Find your next favourite story now
Login

Science Fiction Stories

Science fiction stories depict imaginative, futuristic worlds populated by humans and non-human characters such as robots, aliens and mutant creatures.

The sci-fi genre often involves space travel and distant planets, with the only limit being the author's imagination.

If you love the sci-fi genre, submit your stories here or click on one of the links below to immerse yourself in another world.

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 7A - Moment of Truth

Eduardo finally finds a person to talk to . . . his abductor

Without another word, Ripley ran down the corridor. Sarah followed in hot pursuit. Sarah’s lungs felt like they were going to give out on her. They stumbled into the lab to find the group scattered around the floor again. “What happened?” asked Sarah. “It’s gone!” said Selena. “That damn pscybotic is gone!” “How did that happen!?” asked Ripley, shocked. “I set the remote. She... was reprogrammed. How could she be gone?” “...

Fallout: Vault 186 Ch 4

Below ground wars don't end...they become more personal

  WEST ONE  They told him the badge would give away his affiliation, so he no longer wore it. Instead, Dennis Hsu had returned home in order to acquire a disguise; his civilian Vault 186 jumpsuit. V.S.P.F. jumpsuits bore a special insignia. On each arm, a golden police shield was stitched into the shoulder and in the center of that shield stitched in white were the numbers 186. It was a meeting that the police force wante...

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 6B - Somewhere Else

Sarah learns more about the future

“What do you mean... I haven’t changed a bit?” “Nothing,” she stood up from the other bed. “Wait... are you saying that... You know, I’ve meant to ask... where are the rest of us, like... from this time... from the future?” Ripley just blinked. “You knew me... from the future I mean. You just referred to me in the past tense.” “Sarah—” “Where am I? You told us the John Connor story about Sam. But what about me?” Ripley ro...

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 6A - Somewhere Else

Ripley tries to guide Sarah in accepting that she's in the future

10 YEARS AGO  July 22nd , 2030 – 22:37 A young Ripley was playing in her room. She knew that she should have been asleep, but this wasn’t the first time she’d disobeyed her parents. She heard footsteps on the staircase and immediately ducked under her covers. When she realized that the footsteps were going the wrong direction, she peeked and looked at the door. Nothing. Suddenly, thunder rumbled outside her window. She ju...

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 5B - Sommer's Project

After a timejump, five teenagers discover more about their nemisis species

The pscybotic was lying on top of Sam, too heavy for him to lift off. Sam looked over at Ripley who proceeded to talk into the remote like it was a two-way radio. “Stand up.” The pscybotic immediately stood up. It stood up straight as if it were at attention. Her nudity didn’t phase her at all. “You will not harm anyone in this room, understood?” “Understood.” The voice that came from the pscybotic was deeper than the ave...

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 5A - Sommer's Project

The Five teenagers learn more about their nemisis species

Sam was leaning on the tank again, trying to look into the window. The blue liquid was making it hard to tell what was inside, but looking at the dimensions of the tank and the location of the window it wasn’t hard to guess. When he concentrated on where the head should be, he wasn’t shocked to see two eyes staring back at him. “What’s in the tanks?” Sam’s question caught all of their attention. “Because I’m willing to be...

Adventures Across the Starways - Chapter 19

"Right.... I want you to tell me who you are and how you got on my ship!”

Sive opened her eyes to darkness, blinking a couple of times. She snarled silently to herself. “You bastard!”  She desperately pushed several buttons before frustration took over and she started hitting the controls. Nothing happened and she screamed out loud in frustration. She was trapped. She had no choice but to talk to the beast, "Murdock, listen to me. I can't open the damn door! I destroyed the control panel! Even...

Dream Journal

A Journal of my dreams about Aliens, UFOS, black helicopters, Satan, and futuristic things.

I used to have these two repeating dreams as a young girl . Dream 1 The dream would start at my grandma's home. I would be outside on the third top deck and there was a huge enormous dark helicopter arriving in the sky from afar . It was huge and dark. As it would come nearer it would get louder and louder. I understood that the helicopter was after me. I saw that the helicopter had tinted windows, so I couldn't see who w...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 4B - The Waves

Our heroes learn about how they ended up in the future

The group was ushered down the corridor of what looked like an old factory, with all the pipes and tanks scattered across the place. They entered into- what had to be a lab. There were computers; blueprint sketches and dismantled high-tech weapons all over the place. Dominating the sides of the room, were man-sized tanks with small windows that showed a blue liquid inside. Sam had a mind to ask what was in the tank but th...

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 4A - The Waves

Our heroes find out the truth about where and when they are

Many hours had passed, not that Sam could tell how many, but the plane had eventually touched down. Sarah and Selena had been quiet the rest of the trip, and the Latino Loner had suspended himself to praying in Spanish. Doug, on the other hand, was doing his best to make conversation with Sam. Sam knew that it was mostly because he was nervous, though Doug would never admit it. When the plane finally came to a stop, Riple...

Fallout: Vault 186 Ch 3

Below ground wars don't end...they become more personal

THE INVESTIGATION Lieutenant Jacob Brittle of the Vault Security Police Force grimaced at the sight of the destroyed upper eastern bloc reactor station of Vault 186. Two weeks had passed since the overload catastrophe that claimed the lives of over half of the technicians assigned to the power hub.Jacob was a tall, well-built man; about six and a half feet with short, bright red hair and a large forehead decorated with se...

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 3 - No Place Like Home

After the impossible happens, five teenagers find themselves in the future where dangers lerk

36 HRS EARLIER  October 9 th, 2040 04:45 ‘What do you think, Rip? You think they’ll go for it?’ ‘I don’t know!?’ ‘But let’s be serious Rip. This is the military we’re talking about. They’re not going to commission a military plane to fly across the border. Not for the reason you’re telling them.’ ‘The frequency is important. You know that better than anyone.’ ‘Yeah, I know that, Rip. What I mean is . . . The real reason,...

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 2 - Pilot Part Two

Five teenagers'lives are changed forever when an accident causes the impossible

Sam stepped forward. 'Hey, who are you?'The stranger didn't answer. He just stared back at them.'Can you talk?' asked Doug.The stranger still just stood there.'I don't think he talks, Doug,' said Sam.'Is anyone else getting that "Terminator" feeling,' said Selena in her ever sarcastic tone.Sarah, having had enough of just staring at the stranger stepped forward. 'Hey, where are we?''Sarah, don't!' Sam grabbed her arm keep...

Adventures Across the Starways - Chapter 18

"Ye'll meet the rope's end for this me Bucko!" as he ran out of the room holding his ass.

The door to the mess hall opened and in walked three of Murdock’s crew, they had had enough of searching and now were feeling hungry.While two took a table and sat down, one walked up to the counter wondering what was today's grub,"Grim, Smiley be any of ye thar?"Sive blinked a couple of times not answering, would they recognize her voice?"We be searching the cargo bay for them prisoners Murdock lost. Now we be taking a w...

Adventures Across the Starways - Chapter 17

After that, all Sive knew was that she was falling. He had shot her.

Sive had swiftly realized her only chance was to get up into the dark rafters and crossbeams the dancing poles were attached to. If she could reach the beams and hide behind them long enough maybe the Sargo police would get here soon . They could divert the pirates giving her a chance to disappear amongst the crowd. She slowly turned to face the pirate. He was loosely pointing his gun at her as he walked towards her. She...