Find your next favourite story now
Login

story::pages.genre.romance_.title

story::pages.genre.romance_.description

story::pages.genre.romance_.intro_text

story::pages.genre.romance_.intro_text_2

Cover to Cover - Chapter One

Man rescues woman, then drives away.

Chapter 1The rain was relentless, coming down in sheets that my wipers could barely keep up with. I had slowed to less than 40 miles per hour because the visibility was so bad. I guess it was a fitting end to a gloomy weekend. I had driven 200 miles to se...

That summer, it was too hot. We didn’t have a thermometer, and even if we had, the little red lines and numbers wouldn’t have meant much to me. But I knew that it wasn’t normal. It couldn’t be. By the time the church clock struck ten it was already too st...

Jodi

A love in hiding

I was watching the last of the soap suds disappear down the plug-hole of the kitchen sink, when I heard a knock at the front door. I looked at the clock on the wall, that smug look on its face, proudly telling me it was very late. I sighed to myself becau...

Finding Home

Vietnam veteran, after many years, finds that he is loved and welcomed home.

Hell, we were friends. We had always been friends. My back door looked across the alley to her backdoor. My family moved in when I was four. I would stand with my hands clutched to the chain link fence and watch her. Shortly after we moved in, my mother a...

The Music of Orpheus

A contemporary story based loosely on the Orpheus Eurydice legend

While sweeping the hallway or emptying the trash cans, or making sure the bathrooms had paper towels and toilet paper, Orrin thought about Jessica. “So what if I’m the janitor and she’s a lawyer’s assistant, I’m just as good as anyone who works at Ainswor...

The Cure -- Chapter One

Charlotte Jane Woods' life is sent spiraling into chaos.

“Dad, come on,” she began as she held out a plate of food to her father. “You have to try and eat something.” He looked up at her with his tired, over-worked blue-gray eyes. “Charlotte, I can’t. I have to focus on my research. This is very important.” She...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Unintended

Lissa's life changes when she sees him in the art gallery

Lissa Morgan walked along the busy street in New York city, talking on her cell as she kept an eye on the overcast sky. It was just mid September, but the rain had been threatening the residents for a week now and had not fully released itself. Her honey...

Learning to Love

It is a story of new beginnings.

LEARNING TO LOVE I’ve been alone all my life. Mum and dad were killed in a car accident when I was only three years old. I can’t even remember them. All I have is a pewter frame, a family heirloom, with their photograph. With no living relatives, I was se...

Rainbow's End: Pt.2

Amazing things happen when his car breaks down near a farm and he meets people who change his life.

Later, on the way to Shirley’s, I noticed a box of books on the back seat of Jenny’s car. “What are all those books for in the back?”“Oh, that’s my summer reading,” she said. “Before I left for here, I borrowed a bunch of books from some friends. That’s w...

Rainbow's End: Pt.1

Amazing things happen when his car breaks down near a farm and he meets people who change his life.

Rainbow’s End: Pt.1Note: This is a long two part story but an intriguing journey that may be worth taking.I was on my way to a bio-technology conference in Philadelphia but didn’t have to be there until three that afternoon, so I decided to get off the tu...

Max and Rosie

A husband takes tender care of his wife who has Alzehimer's

The shrill sound of the tea pot screaming shattered Max’s reverie. He was remembering when he and Rosie met forty years ago. He looked down at the cup, breathing a deep sigh, remembering the vision of the two of them rowing down the Charles River that May...

Jennifer sat up in bed and greeted the morning with a smile. She glanced at the calendar, filled with pink X’s, on the wall next to the bed. She felt a special glow inside that made her tingle from head to toe, and today nothing would extinguish it. She t...