It was the flies, as they danced in the pools of blood.Nurses hurry about they are the final hope for the wounded .  And the flies wait to start the dance once more.As foolish children we played war.  Funny as I think back there wa...

The air is stillThe warmthTender and strongI know before I look outsideThe snow has comeNo movement at allNo soundJust snow fallingAnd feelings of loveWith tears that must not fallThe smiles and wordsThe happiness we share as oneKnowing always and believi...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

A Veterans Memory

yellow smoke swirling ahead

A Veterans Memory the wop wop of rotorsin the clearing up front yellow smoke swirling aheadthe sing sing of lead flying around you and your mates welcome to a firefight as you bring outyour wounded ....... never leave anyone behind God Bless all that have...

A day in the life of a farmer part 1

This is a glimpse of a days work on a farm

The farm where I am currently working has a milking herd of around 50 milking cows, consisting of British Friesians and Dairy Shorthorns. We also have a few beef animals on the farm, which will eventually get sold at the market when they reach around 20 m...

This story starts at the beginning of my senior year at Kent State. I was majoring in Physics and I was taking some high level courses. At the start of my second to the last semester before I was scheduled to graduate I was taking Electro-magnet Theory I...

Growing Up Ranch Chapter 12 My SchoolJust as I had a ranch version of other things, I also had "ranch" school. (No escaping it, IT'S THE LAW!!) I had the good fortune to attend Fawcett School, one of the Rural District Nineteen public schools. From the na...

I'm naked and it's hot even though the ceiling fan is turning. I'm in bed. That's good. In bed sweating, and my mouth is parched like I had eaten a couple tablespoons of flour before I made my way here. The day's already warm and the sun is coming through...