Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

La Leyenda del Zorro de Oro

Boston Argonauts search for legend of Golden Fox

La Leyenda del Zorro de Oro (The Legend of the Golden Fox) CHAPTER 1 -- The Legend When the first Spanish explorers entered southwestern North America, the legend was already well known among the various Indian tribes of the area. The legend said there was a golden statue of a fox high up in the mountains, and that anyone who found it would become fabulously rich. The story of how the statue came to be went like this. The...

A Fairy Tale chapter three

Humans in the land of magic

This is the third chapter of an ongoing story You may not understand it unless you start at the first chapter They walked to the Ladies. The Queen looked at Art. “What did you tell him Oberon? He has a look on his face like the whole world is going to end.” “Yes, he does look a little peaked, but with what he's gone through the last few days I think he has the right. A few days rest will perk him up. Lady Aletta, will you...

A Fairy Tale chapter two

A human in the land of magic

This is the second chapter of an ongoing story You may not understand it unless you start at the first chapter Art turned to Rodel and Lani and asked, “Okay, now what?” “ Oh no, Art. You're not rid of me yet.” stated Lord Cyral, “You and I have many items to go over before I'm done here. Do you think I didn't notice how closely you followed when I cast the spell to open the gate between our worlds? Come, let's talk as we...

A Fairy Tale

Humans in Underhill

I plan this to be the first chapter of an ongoing saga if it's liked Art looked up through the drizzle and inspected the sky, then turned to his companion and said, “We better get off the water, Tom. It doesn't look good — it's getting real black over there and the wind's picking up.” The other man in the canoe replied, “I was just going to say the same. I think I heard some thunder a moment ago, too. It'll be close to qu...

Child of Promise Chapter 1: Wake

I am being lied to. But who is the liar, and who is telling the truth? Who am I?

Fire. It was bright. Fire burned. But this didn’t. What did that mean? Clank. Clank. Clankclank. Indistinct sounds, unpleasant but with a sense of fierce satisfaction. Ache, heavy, but comforting. What was this?   Shhhhhhhhhhhhh……the voice of wind rushing, hissing. Whirling in a vortex around a dim figure, blurred by the tempestuous air. Small, large, small, large, no constant. There is a voice, calling, calling…. Where i...

Ocean Realm

The Prologue of a novella on whale life in the ocean.

Prologue - The Blue Realm “Humans – like us - are mammals descended from the same ancestors. Unlike us - they have come to believe that intelligence sets them apart and gives them dominion. This false belief in their importance is enhanced by their most corrosive trait - greed. Man chose the path of violence to dominate the land. Whales chose the path of peace in the ocean. Now man’s greed has brought him to a precipice....

The Linden Tree Sessions 3 and 4

The Healer's journey continues with an impromptu lesson

Despite the wilder’s assurance that I didn’t need my herbs, I scrambled to retrieve what I could while keeping half an eye on the creature who had stolen my food. Looking closer at him, I could see how thin he was. It was no wonder then why he was searching me for food and had discarded my herbs. The wilder was half starved it seemed. He was missing teeth and what teeth he had were black with decay. What I had at first ta...

Lightning struck the ancient linden tree five days ago. The scar was still smoldering when I left the village yesterday, even though Elder Jared had tried his best to heal the wound. He said that the tree is dying and that if it passes, it will mean the end of our village. The elder has said that the tree has lost its glow, that we are doomed and must atone before the end. He was still sitting before the tree, head bowed...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

A World Without Me Chapter 2

Questions are the only thing on Avery's lips.

Chapter 2: The Girl With No Voice Belljno laughed so hard that he had to clutch his ribs. "Humans! Oh, they can be a comical bunch!" he mocked. I could feel my rage build up like acid from my stomach, just waiting to vomit up in one big violent blow. Yet, it never came to that. Tabby shook his head and told me just to ignore him. I must have stood there dumbfounded for a long time. "What do you mean by one hundred and six...

A World Without Me

Avery thought he was just a cat.

Prologue I breathed out heavily as I turned the key and entered my rundown apartment. Every evening seemed to start this way. Only tonight there was something different. "In you come," I coaxed, and the small black cat went through my legs into my home. The cat had no collar nor had I seen it before. I picked it up just after I had left work, he seemed hungry and was very skinny. I felt sorry for the thing, so out of the...

Illfyfel Pier

A fragment of one of the tales of Illfyfel is translated

It was the wettest day of the year. The rain splattered down, thumping into the proud roses until they drooped their newly-humbled heads, forcing the baby bees to stay at home and swarm all over each other until their fathers gave them short, stinging slaps and told them to settle down. It was, it must be said, a day for fishing.But the poor old Magic Dragon, in his many, many travels, far and wide and back again, had onl...

Heavenly Undead

Story of betrayal and romance

Heavenly Undead By: Christy Dill Prologue Romania 1940 it was the middle of WWII, my name is Perciosa, I’m 18 years-old and the lord’s best warrior angel. I have been sent down to Earth, along with my best friend, Claira. Our Mission : to destroy all lycans and vampires. Inorder to do this we had to take down their leaders…Dracula and Delgado. That’s when my life changed forever. The Ultimate Transformation As I made my w...

Michelle I

Michelle tries to get out of the house

This is my first time and comments are allowed. I just had my breakfast and was leaving the table when the butler walked up to me. “Good morning ma, will you be going for your daily walk today?” he asked. “Yes, I will” I replied. “Then I will alert the driver.” “No Stephen, I’ll be going alone.” “But ma your...” “Hold it there.” “The last time this happened you ended up in the hospital and you know what your dad will say,...

Little Bird

A little bird's fragile heart is captured, but her songs are not enough

There was once a little bird and she lived free and explored the world. If someone offered her a crumb she would sing and fly for them to make them smile. Late one spring, she found someone who loved her songs and the shimmering sun on her wings so much he would come every day to his window with crumbs of cake to encourage her back. Some days she came, other days she flew around elsewhere, doing other things. She alighted...

The Tenth Vote

A squad of hot girlie lesbian warriors face the ultimate battle with storiesspace.

How proud I am of my four Amazons as I watch them troop wearily back from another hard fought sortie in the brutal categories of storiesspace. With six votes they think they've failed me, but their bleeding wounds are a testament to their fearless endeavors and loyalty.They are my Invincibles, they fight with words and charge screaming into battle dressed in loin cloth skirts and leather strap sandals on their feet. Chain...