Find your next favourite story now
Login

Supernatural Stories

Supernatural stories include themes such as vampires, werewolves, witches, myths, paranormal activity and ghosts.

Spine-tingling, chilling tales can revolve entirely around mythical characters or depict non-human creatures interacting with mortals in everyday life.

Vampire Justice Part 21

Gwen meets Quinn and Anna

Anna tightly hugged the unicorn's neck, as Gwen and Quinn descended the slight rise before they shifted. The fact they held hands gave Anna hope that Quinn finally found someone to love and accompany. He was alone since his steady girlfriend died at the hands of a vampire. Her death sparked the trip to observe the VJS in action in solving preternatural crimes. He hoped to learn as much as he could to set up a VJS in Kiev....

I knew he loved me. He treated me better than most young men did their wives in our village. But I couldn't help but envy the admiration he had for Amaka. Sometimes I felt like he adored Amaka more than he did me. Amaka was the most loved soldier in our village, and it didn't take a prophet to see it. As I heard screaming and clapping, I knew why my husband had left the room we often laid in together. The little children...

It was nearly midnight on Christmas Eve, and Sherry was slumped in a chair in the sitting room of her small cottage, lit only by the embers of the dying fire. She was feeling totally out of sorts, facing a Christmas Day on her own once again, which wasn't at all what she had planned.ooOooSherry was a secondary school teacher specialising in Natural History at a large comprehensive school in a rundown area of town. She had...

Anonymous

Rise and Fall Ch 15

I'm the spark they refused to conceive~ Avantasia

"Oh so Dia is here, thank you for establishing that, Kitten."  Fatima's cheek turned slightly red, "Kitten? What?" She abruptly shook her head, "what are you doing in my home?" She asked curiosity hinting at her tone. "Well Kitten, I am here for Dia, and you're her pet, are you not?" He gave her a taunting smirk. "I'm not a pet," she took the bait. Too easy, he sighed. The bathroom door opened behind him as Dia stepped ou...

Anonymous

Rise and Fall ch 14

Sweet dreams see you in the twilight zone~ Avantasia

The speed Dia flew down the roads was enough to satisfy even the most hardcore thrill junkies. Her heart hardly increased a beat; the white Camaro was decent enough, but by far isn't one of Grey's best in his arsenal of vehicles. If he had chosen one of his best cars, she would have reached her destination far sooner while the sun dropped lower in the horizon. Little doubt she was farther ahead from Grey, he could arrive...

Dark Penance

Penance is an agent of the dark ones, collecting dark souls for his master to feed

Dark PenanceGeorge opened his eyes. He felt cold laying on a slab of cold stone. He glanced around, but it was too dark to make out anything except a solitary figure. He was tall, clean shaven and wore a long dark coat and a Fedora hat.The man had removed his hat and jacket before he spoke. “Do you know why you are here Mr. Richards?” he asked. George tried to sit up, but his body refused to move. He was exhausted. He had...

The Darkest Night - Part Six

Not all tales can be found in books, but all myths are born of truth.

“Nooo… what are you doing?” Mary called out, panic gripping her as she watched the scene before her unfold. The woman turned slowly to face her, her expression blank as she observed Mary with curiosity. She raised one hand toward Mary – the one that was not buried in the other girl’s blood-soaked chest – fingers curling slowly shut as she continued to study the girl who had interrupted her macabre ritual. Mary’s hand flew...

Anonymous

Rise and fall Ch 13

Close your eyes but I won't go away, we're there for you ~avantasia the Haunted

The world was a whir of green and brown as his feet felt like they were flying. Freedom was possible, he just had to make it out of this hell first. His steady breaths were calm as he dashed through the underbrush, ignoring the snags and cuts, calculating the best path for the fewest tripping hazards and less likely to be followed.  The man had ran for an hour straight, by now his pursuers should be dissuaded from their l...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Of Blue Blood and Enchantment

The preppy and the witch.

Bradley Carlisle was a bully, but it wasn’t emotional or physical abuse that had made him this way. To the contrary, he’d been pampered and idolized all his life.After all, he was a Carlisle.It was said that his ancestors were among the elites of the elite who sailed over on the Mayflower from the old country. Whether this was true, Bradley cared not one whit. He didn’t depend on ancient history to grasp his social value....

Vampire Justice Part 20

Gwen meets some new friends. Connie takes an active part in the case.

Connie listened as Slade spoke to Kevin. She had one more idea that might lead to more evidence against Molly and Carlo and maybe others. She wanted to tell Slade but knew that DD's was not the place to expound on future police strategy. She would wait until they were with Kevin and Eran at the station. Connie had not felt this good about an investigation since before suffering the effects of the blast at Gustaf's nightcl...

Vampire Justice Chapter 19

Connie gets into the investigation with Slade.

Diana met Raven and Carlo at the door to the pub and let them in locking the door after they entered. She led Raven to the special section where Molly sat eating breakfast. As Raven approached, Molly stopped eating, put down her utensils, looked up and smiled at the lawyer. "Welcome Raven, did you bring my wayward servant with you? I hope that you had no trouble getting him released from the VJS lock-up. Sit down, please....

Anonymous

Rise and Fall Ch 12

This was long overdue...

Dia stirred, opening her eyes to a pale blue sky and branches covered in delicate pink flowers that swayed in the breeze. The air was crisp, clearer, Dia sat up and stared out into the distance where the city stood out like a small blemish for the area surrounding it. She sensed the brooding presence of Grey lying beside her. "I thought I told you no." "I'm not a good listener," he mused, not bothering to open his eyes. "...

A Vampire's Lullaby Chapter 12

The moment before the end.

Chapter 12: Alex’s Final MomentsI opened my tired eyes, only to see myself."You woke up, Alex."I sat up, my thirst for blood beginning to overrun my control."Who are you?"My look alike helped me to my feet. "Can’t you tell?"I looked at the man once more, the painting of my dad appeared in my mind."You’re my-!""Alex. They need your help."He pointed past me into the air. I saw four vampires ripping each other to shreds. Two...

Black Chronicles Character Interview Continued

This is the character interview for an upcoming book I'm planning... Feedback welcome...

“Come step into my parlour,”  He says with charmed guile.    I swear that what I hear next is an animal growl, I deep-gutted primal sound that makes even Yohan break his stare and look toward the door. There’s another growl, then something crashing. That was sooo not your imagination, Zah. What the hell? What have you walked yourself into? The four brothers in the room exchange a look, Jae nods, then Yohan gets up and wal...

Black Chronicles Character Interview

This is the character interview for an upcoming book I'm planning... Feedback welcome...

  “Come step into my parlour,”    He says with charmed guile.    I shift my weight, the slats of the wooden bench a stark testament to how long I’ve been sitting out here. Am I even in the right place? I check the message on my phone one more time, even though the chances of it reading any different to the other thirty-something times I’d read it were slim to none... ‘Entrance to the park on 5th and Main, tonight at 7 pm....