Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

Part One

Part one of the story

Dead trees over encumbered with snow surrounded the frozen lake. He loomed over her. His black cellular robes covered his face as if he didn't have one.She stared blankly into his gaping hole."Accompany me" he hissed as he extended a claw.Lifting her hand to his, she walked alongside him. Her first step on the ice, she could swear she could almost feel a chill creep up her spine.Before she could dwell on this, he grasped...

Taken by a Highlander- chapter 7

He heard her hit the ground with a thud and cry out in pain.

Rówann had been surprised when Ella had introduced herself as Lass, but it had confirmed his suspicions. She had been magicked somehow and who knew how long it would be until it wore off. Still, it seemed some good had come of it as they now understood each other.He had obliged her by getting the small bag from the tree and then placing it in his saddlebag. When they stopped for lunch, he intended to ask her what it was....

Taken by a Highlander- chapter 6

"Sir If you could you get these chains off of me I would really appreciate it."

Rówann was not having a very enjoyable morning. Whatever it was that he was tracking, he knew it was not human. Nothing human could move through a place like this and leave barely any signs of passing. He was having to go at such a slow pace so as not to lose the trail that it felt like he was hardly making any progress at all.In the few hours, he estimated that he had barely gone a mile from his campsite. At this rate, h...

Taken by a Highlander- chapter 5

“No, this creature is helpless and alone, I want to keep it! I think I'll call it Wigit.”

The next morning Ella woke up and yawned mightily stretching out her arms. She hadn't slept so well in a very long time. How she knew that, she didn't really have a clue, just that she felt good. She sat up and looked around. She seemed to be in a forest of sorts and her bed which was under a large oak tree was made of grass and moss. As she thought about it, a small man carrying a pile of clothes in his arms came over an...

Taken by a Highlander- chapter 4

She knew that beast of a man would run her down.

Once horse and riders drew near the edge of the forest, they halted. Ella looked up at the wondrously tall trees. She had seen her fair share of forests in her travels, but nothing like this one. It seemed very ancient, and dark within. She shivered getting a sense of other worldliness. She frowned, wondering what kind of hazards could be in a Scottish forest? Maybe a few wolves? She shook her head to clear it before glan...

Taken by a Highlander- chapter 3

Ella blanched as his words became clear to her. “I believe I will claim you for my own."

                                       The Forbidden Forest As they rode across the moors, Ella kept from freaking out by trying to figure out what the man's last words meant. If she could only picture them in her mind, then she would have a chance to decipher them. Meanwhile, the horse's gallop devoured up the miles. Every once in a while Ella tried to push herself away from her captor. He automatically pulled her back a...

Taken by a Highlander - chapter 2

Ella glared up at her captor and suddenly with her uninjured hand walloped him hard across his face.

Ella drove on the highway for a short while before sighting a gravel road that looked interesting. She turned onto the road and continued for at least forty-five minutes before she came to a place she thought would be perfect for her picnic. The view was spectacular. Purple blooming heather surrounded her on rolling hills. It took her breath away. Taking the basket, her book and a blanket she started to walk looking for a...

Lowenna 2: The Secrets of Light and Darkness, Chapter 32 (the end)

The Crystal shattered and Rique fell. What is going to happen?

Chapter 32, BondingErkut fell to the ground, and Nera who had taken to the air fell on top of him. Sudden pain flowed through their heads.Everyone else collapsed or grabbed their heads in pain.  Even Lowenna had to close her eyes and covered then with her hands, not knowing where the pain had come from.  It felt like someone had just thrust a red-hot poker through her skull.As the pain started to subside, she looked over...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Ch. 11*Sakura*The drive back to Denjo’s hideout was odd, to say the least. We took several winding back roads, and once we entered a densely forested area, I gave up hope trying to figure out where I was being held captive. Ultimately, it didn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Once we dropped off this Aejin into the dungeon, I was free to go.I had been instructed to keep watch over the knapsack that held the Aejin i...

Chapter 31 The new hunter of the mazeRique was running as fast as she could, but Lowenna was faster.  The only advantage she had was her long or high jump.  Still, Lowenna was gaining on her.  She ducked as a pale pink ball of fire shot over her head.  She couldn't die, not like this.  She had to save everyone.  She had promised Callan that she would destroy the crystal and save everyone.Lowenna was chasing her friend.  S...

Lowenna and the secrets of light and darkness, Chapter 30

Lowenna looked at Darcarial, is she lost?

Chapter 30, Lowenna LostDarcariel had a big smile on her face.  She knew the Lowenna was hers now, no more resisting, no more running.  "Stay here Jibranz.  I'm going to look at my new toy."Jibranz nodded.  He was still worried that the Lowenna would fight, and try to kill his queen.  He was staying on high alert.Lowenna stood there with a vacant smile on her face watching her queen.  She had resisted for so long, and it...

*The roaring crowd cheered as the gates opened and a lion came out. The lion slowly walked out, basking in glory as the crowd roared on. I watched in horror; I couldn’t believe the madness in front of my eyes. In the center of the arena was a young skinny fragile looking boy, he was chained to a cub on his left foot. He had a thin stick that was poorly sharpened on one end. It had bite marks all over; it looked like it wa...

Lowenna and the secrets of light and darkness, Chapter 29

Lowenna is alone, her magic almost gone, and what awaits her on the other side of the door

Chapter 29 Other Side Of The DoorLowenna looked at the large imposing door.  It was the first one she had seen since entering the labyrinth.  She didn't want to go back, not through the room with all those dead bodies.She tried the latch, it moved, and with a strong push the door creaked open.  Lowenna froze.  There was a dead body in the corner, not a skeleton, but an actual body.  She released the door as she looked at...

Lowenna and the secrets of light and darkness: chapter 28

Lowenna is weakening, but Rique and the others are getting closer, can they save Lowenna?

Chapter 28 the power of Darcariel The party had wandered on for a while.  Rique had made a mistake translating one of the symbols, but apart from having to double back once, they seemed to be making real progress.Everyone was still on edge, Grilk had already drawn his newly acquired sword and had nearly attacked a statue with it.  Talia was staying very close to Rique, giving Rique a boost of confidence.  Talia seemed to...

Nsansa was right when he said I would be blamed for Uliya’s death. The young blossoming and fertile second wife of my husband had succumbed to a mysterious fatality, and I was the only witness.  A hundred villagers surrounded us as we sat on the ground. Uliya’s mother wept violently on my far right, and four elders sat in front of us.  As I expected, my husband passionately vouched for me. His sister-in-law Tashani spoke...