Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

Chapter 6Araiso was quiet, thinking for a moment in the bathwater. Kasei had already backed up to be leaning against the bathroom door.“Anyway you look at it, isn’t this like keeping a hostage?”“Hostage?” Kasei looked over to the other. “You’re not a hostage if you’re staying by your will.”“But I’m not!”“You can go back any time.” Kasei said with an unbelievably straight face. “Just cause I have your mirror doesn’t mean y...

Chapter 8 The murmuring of the voices got closer to Will's ear. He groaned from the throbbing in his head, and squinted open his eyes drearily. Just then, Crow opened the door letting in a smell of scrambled eggs, toast and jam and some sweet tea. It was delicious and overpowered the lavender. “I'm fine. Get out!” Crow whispered in a frustrated manner to someone at the door, and shut it quickly with his foot once he was i...

Chapter 7As Will began to return to the world ofconsciousness, his thoughts swirled around. The dream he had been having was about the last dinner party he'd gone to, almost four months earlier. This was the time when Mia had offered him some nice fettuccine alfredo pasta with a special mix of spices she had added. Sadly, it hadn't just been limited to peppers and salt. The mixture had given Will food poisoning and left h...

Chapter 4After a bit, Kasei got up and with a new cigarette in his mouth headed back to the den. Araiso followed after quickly.Kasei spent a while flipping through some books, while Araiso just sat next to him with the blanket wrapped around him.“Waiting for me to show you the mirror?” Kasei asked with a chuckle, looking to the other. All he got was a pout. “Why do you want my mirror so bad?”Araiso looked around, trying t...

The young man rubbed his shoulder, looking after Adell with a confused annoyed look. “Well. That was interesting.” He shrugged a bit, lifting his chin to see the doorway to the kitchen. A smile grew onto his face just before he headed across the crowd to the door. He greeted the servants coming and going with nods, and then slipped into the kitchen, looking around. His golden eyes spotted Will just as the pink-haired youn...

Surprised, Will's blue eyes turned to the one who addressed him on his left, eyes wide. He blinked a few times, then smiled. “Hello, sir! Would you like an hor'derves?” The young man smiled with a nod. He had dark navy hair, and lighter skin than Will. His orange golden eyes pierced into Will's being, as they seemed to almost glow if you looked at them for too long. He had a red long-sleeved blazer on with a white button-...

Chapter 2 Kasei just went to the study down the hall and picked up a book on oceanography to research. He pulled out the mirror and looked through the book for references about merfolk. He’d been looking for a while and found nothing that seemed plausible. Giving up after a few hours, he looked into the mirror. Like mist clearing, the mirror showed a young man with sleek features, vanilla sweet skin, ocean blue eyes and h...

Nearly There Nicely 4

Ch4 of the story.

While Will continued setting up, a little boy dressed in a nice khaki colored pair of shorts and a white blouse with a blue big ribbon tied around the collar, came over and grabbed onto Will's shirt-tail. Will looked down and smiled at him. The little boy had sky blue eyes and light blond hair with pink tips, hiding one of his eyes. “Hi, Alexander. Have you finished getting cleaned up for the party tonight?” Will set down...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Kaitei Niou 1

A young man who gave up swimming has met a merman.

~Ten Years Ago~ A young boy and his family were taking a break at the beach during their summer holiday. Even though it was the morning, the sun made the sand very hot, so its grit would burn your feet. The kind mother, with her long brown hair, was watching the two little girls as they played in the shallows. Farther off at the rocks was the tall father, his black hair wet from water-fighting with his two sons. The fathe...

Will headed down the hallway, turning in to the kitchen. He watched the chefs and cooks hurrying around to get the food prepared for the party. As he walked over to talk to one of the cooks, covered in powder and sauces, that cook smiled at him. “Hey, you sure decided to sleep in late. It's already almost one,” the cook smiled. “You must've been pretty tired.” Seeing this as an opportunity to find out just how long he had...

Anonymous

Days passed, and William still was tormented by his father's passing. Every time he closed his eyes for more than a second, he saw the smoldering fire, the blackened corpse, those blood red eyes of a monster. A dark shadow fell across his face, whoever or whatever it was, he would see it put down. Willow had left to see her mother yet again, taking the stranger, Jaden, with her. The whole time he had been here, he had bee...

The Locket

A young Princess on the road to self discovery

A long, long time ago in a faraway land there was a little Princess named Annabelle. She was quite young, perhaps as young as nine. She was rather small and delicate with long golden hair that framed her rosy red cheeks perfectly. Annabelle was traveling by carriage to visit her mother a fair distance away. Her mother, not possessing a drop of royal blood, had been cast off from the family upon giving birth to Annabelle....

Chapter Four: Picario When Ethan got into the first floor lounge it was practically empty. There were handfuls of other phantoms standing or sitting around in groups, but they barely made a dent in the massive sized lounge. Now that it wasn’t swarming with phantoms, Ethan realized just how big the room really was. He also noticed that there were three wide halls to the right of the stairs with signs above each of them. Th...

A Royal Reborn: Prologue

After failing to stop a princess from running away, Guardian Xavier is banished until he finds her.

PROLOGUE | There is Strength in Shame In a magnificent Golden Palace perched in a kingdom in the sky, a king dressed in robes of maroon cotton paces along the edge of a grand table centered within a musty, candlelit war room. King Oliver the Valorous, they call him. King Oliver the Prudent. Yet no wisdom from any man he has ever known could aid him now. The smell of the Palace kitchens preparing early breakfast awakens hi...

Chapter Three: The Next Day Ethan recovered from the shock of seeing his father on the scoreboard long enough to stagger out of the mansion. He bumped into several others on his way out and as soon as he got outside and shut the door behind him, he fell to his knees. Ethan was breathing heavily and fast, am I hyperventilating? Ethan thought to himself. Waves of heavy sadness and anger kept washing over Ethan’s heart as he...