Find your next favourite story now
Login

Science Fiction Stories

Science fiction stories depict imaginative, futuristic worlds populated by humans and non-human characters such as robots, aliens and mutant creatures.

The sci-fi genre often involves space travel and distant planets, with the only limit being the author's imagination.

If you love the sci-fi genre, submit your stories here or click on one of the links below to immerse yourself in another world.

Gravity, getting you down?

A scientist wrestles with gravity and fantasy

Crash! A cup hits the floor. Dregs of tea dashed across the tiled floor, the chaos momentarily organised by the gaps between the tiles. The rough semblance of order was maintained for a short while, and then chaos reigned as tea pooled over into the white square spaces once more. I was sure I put it on the edge of the bath securely? I had done it a thousand times before, same place, just at the corner by the shampoo. The...

A Legendary Tale Chapter Four

As the world ends, a small town man copes with survivial and loss

FourA few hours later, after Sadie had come home from work and Joel tried to whip up a light supper for them both, they settled in for the evening. Since it was Friday night, they had the rest of the weekend to enjoy together, except Sadie did have to work Saturday evening. As Sadie washed up, Joel checked to make sure the outside lights were off. Treaters were already out, some with parents, some alone. To Joel's surpris...

A Legendary Tale, Chapter Three

As a pandemic ends the world, a small town man copes with survival and loss.

ThreeCovered in sweat from head to toe and grass clippings from the knees down, he pushed the mower to it's usual spot underneath the old house's overhang in the back. He turned, thought about it, and quickly turned back the mower unscrewing the gas cap. Joel then retrieved the plastic gas can. Someone, he couldn't remember who had told him the if you fill the mower before storing it for the winter, it would be ready to g...

A Legendary Tale Chapters 0ne and Two

As a pandemic ends the world, a small town man copes with survival and loss.

Author Note: This story is written for the world that is created in the 2007 movie I am Legend. The elements of the film, including the creatures, are involved in this work but are creations of the authors and innovators of the film. Although this is an independent work, I must give credit to the world that this work is involved in. OneJoel brought a shaky hand up to his forehead without a second thought, trying to wipe t...

A Thousand Years to Live - Part two

We learn more about the 31st century

I wake up and am laying on a bed in the nurse’s room. When I open my eyes, the lights in the room are so bright that they burn my eyes, and I have to quickly shut them again. After a few seconds, I open my eyes again slowly making sure not to look at the lights on the roof. I hear someone moving around the room, and I carefully move my head and see the school nurse moving around the room. I carefully sit up on the bed, an...

SuperFriendly Newsletter: Heroics, Villainy and Venting

The newsletter that brings you the latest news and views on masks, mysteries and mayhem.

Greetings, one and all – it is I, Orl the Omniscient, coming to you from a well-hidden (and even more well-guarded) location, and I know you’re coming, so please just give it up, okay? Anyway, it’s been an interesting week in the weird and wonderful world of supers, and we here at SuperFriendly are happy to bring you some of the highlights.So read on, and find out what happens when some of the top names in villainy just c...

A Thousand Years to Live

Welcome to the 31st century

Chapter OneI look up at the sky and see a group of business people flying overhead on their jet packs. “Lavender, come on. We are going to be late,” My best friend, Hera, calls back to me from near the school gates. I race to catch up with her and we make it inside the school gates just as the bell rings. I give a sigh of relief, happy to have made it to school on time and avoid getting grounded for a month. I race off to...

Anonymous

Blood Roses After Dark Ch 5

Got a secret, can you keep it, swear this one you'll save. ~Secret by The Pierces

I stepped out of the house and began to head off to the play pit I seemed to keep returning there. Kurai answered every question without hesitation, and without sparing any details. I did not ask some because I knew he could not answer them. I do not know whom the man Isadora mentioned in my dreams, but I am beginning to suspect who he could possibly be. "The nanos come by from time to time too, searching for people, pref...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

I started to run towards the only exit, my feet pounding against the metal sending out further ringing vibrations into the gloom. A swarming cloud of a thousand metallic red and yellow brass insects arose in front of me as I ran headlong into the buzzing horde each with its knife-like stinger aimed at my body. It would seem that everything in the universe was out to either crash into me or stick me with needles rather mak...

The Vulture Chronicles

A woman has adventures in the far future along with her vulture companion.

Microstories: stories for people in a hurry Chapter 1 She looked over at Edgar. That 6 foot vulture walking beside her was entirely too big to continue to be fed by hand and he knew it. She checked her carrion supply. Some doggy bag! Well the bird was worth it. His loyalty would continue past her death, she laughed dryly at the thought. Edgar would be hurt if he was tuning in, but fortunately he was too busy digesting wha...

Fractured

Detective Arjan Heiko is accustomed to the darkness that lay beneath the surface of civilization.

These excerpts represent the some of the key concepts covered in the story, as well as my writing style. I am looking for feedback regarding how well this communicates the story, the characters, the settings and the conversations in a believable and understandable way. Chapter 1 Excerpt “This is a shithole,” Arjan said to nobody in particular. “As most tourist traps are,” Torre agreed. Almost subconsciously he added, “but...

Subject 01 - Chapter 1: Awakening

After waking up with no memory on a beach a young man struggles to survive and find out his past.

A young man with dark hair lies on a beach. He is clothed in a simple shirt, pants, and flimsy foot coverings like those from a hospital. As water laps upon the man’s brow and most of his torso, he seems to be agitated in sleep. The man begins to let out small, groggy, groans as he begins to start from another wave of water. The man’s eyes open as he gazes at clear blue sky with white fluffy clouds drifting across his vie...

Waypoint Five

Fleeing a devastating war a woman arrives at a distant colony with a mysterious cargo.

08/12/214 (Adjusted Calendar) You're not supposed to dream in frozen suspension. Certainly not a dream of a small child with your ship's engineer's eyes. The image flickered for an instant behind Mana's closed eyelids as the transparent cover of her tank spat open, simultaneously draining the freezing suspension fluid into a reservoir underneath her, the whirr of the pump motors more felt than heard through her fluid-fill...

SuperVillainy: The Incredible Adventures of Mister Impossible, Evil Mastermind

Every good supervillain deserves to have a blog to let off some steam...and launch his next scheme.

This is the personal blog of the ineffably, inestimably awesome Mister Impossible, Super-villain First Class, Mad Scientist, Master of Malevolent Magic, Soon-To-Be Master of The Universe. The views expressed by the author do not reflect the views of the Think Tank, the Lords of Injustice, the Royal Academy, or any other super-villainous or scientific organizations. For more information about Mister Impossible's dastardly...

Welcome to SuperForums

Superheroes ruin everything...even online forums.

Welcome to SuperForums, where the elite meet to relax and talk shop. Feel free to take a break from saving the world and chat with your fellow super-folks: discuss your latest arch-nemesis, read up on the most recent super-scientific breakthrough, share a new crime-fighting technique, or just talk about the weather (and which super-villain is controlling it this week). Please note that membership is by invitation only. If...