Find your next favourite story now
Login

Romance Stories

Our romance section is for the true romantics among us who love stories and books where a heroic character conquers emotional hurdles and physical threats to be with the person they love.

Sub-genres in this category include regency, historical and contemporary romance, the primary focus always being the developing relationship between the hero and heroine.

In most cases stories culminate in a happily ever after ending.

Learning to Love

It is a story of new beginnings.

LEARNING TO LOVE I’ve been alone all my life. Mum and dad were killed in a car accident when I was only three years old. I can’t even remember them. All I have is a pewter frame, a family heirloom, with their photograph. With no living relatives, I was se...

Rainbow's End: Pt.2

Amazing things happen when his car breaks down near a farm and he meets people who change his life.

Later, on the way to Shirley’s, I noticed a box of books on the back seat of Jenny’s car. “What are all those books for in the back?”“Oh, that’s my summer reading,” she said. “Before I left for here, I borrowed a bunch of books from some friends. That’s w...

Rainbow's End: Pt.1

Amazing things happen when his car breaks down near a farm and he meets people who change his life.

Rainbow’s End: Pt.1Note: This is a long two part story but an intriguing journey that may be worth taking.I was on my way to a bio-technology conference in Philadelphia but didn’t have to be there until three that afternoon, so I decided to get off the tu...

Max and Rosie

A husband takes tender care of his wife who has Alzehimer's

The shrill sound of the tea pot screaming shattered Max’s reverie. He was remembering when he and Rosie met forty years ago. He looked down at the cup, breathing a deep sigh, remembering the vision of the two of them rowing down the Charles River that May...

Jennifer sat up in bed and greeted the morning with a smile. She glanced at the calendar, filled with pink X’s, on the wall next to the bed. She felt a special glow inside that made her tingle from head to toe, and today nothing would extinguish it. She t...

Plato's Student

Gordon's life changes dramatically after visiting a gypsy fortune teller.

Gordon Fink looked in the bathroom mirror, muttering to himself, shaking his head, "You look like an old man,” he said, leaning over the sink, staring into his eyes, and took off his glasses then moved his face closer to the mirror, noticing the wrinkles...

New Year, New Beginnings

Sophie decides the new year deserves a new look and new attitude

New Year, New Beginnings She woke up the first day of the new year with a new outlook. She already had an appointment to get her hair done, her nails done and half her closet bagged up for Goodwill. When Christmas came and she spent it with her family, sh...

A Hanukkah Gift, Part II

A wounded German soldier and a Jewish girl hiding from the Gestapo save each others' lives.

After a long time when the colonel said nothing Hans asked, “And what is the bad news?” The colonel smiled slightly with an expression of complex appreciation. “Private Rickmers, you are a credit to the German Army. You know how to smile at death.” The co...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

A Gilded Cage

Can a bird still fly in a gilded cage?

‘We approach each other, I gaze in your face, I find your lips tender, as we kiss in a daze. Again and again we kiss, with each more yearning then before, Then, I awaken, I am alone, yet not so alone as before.’ “There is Cayo Lobos, just up ahead.” Brian...

A Hanukkah Gift, Part I

A wounded German soldier and a Jewish girl hiding from the Gestapo save each others' lives.

Patches of snow flecked the dirt road in rural France as a squad of German soldiers rode by on motorcycles. A land mine exploded, destroying the first motorcycle, and killing the rider. The other motorcycles crashed. Their riders tried to shoot at unseen...

Her side Dear who ever, I'm not sure why I decided to start writing in a diary, maybe because I would rather write it all out than say it to someone else... Even though I'm kind of just talking to myself ... But it doesn't matter, I still would rather tal...

Dear ... It doesn't really matter nobody will ever read this. Hi, I'm Zander. My therapist says I should keep a diary, and I thought it be a good idea until I realized that it wasn't. I hate writing, I always have, and I don't really think it would matter...

Finding Home

Two people from different cultures find love

Finding Home It was October 1968, (according to the Gregorian calendar) Claire sat on the edge of her bed preparing to write a letter to her parents in England. She ran her fingers through her newly cropped brown hair thinking. Her room made of plywood wi...

Wild China

An old story I wanted to share here

The elderly woman over the road was painting her front door green. I thought it a bit stupid as it was trying to rain. But I admired her determination and obvious optimism that the rain wouldn’t come to much. She had carefully placed an old sheet on the p...

My Dream

this was my dream

Waking, I found myself floating, something melodic running through my head, my eyes remained closed. I could hear breathing, slow and low, hypnotically peaceful. I smile automatically, it’s the effect you have on me every time, but I only remembered to br...