Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

I wake to the stillness My eyes still tightly closed I hear the softly humming Of the ac unit close My first though is of you You're very near me I smile as I hear you Making noises as you do The grunts and sounds you make As you settle into slumber Your...

I am crazy about youMad about you tooYou are on my mindBoth day and nightYou're my gift from aboveI smile at your laughterI shake for your touchWhen you sing to meI like it very muchThere is nothing to compareWhen you hold me closeYour breath in my hairYo...

Mama Didn’t Show Me How to Cope - Chapter 1

How much can one write if their memories are a single blur?

I had about five minutes to think this over. Picture this: I’m sitting in the bathroom taking a dump, I have a case of diarrhea and stomach cramping due to having a stomach infection that occurred right after I returned from my trip to Mexico during sprin...

Mama Didn’t Show Me How to Cope

How much can one write if their memories are a single blur?

I.Depression /dəˈpreSH(ə)n/ noun A mental condition characterized by feelings of severe despondency and dejection, typically also with feelings of inadequacy and guilt, often accompanied by lack of energy and disturbance of appetite and sleep. This is jus...

Welshdreamer42

Buttercup

A treasured moment

I’m not very good at drawing. I can get by, but it’s not exactly my strong point. That being the case, to be able to look back and say, “I won a prize for my artwork,” is quite an achievement.Admittedly, it wasn’t a huge competition that provided me with...

A gift from Mom and Dad A gift of love so deep A promise of a lifetime She calls her good luck piece The shopping trip a memory That makes the heart swell with pride The worry if she would like it If it was just the right kind No need to ever guess Put al...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Reminded of A Series of Dreams

This one was started in 2011, and was really published in an anthology

Standing here on a wooded ridge feeling the fine drizzling rain in my face here in the North Country Fair, and feeling as if I had wiped the dust from my hands and the sleep from my eyes and being aware of changes taking place. As I find myself standing h...

Serious Moonlight 1: A Few Nocturnal Reflections

This is one from the archives, and was written some time ago.

Standing here against a wall slumped in defeat after having heard every word that had been said that night, when an ear to the wall was nothing more than a twist of fate to have been able to hear all that those voices said. And it has been said that stick...

Anonymous

Not Good Enough

All those expectation, I hope they never come true.

I remember when I was a child, the fear and pounding of my heart when I had grades lower than a C. How ashamed I felt when you gave me that look of disappointment, and told me that I was better than this, because my brothers never had anything lower than...

Kith, Kin & Atrocities

Satire yet philosophical; the atrocities by his kith & kin while a man is admitted in hospital

Have you ever seen God?! But I have seen many times!!Now my father is doing absolutely fine but few years ago, that morning around 5.45 AM, I got a phone call from my cousin who said my father is sick. What could happen to a person with whom I talked, in...