Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

Fading Ink - A Mother's Memoir

Though the ink has faded with time, the memory will always remain sharp and clear.

It was Halloween weekend, just a little over two months before Katy passed away and we were spending it in one of Katy's favorite places. Asheville, North Carolina, about 100 miles from our home. My mother was in town from Florida, and my eldest sister ha...

You have always felt it Something inside Always with you A heartbeat away Then two hearts meet The souls join The happiness and joy Immediately take over Temporary interruptions Are small worries A matter of time To reflect on your love A smile A laugh A...

They were in a hurry That is why they left so early The fog was thick She didn't see the truck Only the sound of the horn As it came up behind her It happened so fast But in slow motion too They felt the bump She didn't know what to do Calling out his nam...

Humor from the road.

Some stories and comments you really shouldn't share.

Traveling across the US with a group of talented actors was one of the best jobs I ever had. In between shows we lingered backstage swapping stories from our younger days. One of the funniest stories related to us came from one of the girls; it concerned...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Peeping Tom

A story my stepdaughter told me.

A cute little tale with a hint of naughtiness...Despite my divorce from my first wife, I stayed in contact with her and her two daughters. They knew if there was a problem that needed my particular brand of problem solving that I was just a phone call awa...

Do you miss me As much as I miss you The way your eyes look into mine Always smiling as they do The sound of your laughter The way you sing to me I know some things are temporary And subjected to change But one thing is true As true as day turns to night...

When you're pregnant you repeat the same cliche over and over. I don't care if it's a boy or girl, I just want a healthy baby. A cliche, but a true one. Luckily my first son was born healthy. Son number two encountered some problems on the way into the wo...

Here we sit You and me Just the way We want to be Sitting together Just us two Sitting here To watch and see Just the way We were meant to be

Summer daysFilled with sunFilled with heatFilled with funThe summer nights Have stars shining brightSummer showersThe lazy hoursFlowers and trees growingBirds and bees All doing as mother nature toldThe pure joy of watching a new birthAs animals are bornT...