Find your next favourite story now
Login

Action Stories

Our action category is for those who enjoy stories filled with adventure and excitement.

This genre revolves around explosive scenes and fast-paced plots.

Common themes include martial arts, car chases, extreme sports and combat.

Vietnam DMZ 1968

This is a short story that is the first two chapters of a book I have almost finished.

Vietnam DMZ 1968 - A Flashback It was over in less than a minute. The fog was mixed with the smell of gunpowder. It’s the kind of smell that gets up you’re nose - puts the hairs on end. Nick’s squad knew, when he threw out the white phosphorous grenade -...

Mark One Off The Bucket List

We all have things on our bucket list right?

We all have things on our bucket list, or have made the comment I could that right? Have you ever tried something you thought would be neat but wasn't. Well this is a true story of one of those occasions in my life.  So I ask has anybody here seen the mov...

When I was a kid my mom told me storiesabout battles between Angels and Demons and how this one Heroic angel gave his life to say his wife and child from an evil , evil demon and I remember always thinking I wish that was my daddy... or something dumb lik...

The Shayne Lesley Blathers interview. “Hi, this is Shayne Lesley Blathers, with The News-On-Novels, a fabricated news and fictitious character review. Today, we are chatting with some of the characters of a new novel that has been in the works for a while...

A New Beginning

Being rewarded with freedom after a risky escape, is a good reason to celebrate.

“Pst, Anna, can you hear me?”Antonio pushed himself closer into the muddy ground as he crept through the dark underbrush.“Anna, where are you?”Suddenly he heard a squeaking sound.A small animal?There it was again. The voice sounded human.“Anna?”Then he sa...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

How I Met Your Mother Ch 3: Love Bullets

The past intrudes upon the present...

How I Met Your Mother: Love & Bullets Thursday, 9:34 am His fingers fumbled with the lid of the bottle of water. Eventually, they managed to open it and pour the cool liquid down his throat. As Andrew Hargreaves swallowed, he noticed his wife watching him...

Special

With great power comes...

Author's Note: I thought I'd try writing something inspired by superhero comics...so here goes nothing! SPECIAL I've been told that I'm special – right now, I don't quite see it. I'm in a basement of a building filled with dead men. They don't know it yet...

How I Met Your Mother Ch 2: Mother's Day

Leah recieves an unwelcome visitor...

How I Met Your Mother: Mother's DayIt was one of those traditional Friday afternoons as far as the traffic was concerned. The speakers located in the door frames of the green Toyota SUV vibrated heavily to a pounding drum and baseline as Andrew Hargreaves...

How I Met Your Mother

A simple story of every day domestic bliss...

How I Met Your Mother“No, no, that’s okay – I’ll have the final draft finished by then so you can come by and pick it up.” Andrew Hargreaves said as he cradled the telephone in the crook of his neck. On the other end of the line was his editor and agent,...