Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

Karma

A chance meeting with one that rejected me.

This memory concerns an attractive blond named Elaine. I never saw her in a dress or skirt that wasn't a mini and her feet were always clad in high heel boots and shoes. Her blouses all featured plunging necklines offering a view of her breasts and the to...

My head hurts My muscles ache My whole body is in a terrible state I call for you You come each time Give me comfort And ease my mind Taking my meds And eating a meal Then in your arms I go once more I am asleep at the drop of a hat When I wake I find you...

Anonymous

September

Some day you will know how much I love you

You know its September The hot days and the cold nights We were tucked under the thick blankets Laughing, giggling, smiling and chatting Me at my place And you, at yours Yet I felt very close to you Each time you called I persuaded you to talk more Your w...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

I give My heart to keep I give My arms for shelter I give My all My everything Now and forever I take Your heart to cherish I take Your name with pride My love My darling My husband I shall love you Till the end of time

 He went on his knee And asked me to be his wife The sparkle in his eyes His smile so true and real My simple yes was all it took To make our dreams come true We knew it was for always Our souls forever joined He is my other half I accept with pride My ma...

Beware of Barefooting: a cautionary tale

About the close encounter of the worst kind between my bare foot and a pile of chicken manure

Over on a web site for the blind I often infest, someone said the recently passed first day of May, in addition to being May Day and Beltane, had also been something called ‘Barefoot Day’. To this I felt compelled to reply as follows, sort of:As for that...

Him

Why can't you forgive me for being me?

In my dreams last night I found myself sitting at the dining room table. Like so many times years ago, my report card spread open on the table in front of you. Your fingers again grasping my dreadlocks, tightening more and more as you continued your verba...

He came from out of nowhereHis eyes as cold as iceI saw the knife in his handHe turned it around twiceHe had been watching me he saidAs I came out of class at nightSaid I remembered him of herBefore she took her lifeHe saw the fear in my eyesA tear goes d...

WARNING: Very coarse language used in two places in the dialog. Be warned. With the holidays approaching I recalled this memory and wanted to share it.So here I am headed to a Christmas party at the house of one of the school bus drivers. Yes, I drove a s...