Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

Phantom Wars Chapter 27

The God tournament ends and friends move on.

Chapter Twenty-seven: Farewell Marry and Picario quickly leapt to opposite sides as the Diablo raised his foot and tried smashing it down on them. A powerful gust of wind from the force of his stomp alone blew against Marry and Picario hard, kicking up dust in their eyes. The two squinted and then simultaneously took high to the sky. As they gained height the Diablo swung his fist at Picario. Picario barley managed to tel...

Elementals Chapter 6

A new protagonist emerges.

Draco stood on far end of the boat looking ahead to see if he could see Aeon Toris from afar. It was very early and the sun was still set, but Draco was always an early riser. He was a very young man, six years old, with short raven black hair that ran straight. He and his father were on a boat taking them from Saeyune to Aeon Toris and he was too young to remember his first visit there, so now as they were getting closer...

Phantom Wars Chapter 26

The greatest tournament battle begins

Chapter Twenty-six: The God Tournament It had been several months since Ethan’s dad had moved on. Gradually Ethan had returned to his normal self but the tournaments were forever changed. With David gone there was a massive power vacuum in them that was constantly struggling to be filled. The tournaments became more chaotic then ever as the strongest competed for first place and those below them competed for the top nine...

Elementals Chapter 5

Noah travels to the city at last.

Chapter Five Before Noah could say anything more Primordious had already pulled him into the storm clouds and he was struggling to keep up. He couldn’t see even an inch in front of him; he tightened his grip on the Ethereal allowing it to guide him. From time to time he would encounter wet patches of the clouds and become soaked. Other times he would feel a discharge of static all around him and would suddenly be whisked...

Phantom Wars Chapter 25

The lost truth comes forth at last.

Chapter Twenty-five: Dark Truths It was four days since the Reapers tournament and Ethan had yet to go see his dad. He spent all that time just wandering around earth aimlessly. Finally he grew bored of that and decided to return to the mansion. Ethan went straight to his room when he got inside the mansion; it was empty again, no Picario. Ethan sighed sadly and lay down on his bed. He closed his eyes for a moment but man...

Elementals Chapter 4

Noah continues his interaction with the elemental as his journey contunues.

Chapter Four Noah woke up feeling a thousand times better than he did before. He began to think everything that happened to him was all a strange dream; when he saw a card floating in the air slowly spinning around. He took the card and found an illustration of the lightning ethereal on one side. A moment later the voice spoke inside his head again, “I will keep a telepathic link open at all times between us so that we ma...

After they finished eating, Crow gathered up the dishes and took them to the sink. “Do you wanna play some card games or something while you wait?” Will looked over from the table to the sink, “Wait? For what?” Crow shrugged a bit. “Well, for the okay that you can leave. I’m sure I can find a deck of cards laying about somewhere.” Will thought it over a moment. Playing games sounded like a decent distraction, but it wasn’...

Phantom Wars Chapter 24

People change, and not always for the better.

Chapter Twenty-four: Ethan Alaster the Nightmare King After leaving the museum Ethan tossed aside the clothes he was using for wraps and started rubbing the weird sap from the plant Merry gave him on his wound. Then he put on a new cloth to cover his wound that Marry also brought him. “So what this is the actual Washington D.C. in the living world?” Picario asked. “Yes.” Ethan said. “So then what does it mean?” Picario as...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Phantom Wars Chapter 23

A deeper look into the battlegrounds of the tournaments.

Chapter Twenty-three: The Museum of National History Ethan stood inside the weapons shop admiring all the different types of swords and knives there were. He hardly needed a new weapon now, but he decided maybe it couldn’t hurt to have something better. Part of him wanted to buy the coolest looking sword in the shop, but he was too proficient with knives so he instead bought another twin pair of them. They cost him twenty...

Elementals Chapter 3

Noah's Apprenticeship concludes and he sets out on his journey.

Chapter Three Outside the rain was pouring but Bran had taken Noah out there to practice magic spells anyways. He put up a stone arch with a wide ceiling over their heads so they didn’t get soaked while Noah practiced. Just ten yards in front of him was a stone statue that Bran had Noah practice trying to destroy with whatever spell he could think of. Naturally Noah used Lightning spells but he always missed the statue ea...

Phantom Wars Chapter 22

Ethan's potential starts to reveal itself to him.

Chapter Twenty-two: Mind Games Marry didn’t know what happened to Ethan while he was gone, but when he returned to her room for more training he was more determined than she ever saw to become stronger. In the following weeks he became incredibly adept at anticipating Marry’s next attacks and avoiding it. But he made no real progress on his illusionary skills, until two months time when he made a breakthrough. It was duri...

Phantom Wars Chapter 21

A brief look into Davids side of the story.

Chapter Twenty-one: Wrath of the Puppet Master When Saturday came Ethan and Marry entered the grand tournament together. The portal on floor 99 took them to an expansive rocky mounts type of area. It was also filled with massive skeletons from enormous creatures, easily three times the size of a large elephant. The creature’s skeletons were long and wide and their spine resembled something strangely familiar to Ethan, but...

The opposites

A young Susan sees her life changing from day to night, everything changes in her life

Chapter 2-Discoveries “Wait that weird white light, was it you?” I asked him, guessing his answer. “Yes…that was me.” He answered me and then continue. “I saw you in there but I wasn’t sure that it was the person I was supposed to find.” “Who are you anyway?” I asked confused at this point. We where still at the door, he didn’t stop looking at me. “I was sent to help you. Even if we don’t usual help vampires, they sent me...

The Opposites

A young Susan sees her life changing from day to night, everything changes in her life

Chapter1-First encounters That day everything changed for me, I had to leave the sunny days for the cold nights. I had to lie to everyone I knew, and I felt bad about that, but I had no other choice. That day was so hard,I was so confused that I felt I want to end everything around me, but now I was in a different world, and it was not easy to end and I could never return to my old life. Now I was alone I had nobody that...

Elementals Chapter 2

Noah's tutorship takes him to an arena to see the Elementals in action.

Chapter Two The trip to Rozak by foot took a couple weeks. From time to time on the way there Bran would quietly mutter to himself complaining about not having a horse or something, Noah couldn’t always make out what he was saying. Noah continued practicing to gather energy from around him and convert it into lightning. Bran told him it wasn’t necessary but he didn’t complain when it slowed them down a little bit either....