Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

Lowenna 2 : The Secrets Of Light And Darkness, Chapter 5

Is Lowenna's luck about to change, has she seen the last of the Lawmen? Read on and find out

Chapter 5 the woman in the black hooded capeLowenna walked down the street until she found the turning and headed into the alleyway. She still felt a little apprehensive away from the crowd, as not only had she dreamt that a monster had chased and killed her in an alleyway, but she had also been attacked in the alleyways of Penbirth. She followed the path until she found the clearing. It was large with several doors and a...

Lowenna 2 : The Secrets Of Light And Darkness, Chap 4

Lowenna just jumped of a cliff!?!? how will she survive?

Chapter 4 To enter the cityThere were jagged rocks right below where Lowenna was falling, the sea was raging and looked cold and dark. There was very little chance of her surviving this fall. Images of friends and foes flashed before her eyes. She could feel the wind rushing past her. Lowenna opened her hands and spread her fingers wide, releasing her dagger and touched her crystal with her two middle fingers then swung h...

The Copper Knight III Jorden wasted no time explaining everything, soon as Derren and the other present captains were in his office. Including himself, there were only four other captains present, all of them had some sort of blood stains seeping into their white cloaks. "The Baron made an all-out semi-coordinated attack against us," Jordan explained. "In the last hour alone we have lost over twelve-hundred men, about two...

The Iron Rook VII "The Baron is dead," Derren reported to Duncan in the councilors quarters, when he finally got in to see him. Present with him was Gerald, Mira was busy that morning. "Thanks to an anonymous man, we think someone who was close with him but betrayed him, we received his severed head. Afterward, we reclaimed the lost districts in the city and his rampant followers were far more easily dealt with. We still...

Lowenna 2 : The Secrets Of Light And Darkness, chapter 2

Lowenna is getting close to Hymdale. but is there more danger ahead for our heroin

Chapter 2 the Water Wheel InnLowenna approached the inn cautiously. Did she dare stop for one moon? A man suddenly ran out the door, "Come in and rest, it has been a while since we had any riders stay." Lowenna glanced back at the track she had been following. If the Lawmen were after her, would they catch her if she spent one moon in the inn?Lowenna looked at the man, "I will take you up on your hospitality, but will nee...

The Grey Bishop III Edward moved away the floor boards accessing his secret hiding spot, where he stored his most valuable stuff. He grabbed the small brown linen pouch and opened it to find four coppers. He punched the hard floor in rage; there had to be more. He couldn't get far with just this much when leaving the city right away.Desperately he dug through the dirt searching for any coins he may have dropped in there b...

The Iron Rook VI For years Duncan had to contend with the thorns at court, threatening to prick him and the others with their poisoned tips and finish them off. The day they first arrived they had come with a small army, intent on overthrowing Duncan and doing to him what he did to the Riverlords. But Duncan managed to keep them at bay by closing the gates of the castle to them, and securing the entire force of the Skyclo...

Lowenna 2 : the secrets of light and darkness

Last time Lowenna was heading for Hymdale city, fleeing the Lawmen

Lowenna book 2 the secrets of light and darknessChapter 1 JIBRANZ ZAFA THE THIRDJibranz entered the new royal temple. He didn’t understand why they needed a new royal temple in Hymdale. The king, queen and their children lived far away on the mainland. None of the royal household had come to Hymdale city since Jibranz had been born. His father Jibranz Zafar the second had seen the king and the king before him, but only on...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Waelon and the Weed-puller

A wylie faerie aristocrat becomes curious toward a Sighted mortal

Part One“Does iron really burn you?”Waelon swiveled his head to look down at the tiny human girl as she stared up at him with big, unblinking brown eyes.“You see me,” he stated.The girl nodded thrice, her caramel-colored locks bouncing around her face. She could not have been older than eight. “Does it hurt to touch it?” she asked.Waelon rotated himself where he sat on the edge of the stone wall, so he fully faced her. “S...

"Gone, what do you mean gone?" Edward asked Madam Fiona. "I mean Lisa is gone darling, she'd been saving up for a time now." "I don't understand. I thought... I mean," he shook his head. "You thought she loved you? Come darling, you're smarter than that." The madam was right, he was smarter than that, he knew she didn't truly love him. But it was fun to play pretend for a time. That didn't mean it wasn't painful for him....

The Iron Rook V It all went according to plan, nearly everything to the detail, with every member of the Royal Guard under the influence of Sage Ordon. The secret coupe was done silently in the castle grounds, by the royal guards, the men Duncan had brought with him (Gerald too), and the Riverlords and their men. They overwhelmed the king's guard on duty that eve, all but one, of course, a new member who was on his one da...

TheCopper Knight II Derren found himself at the Westcher for the second time within a fortnight. The first time was for William, and now William's house had been burned down, with two female corpses found inside the remains. They were blackened and charred, and entirely unidentifiable. Derren couldn't even tell they were female, not until the Grey Sage told him.The lanky old man spoke so quietly Derren struggled to hear h...

Gambits - The Grey Bishop I

A new piece is set on the board

The Grey Bishop I The Baron Delight, that’s what they were calling this little pink candy that Edward was selling in this winding alley for two coppers to anyone who wanted it.He pulled out one of Treat's from his sleeve and unwrapped it, holding it in his palm staring at the pink round candy. Just one of these would take away all his worries and make him feel better than a woman ever could: for a time. He shook his head...

Gambits - The Copper Knight I

A familiar face returns, see how his story began.

The Copper Knight I Derren watched helplessly as his father grew worse every day, now no longer able to leave his bed, he lay there getting sicker and sicker. When he came home after work he went to bed without a word or food, just collapsed on top of the straw bed. He slept for two days straight and then when he woke he was weak and could hardly move about, let alone work.Soon enough their food storage ran out, the coin...

The Iron Rook IIIAfter the feast, everyone was shown to their sleeping quarters. Duncan couldn't help but notice that not only were his quarters in the castle much larger than his own back at his castle but much fancier as well. The frame for the bed was made from Rosewood and had lush dark-purple velvet curtains attached to the top with metal rings around them to slide easily. Had his wife been alive to join him this day...