Find your next favourite story now
Login

Science Fiction Stories

Science fiction stories depict imaginative, futuristic worlds populated by humans and non-human characters such as robots, aliens and mutant creatures.

The sci-fi genre often involves space travel and distant planets, with the only limit being the author's imagination.

If you love the sci-fi genre, submit your stories here or click on one of the links below to immerse yourself in another world.

The Agent, Conclusion

Further adventure of an Agent

These stories are meant to be read serially Jen and I spent the following few days visiting her relatives we had met at the party, where Jen spent most of the time talking with the teens and cuddling the younger ones while I conversed with the parents. That's what she wanted, to try to connect with the next generation, and I watched her flourish when she did. We waited some days until Saturday to visit Harry and Lucille's...

The Agent chapter four

Fixing families

The Agent Chapter Four After returning to base I hoped to get a little down time, not that I was really tired, but the tension of the last weeks had me feeling a little hang dog. So I was leery when Simon sent for me. I hoped there wasn't a critical event on the horizon that I'd have to jump on. I knocked on Simon's door and entered when he clicked the lock open from his desk. Entering, I saw, besides Simon, Jennifer and...

The Agent, Chapter Three

Further adventure of an Agent

These stories are meant to be read serially. I went around doing my mundane tasks for months, doing little actions, at times wondering if I were doing any good. I did ascertain there were other agents besides Jennifer and myself, who were not trained to the extent we were, but not enough to keep me from my everyday simple tasks. But then, Simon told me I had access to the records of what we were trying to avert and if my...

Manny’s Moon

A summer getaway becomes so much more. (What I would have entered in the contest if eligible.)

2012, All Rights Reserved “I’m deserting you for a while,” Eve said. “I’m going shopping today. Tell me that you’ll miss me. I love it when you tell me that you’ll miss me.” “I’ll miss you,” I responded. “I’ll show you how much when you get back.” Eve smiled and her beautiful eyes were twinkling. I loved bantering with her in bed in the morning. “And I don’t know what you’re hesitant about,” I said. “Marry me today! I’m h...

The Agent, Chapter Two

further experiences of an Agent

These Agent stories are meant to be read seriallyAlthough Simon had stopped by occasionally over the next couple of months to see me I hadn't received any information as to when I would be re-installed in my new body.But, I wasn't just vegetating. I was learning. I learned subjects I hadn't realized existed and many I did know about but had never studied. One of the most important ones was history, not just the one I thou...

The Agent

The start of an epic

I welcome comments and criticism. All I could remember was the blinding light and the pain, the burning searing pain. And then, blankness. And now, I was awake. Not the gradual awakening as from sleep, but an immediate and full consciousness. I couldn't see, I couldn't feel, I could only be. A voice intruded on my confused thoughts, “Don't be disturbed. You're going to be fine. We've only woken you to reassure you. Even w...

Temporal Enforcers

Two scientists complete their time machine and find out what keeps the universe in order.

Dr. Zach Robertson looked at his watch like an excited child. Some people say he was still a child, but the 26 year old genius showed the adults what that child could do when he received his doctorate in quantum physics at the age of 15. Through all the lectures, studying, lab work he has spent in his short life, patience was one trait he has yet to master. The past three and half hours he has been watching 74 year old Ge...

Journey to Andromeda

5 spaceships set out on a 20 year journey to colonize a dsitant planet

Humanity had decided that the time and technology had arrived to go out and populate other planets. 75 years earlier, when the trip took almost 40 years, scout ships had been sent out to survey other galaxies for a suitable planet, capable of sustaining human life. One was selected and had been carefully surveyed over a period of years. After a number of additional years of research and development, it was finally time to...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Neutral

Dirmac Nor is the Neutral, a natural psycho-detective, in his first space adventure.

The NeutralBy Matt Chatelain Published by Matt Chatelain Copyright 2012 by Matt Chatelain This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. All rights reserved, including the right to reproduce this book or portions thereof in any form...

Salvation

First story posted. Please be brutally honest!

A metallic voice spoke. “Welcome user GR8N3557083…” She pressed the small hexagonal jack into the shadow blue hole in the left side of her head. Although the hole was coated in thick alloy, the moistness rang in her ear as her skull was penetrated. A shudder ran down her spine, spreading out along her limbs like iced electricity seeking somewhere to ground. Leaning back onto the worn faux leather table, its top half raise...

Invincible

First time putting one of my stories out there for others to read

‘Look at us, Sherlock. Look at what we have become.’ She nagged as I punished another swig from a bottle of gin firmly in my grasp. Here in yet another temporary Safe-house – I’ve lost count over the year – I stare out through a night filled window, a place where I have always found somewhat refuge in the ten-year sadness that consumed my new, shittier life. Mind you, it’s better than listening to her incessant nagging. ‘...

Dust

This is a love story.

It's 1000 years in the future. The human male has fought his last biological war and he's long been extinct and forgotten. For centuries now, women have ruled what remains of this harsh, red world. We've stood proudly together in long lasting peace, but for how much longer can our all female race survive? The natural order is against us and the odds on our final destruction keep getting shorter by the day...DustThat was f...

The Dark

In the distant future Em finds she has lost a leg.

The dark The earth has tilted and the British Isles, as well as half of the rest of the world, has been plunged into an ice age. For six months there is no sun.When the sun appears it never sets and as its heat is reflected back into space by the white ice; it does not warm the earth. Summers, when ice melts and whole areas are flooded, now begin around mid-July and last until the end of August. Humans have evolved to hib...

Green People are Good

Smart Lettie believes in being green, but her hoarding takes her to a new level

Green People Are Good by Carol Sumilas Boshears It was getting late and Lettie was rushing home to put her “things" to bed for the night. Other people may put their children to bed, but Lettie’s children were something different than other peoples. They were her very important objects and miscellaneous stuff she had picked up during the day while she worked and took a stroll at lunchtime. Her varied possessions were paper...

Brethren

A monastery witnesses a senseless battle between earth and aliens.

Hail and lightning weren’t the only clandestine storm elements to worry about. Fragments of long ago collided planets and man-made satellites showered down upon a myopic world, proving even intelligent design could crumble. The night skies had turned to searing tracers of flame and red light while the days were chaotic with the sounds and movement of heavy war machinery. The only things on people’s minds were worried ques...