Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

Lowenna 2: The secrets of light and darkness, Chapter 27

Is Lowenna's first vision about to come true? The Hunter is after her.

Chapter 27 HuntedThe mist was flowing through the stone paths keeping low, so it was hard to see the floor, and the air was cool and damp.  Lowenna was experiencing deja-vu.  She rounded another corner, nearly slipping on the slick floor.  Stopping for a second to catch her breath, she could feel her heart pumping.  She knew couldn’t stay here for long.   She was being hunted.  The fear she had been experiencing was getti...

Lowenna and the secrets of light and darkness, Chapter 26

Lowenna is alone, and the hunter is coming for her. What is the sorce of Darcarial's power

Chapter 26 Praise the Elf God Dalelana.Rique was trying to keep her eyes out for any other traps as she lead the group of five.  She couldn't help thinking what had happened was her fault they had lost Lowenna, and then Azmil so soon after.  She had convinced everyone to come here.  She was so sure this was the right course of action, but now, she was starting to doubt it.  She didn't know how far or where the crystal was...

Lowenna and the Secrets of Light and Darkness, Chapter 25

Darcarial isn't the only threat in hymdale

Chapter 25 A Child of Ebrus "Wenna!"  Grilk shouted, but again there was no reply.  Talia was crying, and Rique was trying to convince Callan to let her climb down after her friend."Look I feel for you, but she is either dead or trapped down there.  We have to find that crystal to save everyone else, or have you changed your mind about why we came down here?"  Callan said, keeping his face emotionless.Rique went to protes...

Lowenna and the Secrets of Light and Darkness: chapter 24

Lowenna is getting weeker by the second, can she hold on and save not only herself but everyone else

Chapter 24 Passageways and trapsLowenna had been told that Callan didn't trust her with a weapon. Which annoyed Lowenna, as she needed something to defend herself.Talia had given her some plain clothes, and Rique had stayed to help her. "I am fine Rique," Lowenna said for the third time."No, you not, a lot has happened to you and your magic gets weaker every moment. We have to find this crystal and destroy it."Lowenna slo...

Lowenna and the Secrets of light and darkness: chapter 23

Grilk and Rique are back, (and just in time) but can they save Lowenna

Chapter 23 In Her MindIt was dark and cold where Lowenna was. She turned a corner and started running again. She had been here before, running through dark passageways, trying to keep ahead of the lion creature. Something was different. She kept getting glimpses of a beautiful dark haired woman. She knew this woman but couldn't place from where. "Run Lowenna," a dark echoing voice called out, causing Lowenna to run even f...

Moonlight Requiem: Part One

A young woman becomes addicted to enchanted faerie music

 Part OneWynn woke up to the sound of Clair De Lune resonating all throughout the big, empty house. It wound its lonely way up the stairs, through every hallway, until it came to rest gently in her ears, in her mind. Each note rang clear and clean like the flow of a river at night.She threw off the covers and sat up. Streams of moonlight poured through the window as if summoned as a testament to the song. She thought of t...

Lowenna and the secrets of Light and Darkness: chapter 22

Who will find Lowenna, and what happened to Azmil.

Chapter 22 search for LowennaRique had seen Lowenna crash and was running through the streets. Grilk was just behind her while carrying all the bags and weapons. It had only been by chance she had looked up and seen the flying woman, which she had just known was Lowenna, the bright pink wings had been a big clue."Why we run?" Grilk mumbled grumpily. He didn't like running. Orcs weren't made for running, as he had told eve...

Lowenna And The Secrets Of Light and Darkness: chapter 21

Lowenna is of to the palace to try and save her friend and the lawmen, but what dangers lie ahead

1Chapter 21, Entering The PalaceLowenna noticed the sun was starting to set as she slid down the rope from the window to the alleyway. Azmil landed beside her, “We head for the palace, sneak in and try and find out what happened to your friend and the other lawmen.”“Agreed,” Lowenna said with a nod. Azmil was more serious now and showed real determination, which Lowenna had only seen when he had been trying to capture or...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Lowenna 2 and the secrets of light and darkness: chapter 20

Lowenna finally gets some sleep and time to heal, but what dangers lay ahead.

Chapter 20, Visions of tomorrowsWhen Lowenna opened her eyes she was no longer in the lovely comfortable bed, but lying on the hard ground “Dreamscape,” she whispered to herself, hoping she had at least rested for a little while. She slowly got up. It was dark. Lowenna could see one of the moons high above her, while the clouds hid the other.Lowenna looked around to find she was at the bottom of the stairs, which lead to...

Lowenna 2 and the secrets of light and darkness: chapter 19

Lowenna got her crystal back. She is low on magic, has lost rune and now... lets make it intresting

Chapter 19 Unmasked lawmanThe rain had stopped. Both of Orkenza's moons were on show, and the first sign of the new sun was just starting to show.Lowenna had been keeping to the shadows, trying to stay out of sight. At the moment she was watching the Doc Side Inn. The Lawmen knew she had a room there. She had lost her boots, her cape, her money and her weapons. All she had left a stolen robe a pair of sandals, her crystal...

Lowenna and the secrets of Light and Darkness: chapter 18

Lowenna escaped from the deapts of the city but its not safe above ground either

Chapter 18 The New Followers Of The QueenLowenna cut through the bolt that held the grating in place and slowly with all of her strength, moved the grating enough to get out of the shaft.The room, she found herself in, was large, with only one doorway leading out. Inside was a large stone fireplace. The fire was roaring, giving enough light to see.Lowenna’s clothes were damp, slimy and the smell was that of rotting fish....

Chapter 17. The Layer Of Darkness.  Lowenna returned to the place where she had last seen the creature with her crystal. Instinctively Lowenna went to touch it to illuminate the world. Then she cursed to herself that it wasn't there. She activated her light shield to help her see the high rooftops where the creature had escaped. After carefully scanning the area, she noticed some wispy material fluttering in the breeze. S...

Chapter 16 The girl with sparkling golden hairRune had used the time wisely and had almost everyone free, "Are you just going to stand there or help me?" she asked, showing some irritation towards Lowenna. Lowenna glanced over at her before looking at the dead orc again. There was a moment of silence only broken by another slave being freed before Lowenna went over to help. Rune passed her an unusually shaped key, with th...

Valkyrie Rising

Loosely based on Norse Mythology

There are moments to live, and to die along with there being people being both good, and evil which go hand in hand with the moment to stand and fight. For all from the; soldier, civilian, martyr, and victim. Not to mention all the others like the; prophet, pariah, liar, sinner, saint, fool, and sages. It becomes a moment of truth and a baptism in fire in most cases down to the last one standing on either the right or the...

BookBoy and the Library of Alexandria: After The End

He loved books. So did she. And that was how the world was rebooted.

Once upon a time, there lived a boy who loved only books.Comic books, textbooks, crime noir, Westerns, romance, classics, pop-science, esoterica, ancient philosophy and mythology. Trilogies, prequels, sequels, reboots, stand-alone, shared worlds. If it had ink and paper, he'd read it. And he had his favourites, oh yes – but Bookboy knew better than to judge a book by its cover. So he gave every book a chance, and he read...