Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

The Warrior Princess. Chapter 5.

"The two unsuspecting hunters appeared just in front of me, so close I could hear them breathing."

The company rode steadily through the dark hours, pausing only briefly for sustenance and comfort. We were not troubled that night and we made good progress and as the darkness gave way to light on the third daybreak since setting out, the mood was good and camp was made before the sun appeared over the horizon. As I prepared for rest I noticed that the Eagles were high in the sky, wheeling around, searching for prey. The...

The Warrior Princess Chapter 4.

"I do not think we are alone. I don't think our movements have passed unnoticed..."

I placed my left foot into the stirrup then, taking hold of Fleet-Foot's snow white mane and with my other hand on the saddle, bent my knee and pushed up, swinging my leg easily over his back, the loose material of my dress spreading out over the saddle. I took a moment to settle myself and adjust my cloak over my horse's back, then looked across at Astrid. She was already mounted and looked fearsome in her brown leather...

The Warrior Princess. Chapter 3

I slowly raised my arm and touched the great beast with my fingertips.

There was no point in trying to sleep. I had rested well the night before and my nerves were on edge anyway, thinking about what lay ahead. About me, I could hear the sounds of preparation for battle and wondered what the next few days would bring and, turning my head to the side, I looked across to Astrid who was lying on her back, the sword belt around her waist and the gleaming hilt, shining above its scabbard in the s...

The Warrior Princess. Chapter 2

"Take her alive! He wants her alive!"

As I lay on the thick straw mattress, sleep would not come. I listened to the sounds about me, the creaking of the timbers of the great hall, the faint sounds, beyond our chamber, of the soldiers sleeping and guards moving about as they changed watch. I could hear sounds in the forest outside, birds fluttering between the trees and animals scurrying through the undergrowth but mostly I listened to the soft rhythm of Princ...

Switched

Synopsis and Chapter One: Part One. *First Life*

Synopsis Ever want to switch lives with someone else? Look to covet something someone else has on their side of the fence? More money. Better job. Bigger house. Love. Kurt Eakles does, and soon, will have the chance to do just that. But not every life is perfect and with every pro, there’s a con to follow. There’s no such thing as Fairytales. With limited times to switch between lives, he’ll have to choose between the sim...

The warrior Princess

“You don't scare us,” the first man sneered. “We are Samerron's men..."

It was cold, so cold, as the sun began to rise in the east, casting the first rays of warmth across the rolling hills. The mist was lying in the valleys and as I rode slowly along the twisting, rutted road weird shapes seemed to appear suddenly then disappear just as quickly, as the thin mist twisted the beams of light into contorted shadows. In the far distance I could see the dark green canopy of the forest rising above...

Night of the Wind

A mysterious traveller heralds a strange evening in a small town

The rider came swiftly towards Avenigar. Keeping his horse at a fast trot, he reached the cluster of buildings that stood beyond the town’s West gate. Those buildings stood mostly empty and boarded up now that winter had arrived. During the summer, though, they were home to hundreds when trade caravans passed through en route to the mountain passes. Dev Jackelbury, Warden of Avenigar, stood in the watchtower over the gate...

Anonymous

Broken Roses

The first blow of the next war of good v evil

It had started inauspiciously, much as any other day. But that sharp, cold, Thursday morning was one that would shape history. Both political and religious history. It would be wrong to say that it 'changed' history, as history is an eternally changing story. History itself cannot be changed - only the telling of it.Not a single member of the congregation of The Church of Our Lady who arrived that November morning had any...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors
Anonymous

[NorthWorld] Thorgaut Kabbisson: Chapter 2 - NightFall!

Thorgaut heads down a weird trail in the forest

The first wolf came in low. Thorgaut caught it with a backhanded blow from his bow just behind the ear. The wolf reeled back and fell over. Thorgaut hoped it wasn't dead, but didn't have time to check it now. The last wolf took a flying leap into the air, reaching for his throat with its open jaws. Thorgaut grabbed it by the neck with both hands. These were normal sized wolves that would have been a threat to any average-...

Anonymous

[NorthWorld] Thorgaut Kabbisson: Chapter 1 - Lost!

Follow Thorgaut Kabbisson on his journey to become king of the North

Thorgaut Kabbisson walked along the edge of woods trying to get his bearings. He was lost and he knew it. Something was wrong. He should have been back at their little camp. It wasn't very big, but there is no way that he could have missed it and walked past it. The sun hung low on the horizon. Darkness would soon be upon him. He wanted to stop and build a fire to warm up, but he needed to keep moving. If Thorgaut didn't...

Anonymous

The world I know

you dont need to be in the spot light to change the world

The year was 1900   After a massive war of the four Kingdoms where there was no winner only death the world was shocked to its core the world powers that once held the lands together. Where gone and chaos ruled the land the weak were killed, and the strong seek to control these lands that once were united. The strong stood to take control of the land for themselves.  There were three factions that wanted to take control o...

Tree of Life

It's just a walk through the woods

She trips over the tree root. She hasn't been looking down, but up into the treetops. Now she is on the ground with a twisted ankle.It's a mulberry tree, Moira knows that. It's filled with purple and red fruits, some covering the ground. The palms of her hands are dyed with the stain of the berries. So is her linen dress with the half sleeves and the calf length skirt.  She winces slightly as she moves her leg. It feels l...

Tales From The Nowhere Pub: The Captain's Visit

Two naval officers visit the Nowhere Pub

Captain Llewellyn Gavin Crayford — “Captain Crayford” to many, “Cap” or “Cap’n” to most of his crew, and “LG” to his friends — disembarked from his ship, Running Light, with a sigh. Most of his crew were already off the ship, glad to have some shore leave. His ship was now officially down for maintenance for at least a week, with just a rotating skeleton crew for the duration. The Chief Engineer and he had agreed that the...

Tales From The Nowhere Pub: The Nowhere Pub

Introducing the Nowhere Pub - a cross-dimensional pub for adventurers

I was sure I had walked down this side street hundreds of times. How could I have never seen this pub before?All right, granted, there wasn’t even really a sign for it. There was just a very tattered-looking board sitting off to the side of a front window that was so caked with dirt it was impossible to see through.Even so, mate, how the hell could I have missed a pub that was within about 15 minutes of home?It had been a...

Brushing plants aside, Vera walked into the jungle. Away from the fire, the last lick of the sun made her skin glisten with sweat. She walked hunched in search for food as her mind traveled elsewhere.The first time she saw Kaiya was two earth years ago. Kaiya was strolling up and down aisles in the grocery store, food overflowing in her hands."She's supposed to help the Absolute War?" Vera thought to herself, her chin res...