Find your next favourite story now
Login

story::pages.genre.romance_.title

story::pages.genre.romance_.description

story::pages.genre.romance_.intro_text

story::pages.genre.romance_.intro_text_2

Anonymous

The Forgotten

Okay, I tried my hand at romance and see where it got me.

Blood red walls with long black drapes spread around the large room, which contained a golden fountain with a dragon statue rising above it in the center, its golden wingspan stretched out high above its head. All around me were flashy dresses and suits a...

The Nell Gwyn Chronicles - 6

Snippets about Nell Gwyn, told from the point of view of Nell and her lover, Charles II

Nell “All right, all right, break it up! What’s going on?” I picked up my skirts and ran towards the fight. The mob jeered to see a girl push her way through, but when it became clear that I intended to break them up myself a couple of men stepped in to h...

The Nell Gwyn Chronicles - 5

Snippets about Nell Gwyn, told from the point of view of Nell and her lover, King Charles II

Charles Sweet lord, she was beautiful. My eyes widened, as though by doing so they could take in more of her shape, the glistening of water on her soft skin, the spirals of steam that shrouded her heart shaped face in mystery. The tiniest of groans escape...

The Nell Gwyn Chronicles - 4

Snippets about Nell Gwyn, told from the point of view of Nell and her lover, King Charles II

Charles “Charles!” My brother clicked his fingers in front of my face and I blinked, jolted back to the present. “Hmm?” “What is up with you this afternoon? Your head is in the clouds; you barely listen when we call your name.” James’ voice was light-hear...

The Nell Gwyn Chronicles - 3

Snippets about Nell Gwyn, told from the point of view of Nell and her lover, King Charles II

Charles I laughed as her eyes widened to the size of gold coins, her plump little lips dropping into an infinitely kissable O. For a moment she was speechless as she took in the size of the room, the gold leafing of the walls and the heavy velvet curtains...

The Nell Gwyn Chronicles - 2

Snippets about Nell Gwyn, told from the point of view of Nell and her lover, King Charles II

Nell I liked him. I’ve never been a girl to beat about the bush and I certainly didn’t intend to start with the King. In truth, however, the idea of meeting the man himself had set my stomach fluttering, terrified that the only small talk I knew how to ma...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Nell Gwyn Chronicles - 1

Snippets about Nell Gwyn, told from the point of view of Nell and her lover, King Charles II

Nell The knock was soft, but made us both jump nonetheless. “Don’t get it,” Jamie whispered in my ear, “Whoever it is will go away.” Ignoring him, I climbed to my feet and straightened my skirts. “If you’ve come with gifts or flowers, you’re supposed to l...

FOR: Matt, FROM: Becky, With Love

Becky’s given Matt her love and her body. Now he’s going back to war, what else can she give him?

I was halfway between Sears and flat broke, sitting alone in the mall’s noisy food-court, eating a tasteless salad, and wondering why I let my mother con me into getting dressed and driving into town with her to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, the...

Love's Transition - Chapter 4

“Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” Mineko Iwasaki

After throwing Billy out of my room and my life, I lay in my bed and reflected on my life. I remembered the best moments and of my life and Doug was there. I relived, reluctantly but honestly, the worst times and Doug helped me though most of them. Being...

A Survivor's Tale

Inspired by my friend and her struggles.

He sat on top of her, legs and body raised just slightly above her hips, so as not to crush her with his weight. He was leaning forward, holding her arms over her head. She was afraid to look him in the eyes, her face red, eyes tearing up. “Please don’t”,...