Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

The Bear and the Girl

What happens when a injured woman meets a talking polar bear?

The Bear yawned and stretched, then walked out into the sunlight. He thought it was about time to patrol his territory, marking it out, and making sure other carnivores weren’t taking liberties. That Mama brown bear seemed particularly to like trying to n...

Anonymous

Yearning of the Unknown

A girl wants to escape from a static life, but what awaits her destiny?

  There once lived a little girl, named Anastasia in a tiny village. Her soft silky hair harmonized with her smooth black skin. Her sparkly big blue eyes filled with innocence and love; one could only see and get lost in the sight of hope. Her life appear...

The Goddess Dances

A goddess learns joy from a little girl

Talala looked down on the city square of Tantovar and smiled. Around her, people danced in a throng that filled the square. The rhythmic beat of hand drums and skirl of pipes filled the air with joyous sounds. “If only I could dance with them,” thought th...

The fresh, crisp air stung at her lungs as Lynwen breathed deeply on the porch of the inn that she had stayed at the previous night. She pulled her cloak tightly around her body, shivering slightly. She looked out in the fields as the farmers hurriedly tr...

The frigid wind howled through the mighty tree branches. It rustled the long evergreen needles shaking the clumps of snow from the branches with soft thumps. The fresh, crisp air stung at the lungs of the small porcine creatures, their breath pluming whit...

Goodgulf the Wizard, Ogers and Amazons, Part V

The final installment of Ogers and Amazons

King Crusher lead me to the royal quarters, the royal quarters basically being a hut that is several times larger than any other hut in the village. When I stepped inside of the hut I was surprised to see that it was rather civilized, it was very clean wi...

Anonymous

I remember that I'd been called to Mr Lockwood's office. 11pm seemed an odd time, but I assumed it must've been urgent. I bumped into Matthias Sandström on the way. Apparently he'd been summoned too.  He said I was an idiot for not putting a coat on, and...

Anonymous

  The dull, methodical beeping of the medical equipment was enough to send anyone to sleep. But Gerard's milky blue eyes remained open, staring intently at one of the screens. He had only watched the other projections when instructed to, but he would alwa...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors
Anonymous

The Oak Street Inn

A well renown tavern on Oak Street finds itself hosting a dangerous necromancer.

  The evening, as it always did, brought revellers and merrymakers of all sorts to Oak Street. Locals and travelers alike could never resist experiencing the famous Oak Street Inn for themselves. Even the wealthy scions of Thursk, the great city shadowing...

Anonymous

Divine Descent Ch 3

If life is a game, it's obvious I'm losing.

Fatima pov Fatima it seemed had no choice in the matter as she was carried out of the trail. Why isn't she fighting back, why not scream and thrash and see if anyone would come. Except no one would come, people would rather avoid conflict and pretend it d...

Anonymous

Divine Descent Ch 2

I will know peace once I can blur the lines of the chapters in my life

  Dia From under the illuminating halo of the street light, Dia lounged upon the top of a rather sleek matte black Camaro Zl1. Eyes closed with her face tilted towards the sky, she used this moment to peace to her advantage. The stillness of night made it...

The Warrior Princess. Chapter 8.

“I was there when you confided in your horse. I heard everything you said..."

I awoke with a start. The trumpets were still sounding! Astrid, too, was awake and sitting upright. What was going on? Was that an alarm, were we being attacked? I leapt immediately from my bed and donned my cloak. Grabbing my bow and quiver I ran out of...

Anonymous

Divine Descent: Prologue + Ch. 1

Is this the beginning of the story or had I merely started in the middle?

  Prologue A harrowing scream of the wind gusted through the narrow twists and turns of the long winding alleyways of Ashdrift city. Where its tall dark towers loomed over the small haze of light from the streets below, encased by a hazy film of unwanted...

The Warrior Princess. Chapter 7.

“I am sorry to say, My Lady,” she paused, “Your brother has gone..."

“Anna.” I heard the distant voice say my name but I was too grief-stricken to answer. I felt someone stroke my hair and the voice repeated my name. “Anna.” I lifted my head and my heart leapt with joy! “Astrid! My darling! I thought...” She smiled weakly...

The Warrior Princess. Chapter 6.

“Princess Anna!” she cried, “it is you!”

Rather than gallop out of the end of the tunnel and risk death after startling my people I halted and dismounted, leading Fleet-Foot slowly through the archway and out into the main cavern, As I looked around a lump formed in my throat and tears welled in...